UU-Matter production thread

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
It is. And since I don't use UU-matter for anything but upgrading solars for charging certain tools, it's exactly enough for the job.
smart thinking, as of right now I have so much UU i don't even know what to do with it.

I started making half of it to copper/tin/gold !

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
making a 100% fully automated factory to feed just 1 mass fabricator...trying to get 2 going =)

photoalbum:
http://s653.photobucket.com/user/MaudDibb/library/feed the beast

this brings almost everything in ftb unleashed to play:

14 bee alvearys. 10 corroded, 3 radioactive and 1 tarnished bee to produce copper, uranium and tin. the chests you see in between the alvearies are used to 'link' the frame housing inventories, a factorization router feeds all those frame housings with impregnated frames, 18 per alveary. frames are produced via a mfr tree farm grinding up jungle trees, seed oil is provided by a forestry multifarm with a chestnut orchard, gathering chestnuts. not seen in the shots, but theres 2 turtles just under one of those chestnut trees bonemealing a leaf block above then, those produce a steady stream of chestnuts to feed 9 squeezers, which feed 3 carpenters building impregnated sticks for the frames. theres also analyzers on top of each alveary, so no 'unknown genome' on my bees =) since the mfr tree farm produces so much wood, i have sawmills grinding up the wood, feeding the planks and sawdust to the recyclers.

the 2 buildings on the sides of the alvearies are mob traps. one is actually 2 rooms with cursed earth to spawn mobs, grinders mashing them up. most of the mob drops are recycled except bone and string, and even then the excess is recycled as well.

the other side is 3 auto-spawners bringing in size 8 slimes. grinders pounding on them for massive amounts of slime balls, also recycled.

theres a cow pen above the alvearies, hooked up to a sewer/composter and a autocrafter, producing fertilizer for the multifarm

the rest of the mess above the alvearies produce the impregnated frames, centrifuges process the combs into metals, and several machines/autocrafters added to process tin/copper grains to ingots, which then get processed further into empty cells, dense copper plates, uranium cells and finally dual uranium cells. i have a few crafting turtles in play doing special processing to make scrap boxes and the dual uranium cells, as well as some autocrafters converting near depleted uranium cells to depleted isotope cells for the breeder reactor. some of the uu matter generated by the fabricator is taken to make coal, to be converted to coal dust for the recovery of depleted uranium into new ones.

Im using a reactor design from the ic2 forums, i have 12 pocket reactors putting out 180eu each in a 3 layer tower. above that is a breeder reactor with a turtle managing the insertion of depleted cells/removal of new ones and controls redstone signals to turn on/off the breeder. no automation yet on removing the spent uranium from the breeder, working on it =)

nearly everything not used is recycled via 18 recyclers, producing so much scrap that 1 fabricator cannot eat it fast enough. im tooling with the reactor to see if i can get 2 fabricators going at a decent enough rate.

overengineered some? i dunno, seemed like a cool way to use all those mods =)

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
steve: I recommend taking some of the frames out- you only need 6/7 per.

fusion reactors are tedious to automate... use AE or dedicate huge (only "large" amount of space with AE) chunk of space for the factory.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still working on getting 5 more platinum or 1 more iridium ore to make the matter fab. I'm running with GT in 1.5.2, and need 2 iridium plates to make it. I'm working on my distillation tower, and need a good source of iridium to make all the advanced casings. I've unlocked the gold and silver bees needed to get the platinum. Just working on breeding them. I've done a bit more mining as well, and haven't found any more ferrous ore. With the latest 1.5.2 GT, you can no longer feed a recycler anything cobble based. It won't generate any scrap. (No cobble, gravel, sand, levers, or the like.)

My entire base runs on steam or MJ directly, so I haven't had a need for a lot of EU infrastructure. Since I'm building all my EU setup specifically to feed the matter fab, any thoughts or ideas I should use to set this up? I have the resources for new multi-block GT turbines, and have about 200 methane cells and a bit over 1k scrap stockpiled at the moment with more on the way.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still working on getting 5 more platinum or 1 more iridium ore to make the matter fab. I'm running with GT in 1.5.2, and need 2 iridium plates to make it. I'm working on my distillation tower, and need a good source of iridium to make all the advanced casings. I've unlocked the gold and silver bees needed to get the platinum. Just working on breeding them. I've done a bit more mining as well, and haven't found any more ferrous ore. With the latest 1.5.2 GT, you can no longer feed a recycler anything cobble based. It won't generate any scrap. (No cobble, gravel, sand, levers, or the like.)

My entire base runs on steam or MJ directly, so I haven't had a need for a lot of EU infrastructure. Since I'm building all my EU setup specifically to feed the matter fab, any thoughts or ideas I should use to set this up? I have the resources for new multi-block GT turbines, and have about 200 methane cells and a bit over 1k scrap stockpiled at the moment with more on the way.

Interesting, well you can always use a huge minefactory reloaded planter/harvester setup.

That's how I started getting more power, using birch for Charcoal to always fill the gens, the the oak will be turned into scrap. With applied energistics it would be quite the task. but it would be WAY more sexier than buildcraft pipes :D

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
netmc: if your looking for more scrap, try:

1) mob traps. the ones i built on my map generate a massive quantity of stuff to recycle, especially slimes. mfr grinders + mfr autospawner bringing in size 8 slimes (large slime hit with slime embiggener syringe) will bring in hundreds of slimeballs per minute. make sure you hook up the mob essence from the grinders so they feed the autospawner..those big slimes use a lot of essence to spawn. the other mob trap on my map uses cursed earth for floor..that attracts many mobs at a consistent rate, including slimes and endermen.

2) mfr planter/harvester/fertilizer for a jungle tree farm. that will get you crazy amounts of wood and vines, send vines straight to recycling. send wood to furnaces for charcoal, sawmill surplus logs and feed planks+sawdust to recyclers. cool trick with this: use buildcraft pipes to move/sort output from harvester...send a pipe down to planter for saplings, and split the pipe to a recycler...any saplings that dont make it into the planter go off to recycling. youll never run out, trust me =)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have plenty of boiler power from my mfr tree farm. I'm running 2 boilers off it at the moment, and have space (and resources) in my base for two more once I move all the temporary machines that I placed down while building everything out. I guess what I'm asking is how would you go about setting up an energy system just for the matterfab. Would you run off methane, use one of those new GT multi-block turbines, nuclear? I haven't need much eu outside of a single MFE for charging my jetpack and tools, so I have absolutely no eu infrastructure.

I know the matterfab will take 8192 (EV) voltage. Should I just trickle the power out to it using glass fiber since that is lossless, or should I try to max out the eu/tick? Once I have my distillation tower built, I will be using fuel/nitro fuel to create power and send to the matterfab, but in the meantime, I don't have any real good method of generating a large amount of power. Since I use steam, maybe I should just build a railcraft steam turbine or two to power it. I've been looking at the multi-block GT turbines. Just don't know how much methane I will actually need to run it. There is next to no documentation on it, and I haven't found many of the GT magic books to explain it yet.

netmc: if your looking for more scrap, try:

1) mob traps. the ones i built on my map generate a massive quantity of stuff to recycle, especially slimes. mfr grinders + mfr autospawner bringing in size 8 slimes (large slime hit with slime embiggener syringe) will bring in hundreds of slimeballs per minute. make sure you hook up the mob essence from the grinders so they feed the autospawner..those big slimes use a lot of essence to spawn. the other mob trap on my map uses cursed earth for floor..that attracts many mobs at a consistent rate, including slimes and endermen.

I have a small grinder/spawner (mfr) setup, but I have it turned off at the moment as I don't have all the recyclers built yet. (still trying to find a place to put them.) I'm hoping to get some cursed earth, but haven't found a division sigil yet either. I am using the largest size slime in exact mode to generate the essence needed. It doesn't generate quite as much essence as using the embigging syringe--I don't have a steady supply of lapis yet to support it, but it does generate enough to give me a constant supply of slime balls for recycyling.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
I have a small grinder/spawner (mfr) setup, but I have it turned off at the moment as I don't have all the recyclers built yet. (still trying to find a place to put them.) I'm hoping to get some cursed earth, but haven't found a division sigil yet either. I am using the largest size slime in exact mode to generate the essence needed. It doesn't generate quite as much essence as using the embigging syringe--I don't have a steady supply of lapis yet to support it, but it does generate enough to give me a constant supply of slime balls for recycyling.

if you hook up a sludge boiler to the mfr tree harvester...it will occasionally generate cursed earth (at least on my map i saw a good 15 blocks of it after running it a while). if you dont have a size 8 slime...dont run it in exact mode. itll spawn more slimes faster, but probably not enough to sustain itself. wait till u get a big'un. itll work out =)

I think you misunderstood me on the syringe tho. Use it once on a large slime in the wild, then capture that with a safari net, and plug that into the auto spawner. set it to exact and it will always spawn the really big ones. make sure the room they spawn in is at least 5 blocks high. this works with magma slimes too. i think they generate even more magma cream than slimes do slime balls. make sure you cover the area they spawn in, the big ones can jump pretty damm high, tho im not sure if the cream can be recycled

edit: yes magma cream can be recycled...and oh boy do i get lots of it from magma cubes =)

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
4 Nukes = 720 eu/t

2 MV Solars = 128 eu/t

1 UHSP = 512 eu/t

???

1360 eu/t (PROFIT!)

11k UU atm (not counting the ones I have spent, which is like 5K).

UU is awsome for feathers and glass.

42 cobblegens. 2 (9 OV) recyclers and 1 (3 OV).

Barely keeping up with scrap production, but I produce more than I can use. I blame a bug 1.1.4 Unleashed that consumes scrap in 10 ticks or smt.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
4 Nukes = 720 eu/t

2 MV Solars = 128 eu/t

1 UHSP = 512 eu/t

???

1360 eu/t (PROFIT!)

11k UU atm (not counting the ones I have spent, which is like 5K).

UU is awsome for feathers and glass.

42 cobblegens. 2 (9 OV) recyclers and 1 (3 OV).

Barely keeping up with scrap production, but I produce more than I can use. I blame a bug 1.1.4 Unleashed that consumes scrap in 10 ticks or smt.

11k! thats quite the count!

I barely have been breaking 2k UU haha

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
if you hook up a sludge boiler to the mfr tree harvester...it will occasionally generate cursed earth (at least on my map i saw a good 15 blocks of it after running it a while). if you dont have a size 8 slime...dont run it in exact mode. itll spawn more slimes faster, but probably not enough to sustain itself. wait till u get a big'un. itll work out =)

I think you misunderstood me on the syringe tho. Use it once on a large slime in the wild, then capture that with a safari net, and plug that into the auto spawner. set it to exact and it will always spawn the really big ones. make sure the room they spawn in is at least 5 blocks high. this works with magma slimes too. i think they generate even more magma cream than slimes do slime balls. make sure you cover the area they spawn in, the big ones can jump pretty damm high, tho im not sure if the cream can be recycled

edit: yes magma cream can be recycled...and oh boy do i get lots of it from magma cubes =)

Thanks for the clarification on the syringe. I've got a max size magma slime already though.. :)

I've had my sludge boiler running since I set up my tree farm, and I have never once generated cursed earth. I'm running the latest MFR for 1.5.2, so that probably fixed cursed earth being generated by the sludge boiler. I just need to set my thaumcraft stuff back up and make a tool dynaism tablet and a MFR block breaker for all the mud blocks I have to feed into a recycler. I have about 20k mud blocks at the moment, which will turn into 80k mud balls, so quite a bit of recycle fodder. :D

I'll see what I can do to start making some EU power generation to run my matter fab.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I know I finally gave up on the Matter Fab on 1.4.7. Ten million EU with boosters should have been enough to produce a single UU-matter right? Well, I drained a stack of three fully charged MFSU's into one and got 20% progress for my trouble. I like a lot of Greg Tech, but not the Matter Fab.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
I know I finally gave up on the Matter Fab on 1.4.7. Ten million EU with boosters should have been enough to produce a single UU-matter right? Well, I drained a stack of three fully charged MFSU's into one and got 20% progress for my trouble. I like a lot of Greg Tech, but not the Matter Fab.

Yea, I don't suggest using the matter fabri like that. I mean, when I made my matter fabri back in 1.4.7 ultimate I also spent the time to make the lightning rod, with that I wasn't draining tons of mfsu's for one UU. I think one shock to the lightning rod gave 25,000 EU. and it can be hooked straight to a matter.

Also if you can find a mystcrafft world that is always stormy, place it in there with a chunkloader and just fill it with diamond dust or forcicium.
I recall using diamond dust and having 2 stacks UU every hour or so. so in reality quite fast for a matter fabri.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, I just went ahead and altered the configs to bring back the Mass Fabricator.

Of course by then, I didn't need it, because I could tell my AE system to whip me up some HV Array's. (Added manually to the Ultimate Pack.)

I might go back and try out a lightning rod with the matter fab. Sound like it's interesting.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I build beacons made from diamond blocks. I blow through 13284 UU per max sized diamond beacon. To be set for life I would consider over 1 million UU.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I build beacons made from diamond blocks. I blow through 13284 UU per max sized diamond beacon. To be set for life I would consider over 1 million UU.

Guess so, is that ultimate? cause in unleashed the usage of UU is limited to tin/copper/gold ore and you can't minium stone the gold to dia :/