Townwolf: Game thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019

Okay fine, accusation throwing is failing in light of me being a terrible reader. In other news, let me try one last shot in the psychological dark (xkcd refs are great). YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO HER

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Unvote Shazam08

We're in the middle of a massive Borderlands 2 stint over here, I'll figure out this suspicion stuff later.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, vote Nojr, it's the next best bet, and only barely. I would have to reexamine after finding out that sgbros is villager (*facepalms*)

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, this'll be much shorter than I thought. It's the same argument.

Yesterday you said tomorrow.

If I may summarize the charges: "Shazam tried to get Pyure lynched, it failed, he killed him". Correct me if I'm strawmanning.

First of all, possibility 3 isn't a cause. It's restating a theoretical order of events. "The wolves wanted to kill Pyure because their attempt to kill Pyure failed" doesn't address why they wanted to kill him in the first place, which would probably be either cause 1 or cause 2. /technicality

Not much else to say that wasn't covered in my last post. I love that you two finished with "Just a hunch" and "Pretty weak, I know", respectively. :p

Lightning round!

Exceptional arguments. Would you mind reconsidering, now that I've gotten a chance to defend myself? Love you too Cheese. <3

Really, guys, this isn't beneficial. I'm not in with the wolves. ._.

<3

Pre-planned public rambling is more of a Pyure or Vike play, actually. Wolf-Shaz likes to sit in the corner and organize. ._.

Also, this raises a question: Why would I have done "these things" in the first place? I've been explaining my reasoning pretty thoroughly and it's clearly landed me in some hot water. While plausible deniability is good and all, it's much more effective to just shut the fuck up to begin with. :p
Alright then Shazam. Based on the occurrences of the last two days, who would you rank as most likely to be a wolf? I appreciate my case is pretty poor, hence the comment. However, I can only go off of what I see here, and the information I have on people. My case against you is weak. My case against everyone else is weaker. Based on that...

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I think there has been a lot of talk about why I find that RJS's "critical evaluations" are villagery. I will add to that and say that it is not just because he is contributing, but also the people who he talks about and the arguments he brought to the table.

These are the people that RJS has openly said critical things about: Pyure, lenscas (and HMT to some extent), LivingAngryCheese, Shazam08.

1. RJS's first argument was advocating against a random lynch day 1. A wolf just wouldn't do this no matter what
2. He has targeted 4/5 people, now do you believe that all of these people are not wolves? If RJS died and turned up wolf we could just look at all the people he has accused and rule them out (to some extent) as being a wolf as well.
3. He has openly claimed he is in a network with Fraction2 and that LAC contacted him. I don't see why a wolf would do this.

My point being here, the arguments he is bringing up, and the information he is bringing to light would be something the wolves would not rather come to light.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Lethosos

He voted for a player whom already had two votes on him and didn't justify it until much later. He didn't come out and say "we need to lynch somebody to form a trusted villager network." That came much later.

And I'm still suspicious of that. Lynching someone for the express purpose of forming a network could work out, but why would he pick sgbros1? Nothing against that guy, but why not go with Pyure, or VikeStep, or Shazzy, or any of our typical power players?

My case against everybody is weak, but at the moment this seems like the strongest one. (One of them is literally "VikeStep is a scary guy")

Reactions: VikeStep

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
For what's worth, here's a list of the players who voted for sgbros on day 1:
HMT, Lenscas, Lethosos, Eruantien, SpwnX

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I could still totally see Leth as being a wolf. Or Shazam or possibly Vike, for that matter.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really have the time to do one of those massive analysis posts again today, so I will just vote for someone and explain why. (I have an exam on Monday and Tuesday that I need to study for)

Now, as I posted earlier, our wolves are most likely people that did not vote Nobody on day 1. Just think about it, as a wolf, you see that people are willing to vote off somebody on day 1. At this stage it is very easy to manipulate everyone into voting off a villager, no-one knows anything and if it goes bad (a villager gets lynched) you can just blame it on that it was a guess, an experiment, it failed.

Now, I am going to only exclude the first few votes from being free of suspicion since the idea that we should lynch someone d1 did not come up until Pyure brought it up. I'll also exclude the people who tied a reason with it. Now, by no means is the list of the following players going to contain all the wolves, there will be the sneaky players which did well at disguising this:

- Eruantien
- Lethosos (sort of, antismited fowltief despite having Nobody to antismite, also the sgbros vote initially)
- RJS (When he voted lenscas)
- TheEpic5
- Strikingwolf
- SoraZodia
- SpwnX
- Shazam08

So, now I am going to assume that we have at least 1 wolf in this group

Now, as I said earlier, I don't believe that RJS is a wolf. TheEpic5's vote seems harmless since it was on someone with no votes yet.

With leth, you can interpret it to be both wolfy and villagery. In leth's position when he voted I think he had no doubts that Nobody would be lynched since he always does and voted for fun, then when pushed on about it, realised that was a terrible reason and then made up a more believable one after the fact. I still don't know why he antismited fowl though.

I am actually now kind of suspicious of the people who added extra votes on to sgbros. These being Eruantien and SpwnX. We now know that sgbros was a villager, the wolves would know that and there was a wagon with 4 votes on sgbros. For a wolf that is easy pickings imo. Keep in mind, that Shazam08 and SoraZodia are sort of suspicious, but they didn't hop on the sgbros wagon so brownie points for that I guess.

Vote SpwnX because of the following:
Now, I'll vote sgbros, why? Because he might actually have the honor of being the first D1 lynched player and I want to be part of that.
With some luck, he's a wolf, with less, a powerless villager, worst case, the wiz/seer.

He justifies it because he wants to be part of the first d1 lynch, then makes us feel better by affirming to us that we want the wolves dead first. Everyone knew that already and it is just stating the obvious, this last line here is something I would add as a wolf, it just makes everyone think that you are a bit friendlier, and that we are on the same side.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really have the time to do one of those massive analysis posts again today, so I will just vote for someone and explain why. (I have an exam on Monday and Tuesday that I need to study for)

Now, as I posted earlier, our wolves are most likely people that did not vote Nobody on day 1. Just think about it, as a wolf, you see that people are willing to vote off somebody on day 1. At this stage it is very easy to manipulate everyone into voting off a villager, no-one knows anything and if it goes bad (a villager gets lynched) you can just blame it on that it was a guess, an experiment, it failed.

Now, I am going to only exclude the first few votes from being free of suspicion since the idea that we should lynch someone d1 did not come up until Pyure brought it up. I'll also exclude the people who tied a reason with it. Now, by no means is the list of the following players going to contain all the wolves, there will be the sneaky players which did well at disguising this:

- Eruantien
- Lethosos (sort of, antismited fowltief despite having Nobody to antismite, also the sgbros vote initially)
- RJS (When he voted lenscas)
- TheEpic5
- Strikingwolf
- SoraZodia
- SpwnX
- Shazam08

So, now I am going to assume that we have at least 1 wolf in this group

Now, as I said earlier, I don't believe that RJS is a wolf. TheEpic5's vote seems harmless since it was on someone with no votes yet.

With leth, you can interpret it to be both wolfy and villagery. In leth's position when he voted I think he had no doubts that Nobody would be lynched since he always does and voted for fun, then when pushed on about it, realised that was a terrible reason and then made up a more believable one after the fact. I still don't know why he antismited fowl though.

I am actually now kind of suspicious of the people who added extra votes on to sgbros. These being Eruantien and SpwnX. We now know that sgbros was a villager, the wolves would know that and there was a wagon with 4 votes on sgbros. For a wolf that is easy pickings imo. Keep in mind, that Shazam08 and SoraZodia are sort of suspicious, but they didn't hop on the sgbros wagon so brownie points for that I guess.

Vote SpwnX because of the following:

He justifies it because he wants to be part of the first d1 lynch, then makes us feel better by affirming to us that we want the wolves dead first. Everyone knew that already and it is just stating the obvious, this last line here is something I would add as a wolf, it just makes everyone think that you are a bit friendlier, and that we are on the same side.
That...makes sense. Especially considering that, despite the debates going on, neither is really contributing much, just antismiting. In fact, Spwn rarely bothers even trying to justify voting for me, he just does it. Damnit Shazam! The fact that he made an excuse for a throwaway vote this time is unusual - maybe a sign of a wolf?

Also if Eruantien is a wolf, Nojr or eeffoc (or both) may be wolves. Classic wolf ploy of dropping an antismite vote onto a teammate to allay suspicion?

Vote SpwnX

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Also, for reference, here are the Day 1 Pyure-voters:
RJS, Nojr, Sora, Shazam, sgbros, lenscas

Meh, Lethosos still has the highest wolfread for me. Fraction's already explained most of the evidence there; I still think the "free bandwagon" comment was weird, if not outright wolven. Vote Lethosos.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
That stupid antismite was to a non-target at the time; I usually ignore Nobody after the first vote anyways.

Total non-issue. :rolleyes:

In any case, this massive Wall-O-Scrutiny going on reminded me of last game... which is making me wonder which one of you is also covering their wolfness with text? Gut feeling tells me it's either Eru-10, Vike, or RJS?

Hrm. In the end, Vote Eru-10 because he seems to think I'm a greater threat to him... of which I know I'm not.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
That stupid antismite was to a non-target at the time; I usually ignore Nobody after the first vote anyways.

Total non-issue. :rolleyes:

In any case, this massive Wall-O-Scrutiny going on reminded me of last game... which is making me wonder which one of you is also covering their wolfness with text? Gut feeling tells me it's either Eru-10, Vike, or RJS?

Hrm. In the end, Vote Eru-10 because he seems to think I'm a greater threat to him... of which I know I'm not.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
What do you think about SpwnX?

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Fun how i'm getting voted especially when I'm busy and can not make a decent defense. Anyways, go on. I'm out.

Edit: Also, yes Fraction2, Life sucks. Especially mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fraction2

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Also I jumped on the wagon day one because I was tired of trying to lynch Pyure. Since then my votes have been pretty much antismites as I have no idea who is trustworthy.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
he just does it. Damnit Shazam!
Nothing is impossible.

I'm not even sure he's a wolf at this point.
You can never really be "sure" someone's a wolf without hearing it from the GM; The best we can ever do is take an educated guess.

VikeJS built a logical case based in good evidence, and Spwn looks to have given up entirely, so... Huzzah! Vote Spwn.

Watch this segue here guys you don't even know

Speaking of votes:

Frontrunner
  • SpwnX (5): Shazam, lenscas, Striking, RJS, Vike
Backrunners
  • Lethosos (2): Someone Else, Fraction
  • Shazam (2): Eeffoc, LivingAngryCheese
  • LivingAngryCheese (1): TheEpic
  • Eeffoc (1): Eruantoin
  • Eruantoin (1): Lethosos
  • Someone Else (1): 016Nojr
  • Fraction (1): fowltief
  • RJS (1): HeilMewTwo
Yet to start the race
@SpwnX, @Exedra, @SoraZodia

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
I'm fairly certain that Nojr is a innocent - in fact, I'm willing to bet that he's our blacksmith.
nojr016 got a sword!
This was from the recap at day 1, the blacksmith at that point would had have very little information or reason to gave another player toughness. If he were to pick a player for a toughness boost that early on, he would pick himself. make sense... right? >_>

Don't feel too good about this wagon so... Antismite Exedra revenge for that D2 vote! *shakes fist*