Version 1.4.5 FINAL - Mysterious Book O'Tech [1.6.4] {Tech/GregTech} {RPG} {HQM/Quest} {Hardcore}

ulgrath

Jul 29, 2019
@whrum careful the wither is no pushover
@Zodsmar when i got the bottle of enchanting i tried to put it into my me box by shift clicking it would not go in there. so i figured i would just throw it and get the xp and get it out of my inventory and it gave me xp but would not leave my inventory just kept exploding and giving me xp. so thought I was nuts I went to toss the bottle to my wife and it disappeared as soon as it left my inventory.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
@whrum careful the wither is no pushover
@Zodsmar when i got the bottle of enchanting i tried to put it into my me box by shift clicking it would not go in there. so i figured i would just throw it and get the xp and get it out of my inventory and it gave me xp but would not leave my inventory just kept exploding and giving me xp. so thought I was nuts I went to toss the bottle to my wife and it disappeared as soon as it left my inventory.
Could this have been a one time thing? Or did you do it more than once?

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Okay cause then I am unable to recreate the bug I have tried many different ways. If you happen to create it again please let me know. Otherwise I will assume this is a one time thing. Thanks for the quick reply time btw

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
No problem glad to help. if it happens again I will copy the save file to send your way.
Sweet thanks!

Also (this is for everyone) I have spent the last little bit reworking the pickaxe quests in the first questline so now instead of getting a new pick each time, it goes the direction of upgrading an already existing pickaxe. So TiCTweaks is actually being used now :D

Whurm

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just meant it's in NEI but wouldn't let me create the star. I know how to kill the Wither but thanks ;)
Reason I was wondering how to create it is you can in other mods to use in the nether generator.

Okay I don't want to seem rude or anything, but HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED MINECRAFT? Cause nether stars are gotten from killing the wither. You cannot craft them no. Now if you don't know what the wither is then I will help you and tell you that it is a boss in minecraft and the way to spawn him is by putting 3 wither skeleton skulls on 4 pieces of soul sand in this order:

DDD
XXX
_X_

D = Wither Skeleton Skull
X = Soul Sand
_ = Air
Once you do this and kill it you will get a nether star. Once you have it place it on an ardite pickaxe and tadda!
(Sorry if my response is kinda mean but like just ya... No words)

ulgrath

Jul 29, 2019
@Whurm there is a recipe in NEI that works in creative only. However it is possible to craft one in survival using the molecular converter thingy but it cost like 12m energy units and a wither skull and by that time you are probably got more then the cobalt pick.

thaumcraft has an exchange wand that works to get cobalt or you can do a quarry in the nether to get cobalt both ways are easier then fighting a wither in my opinion :)

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
@Whurm there is a recipe in NEI that works in creative only. However it is possible to craft one in survival using the molecular converter thingy but it cost like 12m energy units and a wither skull and by that time you are probably got more then the cobalt pick.

thaumcraft has an exchange wand that works to get cobalt or you can do a quarry in the nether to get cobalt both ways are easier then fighting a wither in my opinion :)
Ya the Thaumcraft wand focus is cheap :p and so is the quarry. The Ender-Quarry I already made it need cobalt to make and I am looking into a way to make the wand focus require cobalt to craft or make it not work on cobalt or something. I am trying to remove exploits. For example I am in the process of making steel not exploitable. Cause right now there is a few ways to get it a lot easier. :p so exploits are slowly Getting removed.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Are you freaking kidding me. COMMON why does making sure cobalt isn't exploitable so hard like rage. :D
How is getting cobalt from copper and nickel an exploit? The infrastructure you have to build to make it a viable source is significant. Building technical infrastructure is what I thought the point of this pack was.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
How is getting cobalt from copper and nickel an exploit? The infrastructure you have to build to make it a viable source is significant. Building technical infrastructure is what I thought the point of this pack was.
I realized this because when I said this earlier today I never actually looked at how much cobalt you got from it. You get a lot less than I thought and for this reason I am not gonna take it out of the modpack! Also you are correct in saying that the pack is for technical infrastructure. So ya I am not removing it and also its not an exploit :p

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I realized this because when I said this earlier today I never actually looked at how much cobalt you got from it. You get a lot less than I thought and for this reason I am not gonna take it out of the modpack! Also you are correct in saying that the pack is for technical infrastructure. So ya I am not removing it and also its not an exploit :p
Awesome, I was going to say I think GT does a pretty good job making things difficult, but still attainable.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I going to recommend trying to disable thaumcraft dungeons. Spawned near one and have been catapulted over most iguana requirements to the point where I am trying to do quests that are beneath my current level.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
I going to recommend trying to disable thaumcraft dungeons. Spawned near one and have been catapulted over most iguana requirements to the point where I am trying to do quests that are beneath my current level.
Ya I have found this issue with not just thaumcraft dungeons. What I need to do is remove all dungeon loot and then set custom dungeon loot for everything to make sure to not have this problem. However, that isn't a top priority right now. I will do that soon however tho! For now I will look into disabling the thaumcraft dungeons! (And the reason I say all dungeon loot is because look at the twilight forest :p)

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
I just added the TooMuch Loot mod which adds beautiful config for all dungeon loot and I just removed any ingots or pickaxe spawns (Ingots that can be used to make a higher tier pick) and also diamonds. This way these is no way of advancing with out the proper materials and dungeon chests won't work! :D