Version 1.4.5 FINAL - Mysterious Book O'Tech [1.6.4] {Tech/GregTech} {RPG} {HQM/Quest} {Hardcore}

ulgrath

Jul 29, 2019
no go on the ardite pick with a nether skele head I could use the ender quarry to mine a few blocks of cobalt and then smelt it to mine more but seems like a pain

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
no go on the ardite pick with a nether skele head I could use the ender quarry to mine a few blocks of cobalt and then smelt it to mine more but seems like a pain
I use an equal trade focus for things that are hard/impossible to mine.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions on a cheaper fertilizer for the cropmatron? Or maybe a faster way to make apatite dust than in the auto macerator? That thing is SOO slow. I'm currently using apatite dust + dark ashes in the chemical reactor for the fertilizer..

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Electrolyze 3 bonemeal in an Industrial Electrolyzer for Calcite, get Sulfur from Nether Sulfur Ore (24 apiece!), mix together in Chemical Reactor for 3 Industrial Fertilizer.

ulgrath

Jul 29, 2019
@Jeridan you are correct the wand is much better I also got cobalt from grinding then washing copper not sure if that is intended.

@Zodsmar just a heads up time for enchanting has no rewards (may be intended not sure)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I disabled Zan's and had to modify the config to get mapwriter to show again but mine shows the explored area as it always has. I prefer mapwriter for it's opis intergration.

On the question of power, I am using a railcraft solid fuel steam boiler with 12 steam dynamo's directly on one side and steam turbine on another. Haven't had any power issues thus far.
http://imgur.com/XU49Wlp

I also have a spawning room setup, it's 5x10 with 2 MFR grinders on one side. It has an auto-spawner offset to the back and the floor is cursed earth. I have 2 lights in the center of each 5x5 and thus can disable spawns at will. At the end I have a thaumic tinkerer corporeal attractor underneath the floor, and an AA with a scythe for when I want heads, etc.
http://imgur.com/WKU6rEM

I've been thinking since I have huge surplus of power on RF side with no end in sight, I'll create lava fabricators and am working towards making GT generator that runs on lava. win win.

Btw, my spawning room design has netted me more than enough anything I could ever want. finally can spawn ghasts if I so desire. But, I learned one thing. Even w/the enabling/disabling of the cursed earth, I think when it was extended, it was spreading to neighboring dirt, so I came back to look at it and I had speedy creepers all over the place and looked behind the spawner building and noticed cursed earth everywhere and a couple out of control fires so yeah, had to go around and stone everything. Otherwise, I leave it in cursed earth and it fills up 20 hardened tanks with essence in about 30 minutes and I can turn spawner on, rinse repeat.

Where do you find nickel/ferrous? I'm usually swimming in it but I haven't found a single one and I need invar plates for the lava generator on GT's side. Is this GT thing or ? I have a bunch of nether ores that I haven't looked through. I checked the COFH config dir for world gen and it says y 5-20 and I've been searching on or about there for last hour or so. I've found 2 iridiums so far but zero nickel/ferrous. RNG bad luck?[DOUBLEPOST=1405316994][/DOUBLEPOST]
Any suggestions on a cheaper fertilizer for the cropmatron? Or maybe a faster way to make apatite dust than in the auto macerator? That thing is SOO slow. I'm currently using apatite dust + dark ashes in the chemical reactor for the fertilizer..

if you can, mfr laser has a focus that focuses on apatite. blue I think which also brings in cobalt.

Last edited:

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't find any Nickel Ores either. Just Pulverize Iron Ore for Ferrous Metal, and cook it in the smeltery or steam smelter for Invar.

And I beat my first large Chocolate Quest dungeon! It was a Walker castle. The boss was kinda hard to kill since he would always hurt me when I hurt him, had to use at least 10 of those potions. Sadly, an Infernal Mob with Storm was nearby when I killed him and I only got the sword and boots since a lightning strike took out the other drops.

Oh, found a way to obtain Cobalt for cheap. Terrain Smasher can break it, so once you get your Ardite Pick, just make one of those. Or you can be a cheaty scumbag and rush it early to skip progression.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I couldn't find any Nickel Ores either. Just Pulverize Iron Ore for Ferrous Metal, and cook it in the smeltery or steam smelter for Invar.

And I beat my first large Chocolate Quest dungeon! It was a Walker castle. The boss was kinda hard to kill since he would always hurt me when I hurt him, had to use at least 10 of those potions. Sadly, an Infernal Mob with Storm was nearby when I killed him and I only got the sword and boots since a lightning strike took out the other drops.

Oh, found a way to obtain Cobalt for cheap. Terrain Smasher can break it, so once you get your Ardite Pick, just make one of those. Or you can be a cheaty scumbag and rush it early to skip progression.

that's how I got my first 2 stacks of nickel but I was looking for a better way. I did go back to base and looked through my loot from nether mining, etc.. I had 7 nether ferrous so yeah, nether has it. I got lucky too at the start, found 2 villages, both had chests that had mfr stf in it, among them a bunch of plastic sheets and now I'm out and yeah, I'm bummed. :( I'm glad they put the chocolate dungeons in, as poster above said, it's good to take a break and just go kill some things tho the 3 times I died were from same set of zombie pigmen in nether choco village. so far I've beaten 2 of those zombie pigmen and one castle with a necromancer(?) in it which took me alot longer to do. it was huge and I think the skeletons were mating since I'd spy on them and they'd all have hearts over there heads in a group like when you feed animals. zombies /skels breeding. what's next. oh wait, so THATS how the baby zombies come.... I've just finished my AE system and 2 stacks of storage busses to support all the chests of loot I'm getting from the monster trap/spawner and raids I've gone on. I won't be making armor anytime soon.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
ok, I found a new castle and outside was this guy:
Rare Innerly Peaceful Gremlin the Cancerous
where is my 10 foot pole?
Hahaha hahaha. Lol

Nickel ore doesn't spawn however, ferrous ore does spawn. (This however tho was when I first made the modpack I found it. By mistake I may have done something to the configuration so I'll look into it) also time to make the terrain smasher harder to craft. (Example make it include cobalt)

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Electrolyze 3 bonemeal in an Industrial Electrolyzer for Calcite, get Sulfur from Nether Sulfur Ore (24 apiece!), mix together in Chemical Reactor for 3 Industrial Fertilizer.
Yea, I ran out of dark ashes so started using sulphur and apatite dust. About out of apatite so I will use the bones next. Thanks for the info.[DOUBLEPOST=1405363674][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hahaha hahaha. Lol

Nickel ore doesn't spawn however, ferrous ore does spawn. (This however tho was when I first made the modpack I found it. By mistake I may have done something to the configuration so I'll look into it) also time to make the terrain smasher harder to craft. (Example make it include cobalt)
I could almost swear I found an insanely large vein of GT nickel ore. I will have to look again when I get back on.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I ran out of dark ashes so started using sulphur and apatite dust. About out of apatite so I will use the bones next. Thanks for the info.[DOUBLEPOST=1405363674][/DOUBLEPOST]
I could almost swear I found an insanely large vein of GT nickel ore. I will have to look again when I get back on.
Well if you did find an ore vein then that's fantastic. Because I thought only one would spawn and since I found ferrous. If you found it tho than that would be fantastic :D[DOUBLEPOST=1405364308][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wither down! Flying is nice. I almost forgot why I killed him in the first place.
Your lucky also I wanted to remove flying all together so it may be gone so enjoy it well you can :p

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you did find an ore vein then that's fantastic. Because I thought only one would spawn and since I found ferrous. If you found it tho than that would be fantastic :D[DOUBLEPOST=1405364308][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your lucky also I wanted to remove flying all together so it may be gone so enjoy it well you can :p
Yep, I found a GT nickel ore vein in extreme hills that yielded nearly a stack of ore.

So, no IC2 jetpacks or thaumostatic harness'?

ulgrath

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack so far wife and I thought we would post pics of where we were at

2014-07-15_09.41.26.png

inside the crafting hall (incomplete)
2014-07-15_09.42.02.png

magic room
2014-07-15_09.42.30.png

smeltery
2014-07-15_09.43.07.png

had my machines blow up once that wont happen again (inefficient but effective)
2014-07-15_09.44.42.png

place is surrounded by quicksand its fun at night all you hear is suffocating mobs
2014-07-15_09.45.19.png

and the infusion table

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack so far wife and I thought we would post pics of where we were at

2014-07-15_09.41.26.png

inside the crafting hall (incomplete)
2014-07-15_09.42.02.png

magic room
2014-07-15_09.42.30.png

smeltery
2014-07-15_09.43.07.png

had my machines blow up once that wont happen again (inefficient but effective)
2014-07-15_09.44.42.png

place is surrounded by quicksand its fun at night all you hear is suffocating mobs
2014-07-15_09.45.19.png

and the infusion table
OMG that looks amazing. I love the use of the marble bricks. (Marble is one of my most favourite decoration block :D) looks like you guys are having lots of fun. I am very happy to see people are enjoying the pack this much. Thank you. Just thank you <3