UU-Matter production thread

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to possibly start a thread for people to show how they get their UU-matter.

I currently am using unleashed. meaning I have to use a mass fabricator. at first it was hard getting enough power. but now I have a matter plant currently that produces like 8 stacks matter per night/day!
Please post pictures of your UU production !

also I apologize if a similar thread already exists, i'm new here.
Here are the pictures of my uu matter plant. (I have ulti solar panels outside)
2013-09-02_23.12.57.png2013-09-02_23.13.03.png Cobble gen filling the recycler's: 2013-09-02_23.12.47.png

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Recyclers? How old-school. :D I've started using Forcicum in place of scrap. I get huge amounts of it from grinding up Monazit, and I never use it for anything. It's equivalent to scrap and it's consistent to produce, so I just dump it into the Mass Fab.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
index.php

900 eu/t + 200 mj/t, that is one UU per 10 seconds or so. Junk generator not included, but you can make pretty compact and economic one with filler, mining wells and a forcefield generator.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
I just use 21 hv solars can't post a pic ATM sorry :/ but its 10,752 eu /t going into it and I've got around 86,000 uu matter in my AE network

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I got to the point where I needed UU was in Ultimate. I don't have any screenshots because the server went bye bye without notification of the 5 or so members, the admin dissapeared. Anyways, I had roughly 260 UH Solar Panels and a Nuclear Reactor on ocassion feeding into my 4IDSU's. It was supplied by a RP2 Cobblestone generator going into 5 or so recyclers, then the scrap was packaged into scrap boxes. Most of the scrap boxes were incinerated because I was sick of hearing explosions from my GT based machine room.

Recently on a server I play on for a private pack built by myself and a couple of the other users we excavated with a turtle a 9x9 and got Iridium Ore. Unfortunately, this isn't that exciting, because GT requires FAR more than 1 iridium for anything.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow that setup! my starting uu plant was using planters/harvesters, then I realized how much more EU you can get from lava. So I switched to it running on solar/lava only.

I guess my setup is pretty standard/traditional, It works pretty well though. ( I have so much UU i don't know what to do with it)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Well, I usually found my Iridium in or around ravines. I used the RP2 Knife I built. (130-bedrock) to make a long cut in the land to expose the caves and underground ravines. I think I found 12 or so iridium ores. Found most of it in Autumn Woods biomes. No idea why.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I usually found my Iridium in or around ravines. I used the RP2 Knife I built. (130-bedrock) to make a long cut in the land to expose the caves and underground ravines. I think I found 12 or so iridium ores. Found most of it in Autumn Woods biomes. No idea why.
That sounds like an awesome way to get started with ftb! at first getting a good UU/iridium production going is difficult.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah. The really hard thing was that I'd run into it before I had anything that could mine it except my rock cutter. :p A little faster than mining obsidian with it but... not much.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment (Ultimate 1.1.2), I have two steam turbines (200 total eu/t), 12 or so GT diesel generators (144 eu/t since they're a little easier to manage earlier on), 16-18 GT Thermal generators (~380 eu/t) feeding into a dedicated MFSU and 3 MFEs. The total from the dedicated grid is around 750 eu/t.

Obviously that doesn't allow the MFSU and MFEs to run at full capacity, so I also sometimes tie my main grid (throttled to 512 eu/t in 128eu packets by a single MFSU/MV transformer), which consists of 12 advanced solar panels (96 eu/t, effectively 54 eu/t taking nighttime into account), two wind/solar arrays (10 wind turbines in total producing 20 eu/t with plain solar panels taking up the rest during daytime, so 64eu/t from them, 46eu/t effectively), an automatic charcoal setup producing 120 eu/t, and a nuclear reactor with 230 eu/t. So, my main grid is effectively 450 eu/t.

The two grids together account for around 1200 eu/t, and since it feeds into a GT matter fabricator, we're talking about a power draw of 896 eu/t, so about one UU-matter every 15 minutes. Were this setup feeding into a mass fabricator, we'd be talking about UU-matter every minute.

oh, and pics later. So many components means I don't really have anything comprehensive :(

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, that is quite interesting way to power a matter fabri. Back when I was on ultimate I had a mystcraft world that was always raining/stormy. so I just used my lightning rod to directly power it. using diamond dust to make the UU, also placing a chunk loader there produced about 2 stacks UU in a couple of hours or so! :D

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Well you don't use any less power when you're using diamond dust compared to scrap or forcicium (at least in ultimate), it just gets consumed at a slower rate. Scrap is easy as hell to make in ultimate so I used that; I simply plopped an igneous extruder on top of a recycler, set the output face to the bottom face, and stuck two overclocker upgrades on the recycler so that it processed cobblestone roughly as fast as the extruder made it. Then I just plop a clay golem on the top face of the matter fab, tell him to keep it stuffed full of scrap at all times, and he resupplies the machine for me whenever it needs it.

I had, more or less, a vague idea in my head that I'd use mostly non-renewable fuels (excepting, kinda, the boilers powering the steam turbines, since those use biofuel) for the matter fab, and mostly renewable stuff for my main grid. Guess I didn't wanna get put in a situation where I couldn't charge my gravichestplate because I was out of uranium or lava or something.

Reactions: MrD3cisive

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
I think i have you all beat. In my ultimate world, I have 4 legit fusion reactors. I have aprox 114,000 eu dedicated to the matter fabs.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
I think i have you all beat. In my ultimate world, I have 4 legit fusion reactors. I have aprox 114,000 eu dedicated to the matter fabs.
oh wow, you indeed have us ALL beat lol.

I haven't stepped up to nuclear, kinda tempted to atm.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't stepped up to nuclear, kinda tempted to atm.
I had this crazy idea for a 4000 eu/t nuclear reactor. It requires a witch farm to supply redstone to repair the RSH-Condensators. It also requires 2 HV transformers to make the eu usable if you're playing in unleashed. HV transformer supposely can intake 2 billion eu, but only outputs a maximum of 2048.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
My setup in our previous world:
uKAAA6H.png

Cobblegens and recyclers. Power is coming from 30 generators running on excess charcoal.

I only actually used it to generate about 2k UU matter because I have no use for it whatsoever. I don't have a matterfab in our current server world and I don't intend to build one either.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My top of the line, ultra complex UU-Matter production line:

The Solar panel fills the MFE, then when I'm ready I flip the lever. The pipes supply Forcicum to the Mass Fab and extract the UU-matter.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
My setup in our previous world:
uKAAA6H.png

Cobblegens and recyclers. Power is coming from 30 generators running on excess charcoal.

I only actually used it to generate about 2k UU matter because I have no use for it whatsoever. I don't have a matterfab in our current server world and I don't intend to build one either.

dedication to uu i can see! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1378398306][/DOUBLEPOST]
My top of the line, ultra complex UU-Matter production line:

The Solar panel fills the MFE, then when I'm ready I flip the lever. The pipes supply Forcicum to the Mass Fab and extract the UU-matter.

seems like a nice simple setup

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
It is. And since I don't use UU-matter for anything but upgrading solars for charging certain tools, it's exactly enough for the job.