Vanilla+ - Press Release

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Wait, you saying that on Vanilla theres no machines that mine for us, no double ores, no crossbreeding plants, no energy?! How is that even possible!? :eek:

Actually, Agricraft is one of the first mods listed and Pam's harvestcraft is in the list, so there's plenty of botanical diversity in the pack. There will probably be fewer plants to try and breed due to the source mod not being included, but unless cross-breeding has been completely configured out...

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, you saying that on Vanilla theres no machines that mine for us, no double ores, no crossbreeding plants, no energy?! How is that even possible!? :eek:
NO ORE DOUBLING! WHAT WILL WE DO!
... I remember when 1.7 first came out, nothing updated for 3 months, except TMI (despite MCP still being broken; that's black magic). I went through mod withdrawals and eventually installed TMI, despite the fact that I didn't have any use for it. :p

CuteTurret

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, Agricraft is one of the first mods listed and Pam's harvestcraft is in the list, so there's plenty of botanical diversity in the pack. There will probably be fewer plants to try and breed due to the source mod not being included, but unless cross-breeding has been completely configured out...

Actually I was talking about the more op parts of crossbreeding, you know, those that you use to get iron and copper and oil, I should have been more clear about it =s

WalterWeight

Jul 29, 2019
I've just built this pack on the curse voice client (obviously without the custom configs that will be in the pack) just to get a bit of a feel for what it will be like, and personally, I've got to say, I'm not a fan of the BattleGear 2 mod. It's too non-vanilla for my liking and doesn't really fit with the theme of the pack. If I had to pick one mod to be removed, that would be it. Otherwise, can't wait to play this.

Edit: I know people are likely to say that many parts of this mod will appear in vanilla 1.9, but TBH the changes I've seen so far with 1.9 vanilla will probably stop me returning to vanilla ever again. Each to their own I guess :)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I've just built this pack on the curse voice client (obviously without the custom configs that will be in the pack) just to get a bit of a feel for what it will be like, and personally, I've got to say, I'm not a fan of the BattleGear 2 mod. It's too non-vanilla for my liking and doesn't really fit with the theme of the pack. If I had to pick one mod to be removed, that would be it. Otherwise, can't wait to play this.

Edit: I know people are likely to say that many parts of this mod will appear in vanilla 1.9, but TBH the changes I've seen so far with 1.9 vanilla will probably stop me returning to vanilla ever again. Each to their own I guess :)
I've played with Battlegear and it seemed vanill-y to me. :p Like you said, though, to each his (or her) own. :)

Reactions: 1SDAN and Crhymez

ShadowFangOTP

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to add all the Tinkers construct mods (including TMechworks, you know, for the castles :p) as disabled by default but still modified to work with everything else so that we (or just me) can use them for aforementioned castle building/medieval environments.
'cause castles are cool.
Other Suggestions:
  • MC Comes Alive or similar.
  • Better Than Wolves or similar.
  • Removing the squidwards if MCCA is enabled (see point one).
  • Tweaks so that they don't cause problems/are balanced.
  • Maybe some village generation tweaks to make the above mods feel more integrated.
  • Hardcore Questing mod would be awesome, with quests aimed at learning the botania and other content adding mods.
  • Alternatively, making a modpack that includes all medieval-like mods (though some simple magic mods would do well in said pack, along with some various dimension-adding mods like mystcraft and twilight forest).

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to add all the Tinkers construct mods (including TMechworks, you know, for the castles :p) as disabled by default but still modified to work with everything else so that we (or just me) can use them for aforementioned castle building/medieval environments.
'cause castles are cool.
Other Suggestions:
  • MC Comes Alive or similar.
  • Better Than Wolves or similar.
  • Removing the squidwards if MCCA is enabled (see point one).
  • Tweaks so that they don't cause problems/are balanced.
  • Maybe some village generation tweaks to make the above mods feel more integrated.
  • Hardcore Questing mod would be awesome, with quests aimed at learning the botania and other content adding mods.
  • Alternatively, making a modpack that includes all medieval-like mods (though some simple magic mods would do well in said pack, along with some various dimension-adding mods like mystcraft and twilight forest).
What you want just sounds like a medieval pack. I'll probably make one myself, but it'll be after I'm done developing my tech pack. :p

ShadowFangOTP

Jul 29, 2019
What you want just sounds like a medieval pack. I'll probably make one myself, but it'll be after I'm done developing my tech pack. :p
I'd do it myself, but i'm far too lazy. I'm happy being the consumer rather than the producer :p
Aaaaand the fact that I'd get frustrated and actually have to learn how to do more advanced things than altering ID's in the config (which is about as far as I've ventured haha).

Reactions: Type1Ninja

LegzDiamond

Jul 29, 2019
Please add t Construct and inguana tweaks and this pack is perfekt *.* ahh and iron chets for this pack please. An i love this pack this is very cool for my youtube Projekt Minecraft Future

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Please add t Construct and inguana tweaks and this pack is perfekt *.* ahh and iron chets for this pack please. An i love this pack this is very cool for my youtube Projekt Minecraft Future
There is already a mod where you can make your own custom size chests and backpacks.

As for Tinkers, they have stated why they will not be using it while streaming.
Mainly because it breaks the vanilla feel of mining and enchanting.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

LegzDiamond

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok :)

Oh yeah this is not so good right ok no tinkers ^^ sry for my englisch :/

What is whit ender storage ender chest and ender pouch ?? :).
And bioms o plenty or bioms xl ??

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
There is already a mod where you can make your own custom size chests and backpacks.

As for Tinkers, they have stated why they will not be using it while streaming.
Mainly because it breaks the vanilla feel of mining and enchanting.
Ah. As long as they give their rationale, I don't mind it's not being in the pack.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Don't you just love the way that some take a pack initially created by Slowpoke to amuse himself (according to his live twitch) and then proceed to tell FtB that they left out all the good mods that would make it just like every other pack in creation... Particularly when they haven't even had a chance to see if they like it yet? :D

I wonder how many are going to cram a bunch of other mods into the pack before even playing it once. We'll probably get an idea when the "Help me, I've managed to bork Vanilla+" posts start appearing :D

I'm going to give V+ a minimum one month play-test before I do anything, but it just may be a perfect base for me to use as a platform to create my first complex pack. I will give it a chance as is first.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Don't you just love the way that some take a pack initially created by Slowpoke to amuse himself (according to his live twitch) and then proceed to tell FtB that they left out all the good mods that would make it just like every other pack in creation... Particularly when they haven't even had a chance to see if they like it yet? :D

I wonder how many are going to cram a bunch of other mods into the pack before even playing it once. We'll probably get an idea when the "Help me, I've managed to bork Vanilla+" posts start appearing :D

I'm going to give V+ a minimum one month play-test before I do anything, but it just may be a perfect base for me to use as a platform to create my first complex pack. I will give it a chance as is first.
1qhP4Ah.gif

MinecraftingDAD

Jul 29, 2019
This is a much needed pack to fill in for those looking to get into modded Minecraft. Introducing all the beginner mods. It also will have decent server load etc. Good for servers looking to host 25+ players or to allow some people on marginal systems / laptops that cannot play the larger modpacks should be able to run this pack a little easier than the big packs.

Looking forward to doing some reviews and let's plays when its available. Good Work!

Reactions: tfox83