Upcoming Mod Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Changelogs for the packs are available here https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Public Modpack Listings

Having started to read through the Horizons there seems to be some concern about the content of the modpacks. With that in mind, I just wanted to take a moment to give everyone a bit of a heads-up with ETA's of upcoming modpacks.
(These ETA's are exactly that, they are ETA's and are subject to change and are from the time this post is made.)

Magic Farm
The pack started by Mod Pack Developer Jadedcat , this pack plunges you into a whole new style of minecraft where just surviving the night becomes a challenge and even if you actually survive the night, you will need to worry about surviving the next day as well. (Released)

Magic World 2

A return to one of our favorite packs, Magic World 2 returns us to a land where the normal rules of Minecraft ceast to exist. (Released)

Tech World 2

For those that like to focus on building sprawling factory complexes then Tech World 2 will be the pack for you. (Released)

FTB Lite

A lightweight pack designed to be run on small servers and yet still give you the core FTB Modpack experience. (Released)

Monster
The replacement for FTB Unleashed the new All round pack designed to cater to all tastes, combining old favorites and new into a all new modpack. (Released)

A secret internal project that is designed to totally change the way people play modpacks and minecraft.
(ETA Unknown)

Direwolf20
An updated Direwolf20 pack that will feature in his upcoming lets play series featured on
http://www.youtube.com/user/direwolf20
(Released)

This is not a complete list, however it is what is currently in the pipeline.

Third Party Modpacks.
I want to give third party private packs the ability to upgrade as soon as possible, this is going to take a few days to get organised though. I want to make that transition as easy as possible and right now there is not a massive amount of free time to make sure that happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxxTrottMC

Jul 29, 2019
If you need help I could help with any packs, :3 I have been working on a few packs myself, I just need to get permission, and fix a few bugs and its done.:D Any who if you need help I am ready to help :3

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The universal configs are being amended as we speak. I will get them out as soon as we can.

diwJDHf.jpg

jeff9219

Jul 29, 2019
Does this mean anoher world reset for unleashed users? this is getting annoying every mc update starting over

Jackie Butters

Jul 29, 2019
WOOT!! thx for the updates, looking forward to the new mods modpacks.

Does this mean anoher world reset for unleashed users? this is getting annoying every mc update starting over
This is beyond our control. Minecraft keeps changing and some mods have been rewritten and some mods didn't update.

From my experience you don't HAVE to update, however if the server is updated, (and i've heard unleashed can't be advanced [don't quote me on that]) you may have to start anew, as some of the new components will have different/conflicting item id's, therefore, it is of my opinion that no, you won't be getting a reset, just a completely new mod pack...

as a personal user with my own server I can still run all the old mod packs, if i wish...

O7
JB

Moumix

Jul 29, 2019
I am intrigued by the secret internal project. I'm very interested in seeing how a modpack can change how we play modpacks/minecraft. :)

Reactions: QueWhat

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019

This is beyond our control. Minecraft keeps changing and some mods have been rewritten and some mods didn't update.

I don't understand why people are complaining about world resets? I play for 2 months at most, and then I run out of things to do, I run thought every mod on the pack, and I have to Reset the world. How is it that people don't have to reset the world after a couple months?

Anyone wanna tell me what I'm doing "wrong?"

Moumix

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why people are complaining about world resets? I play for 2 months at most, and then I run out of things to do, I run thought every mod on the pack, and I have to Reset the world. How is it that people don't have to reset the world after a couple months?

Anyone wanna tell me what I'm doing "wrong?"

I do the same in single player mode, but multiplayer servers usually run for a much longer time, and have a lot of big builds to keep you occupied for a longer time. It's always heartbreaking to lose all that work. :')

darkdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Can I just get a clarification, Is the Unleashed 1.6 pack getting renamed? If it is it feels a bit mean to all the people buying t-shirts and hoodies...

Mason11987

Jul 29, 2019
So is there any plan for an "Ultimate" pack like the previous one. Specifically I'm hoping for something as broad as the Direwolf pack but **at least** including gregtech. The lack of such a pack is why many are using ATLauncher instead. While I've found ATLauncher's updates to not be as smooth as the FTB ones, it's a small price to pay to be able to actually get the pack I'd like instead of ones that have such a narrow focus.

Reactions: un worry
Status
Not open for further replies.