Bug Very frustrated with FTB: Resurrection

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mikegold10

Jul 29, 2019
The following items frustrate me to no end.
  • I can't build a basic iron block by putting 9 iron ingots on a crafting table.
  • I can't perform simple thing like get recipes for IC2 items (e.g., try typing Compressor in the search and select the Compressor 202:5 from Industrial Craft, the first item that pops up, you can't select it).
Is IC2 totally broken or what?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ehm, you know.. Gregtech.

Gregtech makes large changes to the game(both vanilla game and IC2). You should read up on those and probably find some Gregtech tutorials.
If you don't like it, there are hundreds of configs allowing you to almost set it to interfere more or less to the degree you want. But it is a lot of work doing so and might completely break the point of the pack.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
GT changes the recipes
GT disables most of IC2's machines (look for GT alternatives)
Basically stop trying to make IC2 things and look at GT things.

mikegold10

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, all I wanted to do was to make an anvil, so that I could repair items. An anvil requires iron blocks and it doesn't look like I can make them.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Make a compressor then but not the IC2 one the .... oops forgot it's bronze first :)

Make a bronze compressor and bronze coal boiler.

Reactions: Padfoote

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Guys, all I wanted to do was to make an anvil, so that I could repair items. An anvil requires iron blocks and it doesn't look like I can make them.
Have you actually tried looking up the recipe for an Iron block? Pretty sure NEI will tell you how to do it if Gregtech have changed it.
Gregtech will/can have changed almost everything, forcing you to start in caveman mode and work your way up through bronze age, iron, steel etc. But it all depends on the configs used by the specific modpack.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
It totally tells you in NEI that you need to compress it. If you search for compressor it shows a steam compressor which you can build, also NEI has recipes for small coal boiler and small steam pipes. Read the darn description for a modpack before you play it and report a bug that is a feature.

Nefroz

Jul 29, 2019
The following items frustrate me to no end.
  • I can't build a basic iron block by putting 9 iron ingots on a crafting table.
  • I can't perform simple thing like get recipes for IC2 items (e.g., try typing Compressor in the search and select the Compressor 202:5 from Industrial Craft, the first item that pops up, you can't select it).
Is IC2 totally broken or what?
There is a reason gregtech is quite disliked, while not the main reason this is part of it. Unessisary changes for the sake of just grinding.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
There is a reason gregtech is quite disliked, while not the main reason this is part of it. Unessisary changes for the sake of just grinding.

There are many of us, such as myself, who quite enjoy GT and the changes it makes. Plus, these are all highly configurable and can be changed. The "unnecessary" changes Greg makes are in an effort to create balance for his own mod, not to add needless grinding to his mod.

Please, do not bash a mod and the author's choices for their own mod simply because you dislike it.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
There are many of us, such as myself, who quite enjoy GT and the changes it makes. Plus, these are all highly configurable and can be changed. The "unnecessary" changes Greg makes are in an effort to create balance for his own mod, not to add needless grinding to his mod.

Please, do not bash a mod and the author's choices for their own mod simply because you dislike it.

You might not dislike GT. @Nefroz never said you disliked GT, though.

Nefroz said that there is a reason GT is disliked. This is part of the reason GT is disliked. You can't plausibly argue that GT is not disliked, because it is. And for the people who dislike it, this is the sort of reason why they dislike it.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
If you've never played Gregtech then Resurrection is a good taster of what it's like. If you find the complexity satisfying then go try something like Beyond Reality where GT has it's teeth into every mod.

GT is complex and it's certainly no ProjectE/EE2.

Reactions: Padfoote

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
As a Side note.. Resurrection is the 1.7.10 version of Ultimate which had GT and was one of the most popular FTB packs, is it exactly the same? No...since many mods changed and some are unavailable. Ultimate was popular for a reason, this is still alpha and everything is not tweaked yet so sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

Nefroz

Jul 29, 2019
You might not dislike GT. @Nefroz never said you disliked GT, though.

Nefroz said that there is a reason GT is disliked. This is part of the reason GT is disliked. You can't plausibly argue that GT is not disliked, because it is. And for the people who dislike it, this is the sort of reason why they dislike it.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm allowed my opinion on a particular mod, that's not bashing. Some people like it, just like some people like mind numbing grinds in WoW for whatever reason. I've never bashed Greg for his mod. I have however bashed him for some of his childish reactions to mod authors who have disagreed with his meddling in the past however.
I have a love hate relationship with greg tech, In fact thought a lot of what the mod added was cool back in ultimate as far as machines and toys were concerned, I just disliked then asinine grinding it required.

Go ahead, if you don't do some other things besides this you won't have any ore generation. Don't give people partial advice if you haven't done it yourself in the pack.
As a Side note.. Resurrection is the 1.7.10 version of Ultimate which had GT and was one of the most popular FTB packs, is it exactly the same? No...since many mods changed and some are unavailable. Ultimate was popular for a reason, this is still alpha and everything is not tweaked yet so sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

Ultimate was a far better beast IMO, the updated versions of a lot of those mods lost what made them so endearing in the first place at least at the current point in time.

I'd suggest moving over to Dark Trilogy if you want something with a bit of both worlds, and a IMO better eye for balance than GT. Or if you aren't hung up on 7.10 TPPI was a grand pack featuring GT without it being too intrusive.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
It totally tells you in NEI that you need to compress it. If you search for compressor it shows a steam compressor which you can build, also NEI has recipes for small coal boiler and small steam pipes. Read the darn description for a modpack before you play it and report a bug that is a feature.
This. Ignore all the bashing/unbashing/etc above and this is the core of any issue here.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in this particular case there is a shortcut. Use a Blue Power alloy furnace to make your metal blocks. That should probably be nerfed at some point.

Oh, and to the people recommending the removal of GT from the pack I have to say you're not really thinking it through. Without GT there isn't any reason to pick this pack over any other tech pack and quite a few reasons to not pick it.