Version 1.4.5 FINAL - Mysterious Book O'Tech [1.6.4] {Tech/GregTech} {RPG} {HQM/Quest} {Hardcore}

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up to you all, using Melee Turtles for killing mobs WILL crash you if they hit a mob with one of most Infernal Modifiers (like Gravity, Darkness, Fiery, etc.). I've disabled Infernal modifiers on Endermen for now since that's what I'm using the Melee Turtle for, but I'll be reporting this bug to the mod authors and seeing if there will be a fix for 1.6.4 or if that will be in 1.7.2

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Wait a minute, why does the quest for Translocators in the Storaging questline use a Magic Bees Diamond Shard instead of a Translocator Diamond Nugget?

Also, there's a pretty major memory leak somewhere. This is just an hour of playing.
8704f3cd41.png

Last edited:

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Wait a minute, why does the quest for Translocators in the Storaging questline use a Magic Bees Diamond Shard instead of a Translocator Diamond Nugget?

Also, there's a pretty major memory leak somewhere. This is just an hour of playing.
8704f3cd41.png
Ya the diamond nugget I made a mistake with that and it will be fixed for the next update. Also I am aware there is a leak some where however trying to isolate it is a bitch. If you have any suggests about how to isolate it or even know potential what could be causing it shoot! :p

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
no go on the ardite pick with a nether skele head I could use the ender quarry to mine a few blocks of cobalt and then smelt it to mine more but seems like a pain
To get an ardite pick to be cobalt minable it requires a nether star instead of a mob head. Cobalt is suppose to be hard to get :p

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Ya the diamond nugget I made a mistake with that and it will be fixed for the next update. Also I am aware there is a leak some where however trying to isolate it is a bitch. If you have any suggests about how to isolate it or even know potential what could be causing it shoot! :p

Not sure if this would work, but looks like it'd be worth giving it a try. http://www.eclipse.org/mat/

Not really familiar with coding that much so I don't know if you can just run it on a program or need to compile and run your own with it.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got any ideas to help find the turnip? I have only found a handful of the koru plants in all of my swamp area and they were tainted. Apparently bonemealing in the swamp doesn't spawn them.

Schurf

Jul 29, 2019
Ahoy there. Found this pack a few days ago, and I'm completely hooked now. I really liked the 'stone-age' progression needed before even being able to start the gregtech bronze age. At first I was a bit skeptical about having to get the heads of different kinds of creatures, but it encouraged me to leave my base a lot more, which is a nice thing. I wouldn't mind a bunch more exploration-based quests.

Some feedback: I have found a few bugs so far. Nothing big, but somewhat annoying. You might already be aware of them:
-If I craft things using GregTech's Bronze Workbench, they won't register in the quest book for the various crafting quests.
-Items crafted using the Assembling Machine won't register in the book (like the Steam Upgrade required for the quest Power Gen).
-In the quest 'Basic Machines' you have to craft a Generator, BatBox and Plate Bending Machine, and then hand them in for the quest, but you don't get them back.
-I don't know if I've just been extremely unlucky, but 9/10 quest rewards have been absurdly shit ;o Tired of getting coal, sticks, mud and stone shards

Some personal opinions:
-Bee/Gendustry quests!!
-You should consider disabling the option of crafting RailCraft's Rolling Machine.
-Twilight Forest quests.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Ahoy there. Found this pack a few days ago, and I'm completely hooked now. I really liked the 'stone-age' progression needed before even being able to start the gregtech bronze age. At first I was a bit skeptical about having to get the heads of different kinds of creatures, but it encouraged me to leave my base a lot more, which is a nice thing. I wouldn't mind a bunch more exploration-based quests.

Some feedback: I have found a few bugs so far. Nothing big, but somewhat annoying. You might already be aware of them:
-If I craft things using GregTech's Bronze Workbench, they won't register in the quest book for the various crafting quests.
-Items crafted using the Assembling Machine won't register in the book (like the Steam Upgrade required for the quest Power Gen).
-In the quest 'Basic Machines' you have to craft a Generator, BatBox and Plate Bending Machine, and then hand them in for the quest, but you don't get them back.
-I don't know if I've just been extremely unlucky, but 9/10 quest rewards have been absurdly shit ;o Tired of getting coal, sticks, mud and stone shards

Some personal opinions:
-Bee/Gendustry quests!!
-You should consider disabling the option of crafting RailCraft's Rolling Machine.
-Twilight Forest quests.
Glad you are enjoying it :p As for the feedback the bronze workbench I am aware of and for this reason I am changing the quests from crafting to detection for now. I am also aware of the assembly machine and that is also gonna be fixed by detection. I was unaware that you don't get the generator, batbox and plate bending machine. Gonna fix that. Sorry.

The reward bags I am fixing and adding limited to how many times you can get certain rewards to prevent this. I never thought about disabling the rolling machine but now that I do you are correct and I will do that so thanks. I do wanna add more quests and I definitely wanna add exploration quests however at the moment I wanna first get the overall quest progression done and make sure that it is good. Once I have all the quests working and making sense. Then I will start to work on more quests like that.

A good example of what I have to fix is the pickaxe quests because it has come to my attention more then once that always giving new picks basically makes tic tweaks semi useless. Well at least the upgrade part of it. So I need to change that and same with the obsidian pick. Alumite is much better and makes more sense. Things like this I need to change first before I start to work on adding even more quests right. But thanks for all the feedback and I will definitely keep it in mind. Also if you have anymore would love to hear it and that goes for everyone :D

ulgrath

Jul 29, 2019
@Zodsmar @Zero5211 I think the leak is within chicken chunks not 100% sure but are you using a chunk loader from chicken chunks?

also a few items of not for you zodsmar
1. time for enchanting quest takes items but gives you nothing in return
2. suit up quest does not take items and gives you a copy of each item back
3. yea dont need to worry about a nether star with the trade wand man that makes getting almost anything easy.

still enjoying the pack though greg tech may be a bit too much for me seems like we have taken a simple task and turning it into a 5 step process much easier now that I have my me-crafter up and running but still just might not be my cup o tea.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
@Zodsmar @Zero5211 I think the leak is within chicken chunks not 100% sure but are you using a chunk loader from chicken chunks?

also a few items of not for you zodsmar
1. time for enchanting quest takes items but gives you nothing in return
2. suit up quest does not take items and gives you a copy of each item back
3. yea dont need to worry about a nether star with the trade wand man that makes getting almost anything easy.

still enjoying the pack though greg tech may be a bit too much for me seems like we have taken a simple task and turning it into a 5 step process much easier now that I have my me-crafter up and running but still just might not be my cup o tea.
Thanks gonna fix these bugs!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Try removing the loader and see if you still have the issue.
So i did this. before I removed my Chicken Chunks' Chunk Loader I ran through 2 games. I have minecraft set to 2GB and after an hour both times I hit 8gb usage on the javaw process for minecraft. I removed the Chicken Chunks' Chunk Loader and replaced it with a Railcraft world anchor and ran the same test 2 times except it took nearly 2 hours before hitting the 8gb mark each time.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
So i did this. before I removed my Chicken Chunks' Chunk Loader I ran through 2 games. I have minecraft set to 2GB and after an hour both times I hit 8gb usage on the javaw process for minecraft. I removed the Chicken Chunks' Chunk Loader and replaced it with a Railcraft world anchor and ran the same test 2 times except it took nearly 2 hours before hitting the 8gb mark each time.
Ok so it something with chunk loaders.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so it something with chunk loaders.
Well, I'm unsure about that. The chunk loaders only keep the chunks active if I'm not around. I'm running the world on a separate server and it doesn't seem to suffer from memory issues. Only my client sees the memory steadily climb and max out after a playing for a while (~1-2 hours). Also, this occurs if I just idle in my house or I actively play, jumping around from the overworld, nether, end it doesn't seem to have an impact. It's just a steady climb on the client side until it max's out my physical memory.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 1.4.2 and the electric crafting table seems broken? Haven't found a crafting recipe it recognizes yet.

Also, I removed all chunk loading blocks from world and still see the client side ram climb to max.

Last edited: