UU-Matter production thread

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure about that in Unleashed? The UU to diamond seems to be working fine for me.

err, some of the mods in normal unleashed were removed on the server I play on. Such as dartcraft (too op) power suits and soul shards, also very OP

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Huh. I don't know if IR-invincible Nano Armor is a good counter argument for Powersuits.

Then again, I don't install armor into mine, so I guess I just have a different experience with it.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Before my base chunk-resetted I had 2 boilers producing steam for my mfr planter/harvester/fertilizer setup and my matter fab.
It's not much power for the farm, which means I got almost 750Eu/t to the matter fab(using power converters)

Not that much, but I was the first person having a matter fab and some non-lava power on the server :)

Too bad the server got closed due to a lack of active players :/

Reactions: MrD3cisive

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
having a little fun with t5 soul spawners, and out comes this:

2013-09-28_235635.png

flame on!

2013-09-28_235704.png

tank turtle pulling lava from the endertank and feeding it to the fire jet. nothing to do with the uu generation, just needed some visual fx =)

2013-09-28_235715.png

yo dawg, i heard you like blaze rods....

2013-09-29_001412.png

routers are awesome at spreading the load. its not necessary to keep the generators full, as long as *all* of them are lit up at the same time

I give you: the Blaze Reactor.

4 blaze spawn rooms per stack. tier 5 spawner bringing in crazy amounts of blazes per room. obby pipe floor and iron pipes moving drops to a router outside
36 generators per blaze room getting fed a constant supply of blaze rods via factorization router.
1400 EU/t per tower.
2800 EU/t going into that itty bitty mass fab.
300 uu matter per hour (no scrap boosts, working on that ;) )
crappy fps drops.
profit!

we don need no steenkin reactors!

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
having a little fun with t5 soul spawners, and out comes this:

2013-09-28_235635.png

flame on!

2013-09-28_235704.png

tank turtle pulling lava from the endertank and feeding it to the fire jet. nothing to do with the uu generation, just needed some visual fx =)

2013-09-28_235715.png

yo dawg, i heard you like blaze rods....

2013-09-29_001412.png

routers are awesome at spreading the load. its not necessary to keep the generators full, as long as *all* of them are lit up at the same time

I give you: the Blaze Reactor.

4 blaze spawn rooms per stack. tier 5 spawner bringing in crazy amounts of blazes per room. obby pipe floor and iron pipes moving drops to a router outside
36 generators per blaze room getting fed a constant supply of blaze rods via factorization router.
1400 EU/t per tower.
2800 EU/t going into that itty bitty mass fab.
300 uu matter per hour (no scrap boosts, working on that ;) )
crappy fps drops.
profit!

we don need no steenkin reactors!

Very well thought out, I would do something just like this If soulshards wasn't removed on the server I play on. Everyone knows they are extremely OP at getting items

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
You server is so anti-fun.

hahaha, we had our day... Back in ultimate my base ran completely of blaze rods, and of course, solar.
My old method of getting UU VVVV
But yea. I had 2 zombie pigmen tier 5 soul shards, also a witch tier 5.
I made a auto sorter/crafter using redpower, (filter,timer, something like that) I forget what exact machines they were but... over a week or so I had 10 diamond chests filled with gold ingots.
I used it all to make diamonds, and eventually diamond dust. to fill my matter fabricator all the time. while still having a steady supply of gold/diamond.

Also, I made a 12 spawner grinder on my old world/map.
Basically found 4 zombie spawners, moved em into one room. Stacked
Found 8 cave spider spawners, maybe 9? moved them all into one room. stacked.

This thing literally got me to level 30 in 1 minute. about endermen grinder speed, maybe slower.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
hahaha, we had our day... Back in ultimate my base ran completely of blaze rods, and of course, solar.
My old method of getting UU VVVV
But yea. I had 2 zombie pigmen tier 5 soul shards, also a witch tier 5.
I made a auto sorter/crafter using redpower, (filter,timer, something like that) I forget what exact machines they were but... over a week or so I had 10 diamond chests filled with gold ingots.
I used it all to make diamonds, and eventually diamond dust. to fill my matter fabricator all the time. while still having a steady supply of gold/diamond.

Also, I made a 12 spawner grinder on my old world/map.
Basically found 4 zombie spawners, moved em into one room. Stacked
Found 8 cave spider spawners, maybe 9? moved them all into one room. stacked.

This thing literally got me to level 30 in 1 minute. about endermen grinder speed, maybe slower.

heh good times. i did that on a server a played on. had a spawner for almost every mob on the map, including nether and end worlds. Apparently i was the only one who knew how "to play survival" and my storage room was the stuff of legend on the server, even made deals with some of the players to let them use my traps for xp and metals. and the platform spawners i had on skyblock...wow. the admins almost had me banned for that =)

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
getting back on topic, I give you another way to get that awesome pink stuff: The Jungle Reactor

2013-09-30_042613.png

see all that sludge in those pipes coming out of the back of the harvesters? 8 sludge boilers just barely keep up with 7 harvesters chewing up those trees.

2013-09-30_042719.png

ya i kinda went overkill on this one. i wanted to see if 4 cyclic assemblers can keep up with the wood. just barely =)

2013-09-30_042628.png

power plant for the farm machines. fed entirely from the saplings coming out of this. ya. just saplings, feeding 16 bio reactors, keeping 30 biofuel generators going. and even then, excess saplings are void piped

2013-09-30_042638.png

need those bones for the fertilizers

2013-09-30_042736.png

thats a lotta generators :)

this monstrosity generates a massive amount of wood scaffolds to feed 768 generators. this time, the generators are kept fully fed, and an eu reader reads 7680 eu/t at the cable under the mass fab. 4 cyclic assemblers take the wood -> planks, planks -> sticks, planks + sticks -> scaffolds. routers are fed via item tesseracts off the dsu storing the scaffolds. the chests are there to 'link' the routers together. 1 router on each side, per level, feeds the routers connected to the generators. this keeps things very evenly distributed.

first time playing with biofuel as well. in this case, i didnt know how badly the reactors would be with dealing with so much raw material. but the power setup works, the REC's are set to max output and they barely budge from max power. was kinda dissapointed they dont take vines...that is a plant, right? :)

cool trick i found when dealing with more input than a machine can handle: in the case of the MFR planters and fertilizers, they have 16 slot inventories. i run a pipe into them, letting items fill the slots normally. a router is next to the machine in extract mode with bandwidth and ejector upgrades, set to pull from the 2nd slot of the machines inventory (slot 1 for fertilizer, slot 11 for planter). this catches the overflow from the 1st slot, and ejects to a chest next to the router. this always keeps a max stack in the machine, the rest can be piped to recyclers, etc.

the tree farm is 3 5x5 plots, each with its own MFR planter and fertilizer. they each have a harvester as well, but i added more harvesters, 2 between the plots, and another on the sides of the left/right plots. this was necessary as the harvesters spend a lot of time chewing up the leaves and vines, this makes the farm really fly when a forest of the big trees comes in. unfortunately, that also means a lot of lag, the tree farm averages about 150+ chunk updates per sec. but it was an interesting build none the less. i think this does about 700+ uu matter an hour, more if i add some recycling to the mess...it definitely could use some because theres a lot of excess bones, vines, saplings, junk from the sludge boilers, etc. i just wanted to see how far i could take it =)

and this is what happens when you play with crazy amounts of power:
2013-09-30_061919.png

nope...garden hose wasnt supposed to go into that hole...

i was trying to get the recyclers hooked up and i accidentally plugged a mass fab right into the energy bridge output (from the bank of REC's) and...bewm. didnt expect that =)

managed to rebuild the factory and found it can support *2* of those 768 generator banks. so 15k eu/t...1200 uu per hour. i win.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
getting back on topic, I give you another way to get that awesome pink stuff: The Jungle Reactor

2013-09-30_042613.png

see all that sludge in those pipes coming out of the back of the harvesters? 8 sludge boilers just barely keep up with 7 harvesters chewing up those trees.

2013-09-30_042719.png

ya i kinda went overkill on this one. i wanted to see if 4 cyclic assemblers can keep up with the wood. just barely =)

2013-09-30_042628.png

power plant for the farm machines. fed entirely from the saplings coming out of this. ya. just saplings, feeding 16 bio reactors, keeping 30 biofuel generators going. and even then, excess saplings are void piped

2013-09-30_042638.png

need those bones for the fertilizers

2013-09-30_042736.png

thats a lotta generators :)

this monstrosity generates a massive amount of wood scaffolds to feed 768 generators. this time, the generators are kept fully fed, and an eu reader reads 7680 eu/t at the cable under the mass fab. 4 cyclic assemblers take the wood -> planks, planks -> sticks, planks + sticks -> scaffolds. routers are fed via item tesseracts off the dsu storing the scaffolds. the chests are there to 'link' the routers together. 1 router on each side, per level, feeds the routers connected to the generators. this keeps things very evenly distributed.

first time playing with biofuel as well. in this case, i didnt know how badly the reactors would be with dealing with so much raw material. but the power setup works, the REC's are set to max output and they barely budge from max power. was kinda dissapointed they dont take vines...that is a plant, right? :)

cool trick i found when dealing with more input than a machine can handle: in the case of the MFR planters and fertilizers, they have 16 slot inventories. i run a pipe into them, letting items fill the slots normally. a router is next to the machine in extract mode with bandwidth and ejector upgrades, set to pull from the 2nd slot of the machines inventory (slot 1 for fertilizer, slot 11 for planter). this catches the overflow from the 1st slot, and ejects to a chest next to the router. this always keeps a max stack in the machine, the rest can be piped to recyclers, etc.

the tree farm is 3 5x5 plots, each with its own MFR planter and fertilizer. they each have a harvester as well, but i added more harvesters, 2 between the plots, and another on the sides of the left/right plots. this was necessary as the harvesters spend a lot of time chewing up the leaves and vines, this makes the farm really fly when a forest of the big trees comes in. unfortunately, that also means a lot of lag, the tree farm averages about 150+ chunk updates per sec. but it was an interesting build none the less. i think this does about 700+ uu matter an hour, more if i add some recycling to the mess...it definitely could use some because theres a lot of excess bones, vines, saplings, junk from the sludge boilers, etc. i just wanted to see how far i could take it =)

and this is what happens when you play with crazy amounts of power:
2013-09-30_061919.png

nope...garden hose wasnt supposed to go into that hole...

i was trying to get the recyclers hooked up and i accidentally plugged a mass fab right into the energy bridge output (from the bank of REC's) and...bewm. didnt expect that =)

managed to rebuild the factory and found it can support *2* of those 768 generator banks. so 15k eu/t...1200 uu per hour. i win.

Wow, you truly took producing UU to the next step, I ask is all this done in GM?

I'd love to get a setup going like this, maybe a little more simple (less over the top)
I really don't see why I would need so Much UU beside's crafting diamonds and iridium. 700 an hour is INSANE!

Thanks for sharing your creation/destruction :/

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
what scared me about that build was: i think i was getting more power from the bio generators, than from the ic2 generators hooked up to the mass fab. that explosion happened because i was trying to get more stuff running on the power lines coming from the bio generators, and the fiber cables kept popping off before i could get em hooked up to something and in the mix, somehow i managed to twitch my mousewheel just enough to get the mass fab selected. and the sad thing...that was just from the saplings coming out of the tree farm...wtf! I think i might have to play with that side of things now =)

and ya. i spend a lot of time in creative mode, tho i do have a few survival maps going.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
damn, yea with so much going on its really hard to not mess up, Gotta be extremely careful.

I'm going to update this thread with my friends methods of getting UU, i ensure you they are nothing more than billions of ulti's and ingenous extruder's