Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I think I understand the issue. It looked like you were asking for an RF producer that could use Resonant Ender or Ender Pearls. Closest you can get to that is using Resonant Ender as a coolant in a Big Reactor, though it isn't the best.

Not exactly as a fuel, but some kind of use other than as an upgrade material / tesseract.
The perfect thing could be turning them back to pearls.T construct casting don't works on them.

It's worthed checking out this post, i got to know more mods.

groundhog

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. First CovertJaguar making demands and now we have IC2 issuing a takedown on Simply Jetpacks.

Way to go, IC2 and Railcraft !

Once again, the drama plays out in reddit, while KingLemming calmly states on MCF ...

The Future of our modpacks are in safe hands, but the old guard certainly seems jumpy at losing their pre-eminence.

Sadly, the community has been frustrated at the direction (or lack of progress) they expected from cornerstone mods like Buildcraft and IC2, while RF and the Thermal Expansion set has been a real crowd pleasers.

I often feel the way King Lemming's team engages with the community is exemplorary and in stark contrast to those who are not feeling the love anymore. As they say: the only constant is change.

FrostySVK

Jul 29, 2019
While I agree that that ,multiple power systems are not the way to go, I do not agree with current RF ... it is so easy to obtain its not even funny ... in modpack with MFR and TE you can get INFINITE RF with no effort at all in about 3-4 hours after starting new world and with TE get super cheap and super easy way to automate ore processing 20 minutes in.
And I am not even going to talk about the Extra Utilities generators ...

DISCLAIMER: Please remember that this is MY OPINION, you are free to have your own and I am not hating on ANYONE, while I might disagree with the FTB team on this solution I still respect the work they are putting into this community. I know many players like to have cheap and infinite power and therefore resources, but my question than is why not play on creative than? IN MY OPINION it completely defeats the point of playing survival.

I feel the same way about agrarian skies, while I love it to death after 1 page of quests and 30ish hours in it you just snowball out of control because power is so easy to get.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
While I agree that that ,multiple power systems are not the way to go, I do not agree with current RF ... it is so easy to obtain its not even funny ... in modpack with MFR and TE you can get INFINITE RF with no effort at all in about 3-4 hours after starting new world and with TE get super cheap and super easy way to automate ore processing 20 minutes in.

DISCLAIMER: Please remember that this is MY OPINION, you are free to have your own and I am not hating on ANYONE, while I might disagree with the FTB team on this solution I still respect the work they are putting into this community. I know many players like to have cheap and infinite power and therefore resources, but my question than is why not play on creative than? IN MY OPINION it completely defeats the point of playing survival.

I feel the same way about agrarian skies, while I love it to death after 1 page of quests and 30ish hours in it you just snowball out of control because power is so easy to get.

what mfr is?

It was stated that theres gonna be pack with no rf. And the team probably wont let infinite energy to happen. Extra utitles generators look a bit silly for me, but they are as good as any.i'm looking forward to 1.8, to have the ability to remodell them. Thermal expansion is not the only ore processor using rf.Thats just something basic to start with.

Transposer pearls can be used to make resonant ender back into pearls.

Thanks a lot.Now its tome to turn resonant ender to diamonds. Well, slime farm first.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that's nothing @Eyamaz does about the same plus works a full time job and has a family. Me I just have no life. People should thank him more often. And send him cookies.
You both get massive props. If I had the cash, I'd get you both a big-ass thing of chocolate with something decorative in it. Like a bee figurine or something, lol.

FrostySVK

Jul 29, 2019
what mfr is?

It was stated that theres gonna be pack with no rf. And the team probably wont let infinite energy to happen. Extra utitles generators look a bit silly for me, but they are as good as any.i'm looking forward to 1.8, to have the ability to remodell them. Thermal expansion is not the only ore processor using rf.Thats just something basic to start with.

MFR is is free things on silver platter sitting on top of creative RF energy cell served after joining the game for the first time.
You do not undestand the point I am trying to make, I dont want RF gone from my Minecraft experience, I want RF not to be A: shoved down my throat as ONLY power system B: so goddman easy that other ways are just not viable.

Reactions: CovertJaguar

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
MFR is is free things on silver platter sitting on top of creative RF energy cell served after joining the game for the first time.
You do not undestand the point I am trying to make, I dont want RF gone from my Minecraft experience, I want RF not to be A: shoved down my throat as ONLY power system B: so goddman easy that other ways are just not viable.
Um, it won't be? Don't like RF, think it's too easy, play a pack that doesn't use it?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Minetweaker is a very important tool in making modpacks. Seeing as it isn't updated yet, are you going to wait for it to update, or make an unofficial update? use an alternative, at least temporarily?

Itaros

Jul 29, 2019
FTB died in my eyes. The best part about FTB-based servers was the ability to play with own style(I am EU and MJ user), while not restricting other players on server from using RF or even Factorization Charge. The couple of last news sound like FTB is more interested in their own biased ambitions, ceasing to provide its quality which is lost somewhere in the past.

FrostySVK

Jul 29, 2019
Um, it won't be? Don't like RF, think it's too easy, play a pack that doesn't use it?
Wich again limits me to play certain modpack ... I don't want to have one modpack shoved down my throat because it has ONE different energy system again limiting my options while playing. Also finding a server that isn't utter shit and doesnt SELL items to players is not that easy.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
FTB died in my eyes. The best part about FTB-based servers was the ability to play with own style(I am EU and MJ user), while not restricting other players on server from using RF or even Factorization Charge. The couple of last news sound like FTB is more interested in their own biased ambitions, ceasing to provide its quality which is lost somewhere in the past.
Or perhaps it's for logical reasons. First of all, very few FTB packs have been able to be played by people with weaker computers. This will allow owners of weaker computers to have a chance at playing other packs then FTB lite.
Also, adding mods and making your own packs will be much easier with the new system. I understand many people prefer pre-made packs, but from my understanding, those big packs have been nightmares for both tech support and the FTB team themselves.[DOUBLEPOST=1398708914][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wich again limits me to play certain modpack ... I don't want to have one modpack shoved down my throat because it has ONE different energy system again limiting my options while playing. Also finding a server that isn't utter shit and doesnt SELL items to players is not that easy.
I've never even seen one of those servers. Have you tried looking at the server promotion area?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

If you don't like how easy it is to generate RF, you can change it. Fuel efficiency is completely configurable in TE, as well as cost of operation. Same thing for MFR. If you want to goo crazy and make all energy producers generate 10% of what they usually do, and make all consumers require 10x the normal power amount.

Reactions: PierceSG

FrostySVK

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't like how easy it is to generate RF, you can change it. Fuel efficiency is completely configurable in TE, as well as cost of operation. Same thing for MFR. If you want to goo crazy and make all energy producers generate 10% of what they usually do, and make all consumers require 10x the normal power amount.
yes because players have acces to server config files :D :D :D

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It's as the first post says, there's not enough content to add other energy sources. Just not viable. Doing so would also put in 5 different ways to do the same exact thing, with very similar resource cost. The mods are also not too interested with balancing to each other. Making a pack with multiple energy sources would involve having a massive amount of RF-compliant content and a little bubble off to the side for other power.

FrostySVK

Jul 29, 2019
I've never even seen one of those servers. Have you tried looking at the server promotion area?

Yes I have, it is completely not uncommon to find after 2 hours of playing to find something like "enderpump is available only to donators" or "xyz item is banned but xyz donators have access to them"

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Technic or FTB doesn't matter. TE is in dev for 1.7 so are CB's mods. Xycraft... who knows.

Xycraft has a high likelihood of getting released sometime this summer. School is currently getting in Soaryn's way. And takes priority.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Did you read the post? EU and MJ aren't going away.

sanaras666

Jul 29, 2019
and with all that being said one of the most influentual mod makers/mods do not exist today because of this ic2 bc forestry and all the others will fade off like red power did to be replaced by an inferior project red mfr extra utils cool tools but they will never be the same withput that content ftb is bc ic2 rp railcraft if it wernt for these what would ftb be sorry guys if yall need help or need more volenteers to help w workload ask but dont take away what made ftb fun and intresting for the rest of us its not the power systems that make the experiance its the miner or the player that makes the experiance anyone know what it takes to get every bee and tree these days idk still working on it

Status
Not open for further replies.