Version 1.4.5 FINAL - Mysterious Book O'Tech [1.6.4] {Tech/GregTech} {RPG} {HQM/Quest} {Hardcore}

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is not getting enough attention. My friends and I are having fun with it on a private server. We're all progressing at our own rate but the quest book takes you through a good, realistic progression and combines iguana tweaks, tinkers and gregtech into a fun pack. The infernal mobs are to be feared, though. Bring on the bronze age!

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
I wish there was some videos for this ;-; (I found some in a different language tho ;-; )
Yeah I do too! I would watch them :D
Ah you gotta love linux it's good unless you want to do something fun lol
Its just like Mac.... :p[DOUBLEPOST=1409688793][/DOUBLEPOST]
This pack is not getting enough attention. My friends and I are having fun with it on a private server. We're all progressing at our own rate but the quest book takes you through a good, realistic progression and combines iguana tweaks, tinkers and gregtech into a fun pack. The infernal mobs are to be feared, though. Bring on the bronze age!
Glad your having fun, and I wish it got more attention also but alas it didn't!

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if people see the Version 1.4.5 and think it's on Minecraft v 1.4.5. This is a fun pack with nicely done quests.

xXSwiftFoxXx

Jul 29, 2019
you could probably edit the quest for the first GT tools and say how to get the plates for the files, after an hour, i finally figured it out ;-;

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
you could probably edit the quest for the first GT tools and say how to get the plates for the files, after an hour, i finally figured it out ;-;
Simply using NEI tho would have showed you that. Also I have stopped development for 1.6.4!

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
I love iguana tweaks. It, like gregtech, adds a really nice progression to the early game.
I do too. The only thing I already made all the quests and am at the point where I don't think I wanna have to re do the quests especially because I put a story in and all. And Im so far very happy with it. But I will make a decision depending on the poll results! However, it may delay the release just saying...

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I say get in hands, ESP when people are looking for 1.7.10 packs and not finding much with a theme. There's always later versions. Waiting for perfect can mean missing opportunity. And 5 other worn metaphors.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
YAY! A GT PACK!!!
I was using Serendipity Unlimited on technic (which has cropped up here too), but they removed GT when they hopped over to 1.7.x :(
The bronze machines are a little annoying, but in a way GT is encouraging you to go out and do some friggin' diggin' instead of inheriting stiff leg syndrome sitting in your base doing nothing, apart finding / building more places to stash your loot so you can go out and gather more junk that you'll never use! *cough* Thermal Expansion *cough*

Edit: What are your plans for 1.7.x? just out of curiosity, i had to visit the thread cause of the mention of GT anyway.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
YAY! A GT PACK!!!
I was using Serendipity Unlimited on technic (which has cropped up here too), but they removed GT when they hopped over to 1.7.x :(
The bronze machines are a little annoying, but in a way GT is encouraging you to go out and do some friggin' diggin' instead of inheriting stiff leg syndrome sitting in your base doing nothing, apart finding / building more places to stash your loot so you can go out and gather more junk that you'll never use! *cough* Thermal Expansion *cough*

Edit: What are your plans for 1.7.x? just out of curiosity, i had to visit the thread cause of the mention of GT anyway.

My plans for 1.7.10 are still in the works. I have built a 1.7.10 modpack which is basically ready to go. I have almost one of the Quest Sets complete. And the mod list and everything has been finalized and perms are done and everything. Technically I could "ship it today" and get it put onto the launcher with in the week. However, I havent had much time to work on it and everytime I get around to it, I work on it for like a week then get busy again. For this reason I haven't actually put it up yet. If you are curious and do wanna look at the mod list and everything I have decided to provide links to everything I have saved up in terms of files. I have put everything I have done into doc files and layouts and everything on google drive. Here are the links ( I have enabled commenting so if you wanna comment or fix grammar mistakes you can) The grammar mistakes areabout the story I have created a full fledged story this time so enjoy everyone.

Links:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-9DLQeXfClhNOVQjBqvDydCnDO4dHg6ZpWvuH0NoEjI/edit?usp=sharing (StoryLine)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11cOAOmmQogJqLFfTpmzg2o7WNSTqHotszhDhKsNRKoA/edit?usp=sharing (ModList)
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1XjvSMPUXR1Oo-0rFcpWhqT7WU1A9sIAc-Wx4jWAEYpw/edit?usp=sharing (HQM Book Layout)

Also feel free to follow me on twitter :) @Zodsmar

Nabjab

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any feedback?

Hi, Awesome pack so far, been playing it for a week now, here are some issues that i think need to be "nerfed" or at least balanced:

1) The Ender Quarry from Extra Utilities is MUCH cheaper than the Buildcraft Quarry which is nerfed by gregtech, i think the recipe needs changing to delay the automated mining like Greg intended to...
2) The Dungeons from Chocolate Quest have mobs with diamond armor, those mobs can be captured with reusable safari nets, they have a chance of dropping diamonds when killed, this makes it easy to farm diamonds using MFR once you start generating mob essence using the cursed dirt from Extra utilites :/
3) The Quartz Pickaxe from AE has the mining level of the vanilla iron pickaxe and a good durability, so does some other tools that i ddnt check yet, this makes you skip like 5 of the iguana tweak mining levels and kinda makes the modpack easier than intended!
4) The Casting Basin in the Ticon Smeltry makes it easy to get ore blocks instead of using the GT compressor thus making the Tech progression ALOT easier ( http://imgur.com/a/UlMmF this is my current progression, and as u can see i`ve got quite far in ore processing thx to those lava generators from extra utils, they need iron blocks, without the smeltry`s casting basin, it would have been a BIT harder to make them which would have, imo, made the pack a bit more entertaining, after all people looking for GT modpacks are looking for hard and slow progression! )

I havent started the thaumcraft route yet, but i`ll make a new world and go for early game magic, let me know if you still intend to put up updates for that pack to let you know of any balance issues (if you are planning on balancing the pack or updating it to 1.7.10)

Overall I think this is an amazing modpack and I would like for giving me a week of entertainment after modded MC became so dull to me! And still more hours to come!

*Diamond*

Cheers
Nab

Last edited: