Version 1.4.5 FINAL - Mysterious Book O'Tech [1.6.4] {Tech/GregTech} {RPG} {HQM/Quest} {Hardcore}

cm97878

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I came off in the wrong way. I meant that to be more of a joking kinda go complain. :p Didn't mean any offense and I didn't want to make you feel like you where complaining. Sorry again if that came off the wrong way!
It's fine, don't worry :p

Cata3rd

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I came off in the wrong way. I meant that to be more of a joking kinda go complain. :p Didn't mean any offense and I didn't want to make you feel like you where complaining. Sorry again if that came off the wrong way!
So if we wanted to make a server...

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: Cata3rd

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
@Zodsmar I know your working on the 1.7 version of the pack but just wanted to point out that the railcraft metal posts required for the platforms and such cannot currently be crafted without the rolling machine.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
@Zodsmar I know your working on the 1.7 version of the pack but just wanted to point out that the railcraft metal posts required for the platforms and such cannot currently be crafted without the rolling machine.
Are the platforms needed for anything? Also I don't know if you care but the 1.7.10 development I am posting quite a bit about it on my twitter if your interest :p

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Are the platforms needed for anything? Also I don't know if you care but the 1.7.10 development I am posting quite a bit about it on my twitter if your interest :p
Just for building/aesthetics, nothing important. I am interested in 1.7.10 and am keeping tabs, thanks!

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
i added inventory tweaks and zans minimap. I hope my modpack is still canon. i know you didnt intend to remove it, and not saying you did, but it wasnt there.

Schurf

Jul 29, 2019
Liking the list. A 1.7.10 HQM pack with AE2 and Flaxbeard's steam mod thingy sounds good to me. I like that the list isn't too long. But do you have any thoughts on bringing Thaumcraft and bees to the list? And I'm curious about your thoughts on GregTech, which should be somewhat ready for 1.7.10 in not too long.
Most of all, I'm curious about what your main idea for the pack is. You have mentioned that you want to focus more on the MYSTERIOUS part of your pack, and of course that the TECH part was important, as well as a good background story. But it would be awesome to hear what your thoughts and goals are.

I will play your pack no matter where you go with it, cause the previous version was very well made. It was a sort of a 'learn to play gregtech' with a lot of original ideas, and a very clear progression. But it would be great to hear what your grand plan is

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Liking the list. A 1.7.10 HQM pack with AE2 and Flaxbeard's steam mod thingy sounds good to me. I like that the list isn't too long. But do you have any thoughts on bringing Thaumcraft and bees to the list? And I'm curious about your thoughts on GregTech, which should be somewhat ready for 1.7.10 in not too long.
Most of all, I'm curious about what your main idea for the pack is. You have mentioned that you want to focus more on the MYSTERIOUS part of your pack, and of course that the TECH part was important, as well as a good background story. But it would be awesome to hear what your thoughts and goals are.

I will play your pack no matter where you go with it, cause the previous version was very well made. It was a sort of a 'learn to play gregtech' with a lot of original ideas, and a very clear progression. But it would be great to hear what your grand plan is

I thought about bringing thaumcraft or some form of magic mod to the pack its just I haven't decided yet for sure if I will and which one. The reason why I am hesitant to add it is because I am not sure how I would really incorporate it and also if it would make the mod list too big and to out there. The issue I had before with the 1.6.4 version is that there where to many mods to handle and it was a big cluster of just everything. Also one of my issues was that there was too much of the same functionality, To many different pipes and machines that did the same thing. 1.7.10 has no same functionality at all. As for bees, that would involve me to have to add forestry and for that reason I probably will not add it. (Still thinking tho) GregTech is something that I really did want to do yes however when I started this pack it was not yet ready for 1.7.10 and therefore I had to think of a different idea. Also GregTech doesn't work well with Minetweaker so removing and adding recipes was such a pain that it was almost not even worth the time. I am however thinking of releasing 2 packs. One which will be almost Identical to the 1.6.4 pack with gregtech and all the beautiful mods it had. But that will not be until I have the new 1.7.10 pack out and pretty much stable (Hopefully it will be stable when I initially release)

The main idea for the pack is based around a character finding the book (HQM) and inside is a whole questline following this with the other character being the teacher and so on and it explains everything that the mods do. This pack will not be as strict on tinkers construct like the other one was. Meaning starting of with vanilla tools is totally fine. Actually I'm not even entirely sure yet if I will be even including tinkers in the main questline. We will see. Tech is very important to me and the mod revolves around Ender IO for tech and machines more than anything. This modpack once released will already have the main storyline included. And will be completely ready. I will not be making the mistake I made before with leaving the storyline for after (That really backfired on me). As for thoughts and goals, my goal with this pack is to give the players a balanced and fun way to play MC but with not to many restrictions on getting started. The main idea really behind this pack is take what you learn from the book and expand on it. (I mean expand because the amount of possibilities this pack adds is ridiculous) Since this pack has a much smaller mod list, the point is to explore every mod to its full capacity. Also this modpack has one energy system and that is RF (which is another reason I don't wanna add forestry, it runs of MJ) Overall tho my grand plan for this pack is to be a step up from the first one. And actually have a better progression system then before with less restrictions :D

If you have any more questions please ask. I love hearing them and answering :D

Schurf

Jul 29, 2019
Focusing on Ender IO sounds interesting. Almost every single modpack has it, but no one really does much with it.
As for the use of Tinkers Construct, I guess I have two different feelings. It did bring a charm to your 1.6.4 pack, but playing a HQM pack without so much constrictions would be great. Honestly, to me, losing the whole TiC thing wouldn't be a bad idea at all if it isn't modified. Never understood why it's so important. It just gives tools that any other mod can give you, with minimal of progression. Everything in TiC can be gotten early game, and everyone gets the smelter because it's easy. But maybe that's just my opinion

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Focusing on Ender IO sounds interesting. Almost every single modpack has it, but no one really does much with it.
As for the use of Tinkers Construct, I guess I have two different feelings. It did bring a charm to your 1.6.4 pack, but playing a HQM pack without so much constrictions would be great. Honestly, to me, losing the whole TiC thing wouldn't be a bad idea at all if it isn't modified. Never understood why it's so important. It just gives tools that any other mod can give you, with minimal of progression. Everything in TiC can be gotten early game, and everyone gets the smelter because it's easy. But maybe that's just my opinion
TiC Mind you is still inside of the game and will not be removed. For me tho TiC has always been more of a if you want to go that root for tools then so be it but otherwise just leave it right. Also I may still make that as a questline where you need to TiC I havent decide yet we will see.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
News on the 1.7.10 release:
At this point I am very happy with what I have already. It is very stable and nice. Also the HQM questline is also coming together very very nicely. However, (there is always a however sadly) the modpack has one major flaw. There is a memory leak somewhere in the modpack which I am unable to track down. I have spent hours already. What makes it so weird is that it is only on one of my world really bad. My creative world has the leak but very weak and slow it is hardly an issue. But my survival world will get up to over 4 million memory in less than 20 minutes. I have tested by making a new world and it seems to not have the issue. What I fear tho is that one of the mods block is what is causing it. A block that I have in my survival that I do not have placed in my creative. If that is the case then it still comes down to square one and where the F is this leak. Until I can either find the leak and fix it or determine that it is only that world thing (maybe the world got corrupt) I WILL NOT be releasing 1.7.10. I will not because I don't want to have this big of an issue outstanding especially because of the amount of time that went into making all the mods world perfectly together and the questline working so nicely. It would be like giving someone a piece of cake that has poison on the inside. The outside is so well done but the inside is like die (literally MC will die :p)

If people however do wanna test this and help me find this bug then please PM me and I can send you the link to download the pack. Help would really be appreciated!

1.7.10 Help:
The one thing that is still out standing for this pack is the textures. I really wanna make the textures something amazing apposed to last time! So if someone could help me by making textures then that would be greatly appreciated. If you personally are incapable of making textures then please let me know of anyone that does make textures because I really need some professionally done textures (if you are not a professional and still wanna try to help make textures please try and send it to me by PM)

Thank you for taking the time to read,

Zodsmar

Bubbleo

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is doing my head in if it aint hard enough with GT in it you decided to throw in Iguana Tweaks for shits and giggles you evil person I love how you think :p

Only thing frustrating me is that you cant turn blocks of metals, lapis and redstone into ingots and single pieces of redstone etc

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is doing my head in if it aint hard enough with GT in it you decided to throw in Iguana Tweaks for shits and giggles you evil person I love how you think :p

Only thing frustrating me is that you cant turn blocks of metals, lapis and redstone into ingots and single pieces of redstone etc
You can but you need a macerator :p And I love the way I think too :D

Minecraftguy1425

Jul 29, 2019
I am not able to play this, guess it's because I have a linux:
(I guess I should say, by not being able to play I mean it crashes right before you get past the mojang screen)

Attachments

• crash-2014-09-01_02.13.15-client.txt
    23.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited: