Ways you play your game that people think is crazy.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean using traincraft for that particular build or using traincraft in general? because quite honestly I like traincraft it adds that oil stuff when macerated gives you pretty good amounts of power (easy for starting off)[DOUBLEPOST=1363743768][/DOUBLEPOST]
Picture please? :D
For how much hatred Tekkit got it was pretty good for just messing around on. I feel like FTB is more serious and requires more dedication which I'm TOTALLY fine with, but like I said for how much hatred Tekkit gets it's an alright modpack (if only it wasn't copyrighted)

traincraft in general.

but the oil doesn't count.

JudgeCrane

Jul 29, 2019
2013-03-19_18.54.08.png2013-03-19_18.54.16.png2013-03-19_18.54.48.png

The factory is empty because I dont play on this world anymore I think the lamps just showed which sections are on and also took a pick of the simple wiring underground. I dont have my mob spawner world anymore either. But im working on smaller scale one atm and might upload it when im finished. Sorta of taking pictures of each step done so maybe it could be like a tutorial type thing?

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 2859View attachment 2860View attachment 2861

The factory is empty because I dont play on this world anymore I think the lamps just showed which sections are on and also took a pick of the simple wiring underground. I dont have my mob spawner world anymore either. But im working on smaller scale one atm and might upload it when im finished. Sorta of taking pictures of each step done so maybe it could be like a tutorial type thing?

That would be cool... The hardest part for me is making good looking houses. I have no design sense... :'(

Reactions: JudgeCrane

JudgeCrane

Jul 29, 2019
2013-02-19_16.01.36.png2013-02-19_16.02.50.png

Ah yes and this thing I found some odd floating volcano tower.
I made this world on vanilla and updated it to FTB and sense then I gotten odd biomes and such, found a underground marsh, villages in lakes the mountains are really cool some floating. Alot of villages are placed odd like one half is on the top of a mountain while the rest on the bottom some biomes are a perfect square. The mountains are just great with these huge caves that go from end to end good for a home.
Also made a portal on a mountain and spawned me like 10 blocks under bedrock which is just horrible because I have yet to find a nether fortess.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 2862View attachment 2863

Ah yes and this thing I found some odd floating volcano tower.
I made this world on vanilla and updated it to FTB and sense then I gotten odd biomes and such, found a underground marsh, villages in lakes the mountains are really cool some floating. Alot of villages are placed odd like one half is on the top of a mountain while the rest on the bottom some biomes are a perfect square. The mountains are just great with these huge caves that go from end to end good for a home.
Also made a portal on a mountain and spawned me like 10 blocks under bedrock which is just horrible because I have yet to find a nether fortess.
Lol

Jacobblue34

Jul 29, 2019
stinking posting is weird. Thats what i get for doing it on a psp2000. Did the 1 fps for the longest time and gregtech on hard mode taught me the wonders of thermal expansion. EDIT 1 removed server suggestion due to us not yet finding a good way to distribute our custom pack without the techniclauncher, not having yet moved to our custom launcher as it only works on mac, and not technically being an ftb server even though we pretty much have the same mods. Please excuse typos, format

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
stinking posting is weird. Thats what i get for doing it on a psp2000. Did the 1 fps for the longest time and gregtech on hard mode taught me the wonders of thermal expansion. EDIT 1 removed server suggestion due to us not yet finding a good way to distribute our custom pack without the techniclauncher, not having yet moved to our custom launcher as it only works on mac, and not technically being an ftb server even though we pretty much have the same mods. Please excuse typos, format
Might I suggest the wonders of a private dropbox shared folder for server distribution? I technically play on a server which does this. Can't bother to actually play on the server though. Without Ars Magicka, I feel lost.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds cool. I might do that, and live in a fenced in paddock.

No he really means out in a field.

Dravarden has already stated that he does not like to build stuff all that much. I imagine his worlds has these scattered field camps with machines and chests just sitting out in the open. He just builds just the stuff he needs to gear up then abandons it.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Dravarden has already stated that he does not like to build stuff all that much. I imagine his worlds has these scattered field camps with machines and chests just sitting out in the open. He just builds just the stuff he needs to gear up then abandons it.

And then comes on here to post that he's bored...

On another note:

building houses are for girls
It's a bit disappointing in this day and age to find people still perpetuate ignorant gender stereotypes. Not cool.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
It's a bit disappointing in this day and age to find people still perpetuate ignorant gender stereotypes. Not cool.

You should not take that kind of stuff seriously. Minecraft is a bit like playing with lego's so it's as far from gender stereotypes as you can get.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure why but on the server people think I'm a bit odd because I start the game from a certain viewpoint.
I start in a kind of role play. I am a space traveller that had to abandon ship using an escape pod.
The pod uses it internal and solar power to put me into a susspended animation. Meaning any amount of time could have passed. During this time I could have even encountered odd space stuff that changed my form and the physics around me.

Anyway. To cut a long story short, the pod uses all it's power when it finds a habitable planet with an atmosphere. It uses all it's power to enter that atmosphere without burning up. (That's the reason there is no longer any pod power resources etc to use at the start.)
After landing the power has run out and I am awoken from my sleep in a strange new land. What planet I am on is anyones guess. But it sure as hell aint Kansas.

That is the only role play I do. Just appearing in a world with no explaination used to get on my nerves. People think I'm odd / crazy that I need to invent a reason as to why I am in a minecraft world...

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
since when was building a house a female stereotype...

That's not the part that I took issue with. Saying something "is for girls", whilst implying that one is above that same something (because one is not a girl) sends the message that girls are lesser than blokes. It's subtle, but it's there.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
That's not the part that I took issue with. Saying something "is for girls", whilst implying that one is above that same something (because one is not a girl) sends the message that girls are lesser than blokes. It's subtle, but it's there.
maybe he's just mad that he's not as aesthetically gifted as any females that he knows?

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
You're overreacting.
Be it overreacting or not, you're not helping.

Skirty obviously felt it to be insulting, so saying to not feel that way would be kinda like telling someone of a certain nationality to not be insulted against a racial stereotype/ slur directed at them.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Be it overreacting or not, you're not helping.

Skirty obviously felt it to be insulting, so saying to not feel that way would be kinda like telling someone of a certain nationality to not be insulted against a racial stereotype/ slur directed at them.

I'm Dutch and if some dude goes and says something along the lines that all Dutch are cheap, only eat cheese and smoke weed all day I'm not going to be insulted either.

Some people really try too hard to read insults where none are intended just to create some drama.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Women are told they're overreacting so often- whether it's true or not- it's hard not to get annoyed when someone says that. Furthermore, you don't get to decide whether someone else is allowed to be offended. You may be cool with people making nasty comments about your nation- it doesn't give you a license to say things which offend others.

On topic:
I prefer to build my structures in creative mode, then switch to survival for building everything else. I have always found gathering materials for construction to be hellishly tedious (so... many... bricks...), so I am happier allowing myself infinite bricks while still relying on mining/quarrying to acquire resources for all that which is not a wall, a ceiling or a floor. Plus, the ability to fly & place/remove blocks at will means I can experiment with different aesthetic looks quickly and easily. (Don't like that tower? Tear the whole thing down and replace it, in under ten minutes!) This way, I keep the sandbox vanilla Minecraft I love so much, while still enjoying the challenge of machinery and automation.

Also, I play sometimes on Peaceful, sometimes not. Depends on what mood I'm in. Monsters never really fit with Minecraft's theme, in my opinion. If I want a game with great combat, I'll go for Dark Souls.

Yes, I know that this is the "WRONG WAY" to play. I know some of you will find my playstyle lazy and call my builds worthless because I utilize creative mode for structures. Don't care. I like it like this.

Reactions: ApSciLiara and Yuka

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
AS some have said there is no wrong way to play a sandbox game. In survival just build a 3x3x3 hole in the ground with a bed, chest, furnace, crafting bench and a farm on top. Boom you are set, dig one more level down to add in torches.