Townwolf: Game thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
You schedule one cross-community game and suddenly you're at the bottom of the rainbow. Hot damn.

Shazam08 - Assisted in steering the wagon away from sgbros1, whom I find very suspicious. And from experience, when a wagon suddenly stops it is maybe the work of wolves.
That's... a reasonable conclusion, actually. I'd think the same thing if another player had done it.

For what it's worth, though, I had no ulterior motive for saving sgbros. He claimed wiz/app/seer, all provable (and important) roles. He actively encouraged his own lynch. I read town. Sue me.

Speaking of which, protip:
I knew I had at least one friend here.
When a player publicly acknowledges someone vouching for them, it's unlikely (from experience) that those players are wolves. Wolves hate being connected publicly. If wolf-Shaz wanted to save sg, I'd have dropped a quick
Vote Nobody
and been done with it. Bandwagon strengthened and sg one vote farther from death. Bam. I put a vote on Pyure instead. Should've picked someone without an existing vote, looking back, and I really didn't anticipate people going along with a "tradition" lynch, but w/e. Hindsight's 80/50.

Today's lynch: Dunno. Looks like an excellent opportunity to find the Mayor to me. I kinda want to keep sg alive, but, given your distrust and my lack of solid evidence in his favor, I'll antismite Fraction instead. Highfive.

it's two am on a weeknight why am i awake

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
dylanpiera - Commented on the suspicious wagon which suddenly happened on Pyure. Then decided to antismite d2 despite the fact that lots of people are putting forth good arguments he hasn't commented on.
Wait. What good arguments? I've so far only see people calling out sucpicioun on shazy, Sg & lens.

But since I antismited cheese i'll Antismite So37

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I will answer your questions vike. I'll even explain Rjs's reasoning for you. You probably see me liking posts, but it's in order. That's because I always go through the thread liking everything I find useful or think is a good point. Sometimes, I'll have to leave half way through, and I leave and continue from the same point later. When I reach the end I post. I genuinely believe pyure's strategy is wrong, and I'll copy and paste my arguments that I sent to him if you want, although that's kind of irrelevant. I therefore trusted fraction and rjs a decent amount because they actively opposed pyure's strategy, and a wolf wouldn't give up the free lynch. It made me trust them enough want to start a network, because I thought Pyure was a wolf because his strategy was wrong, and I thought one of us might die that night. RJS just said that he didn't trust me, and that me trusting them was suspicious.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, by all means I encourage all of you to respond to my analysis. It gives me more content to analyse.

After all the responses I have viewed some people more favourably. However, I am sticking with my gut instinct on sgbros. The exact same scenario happened when I was competing in the werewolf championships. There was a wagon on an individual, then all of a sudden last minute (literally with 10 minutes to go) they changed to another person. I then said that I found it fishy and voted for the person who was originally the wagon recipient. Everyone then said that I had illogical reasoning, I kept on going for it but no-one really paid it much attention, then at the end of the game it turned out I was right all along.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Yeah, by all means I encourage all of you to respond to my analysis. It gives me more content to analyse.

After all the responses I have viewed some people more favourably. However, I am sticking with my gut instinct on sgbros. The exact same scenario happened when I was competing in the werewolf championships. There was a wagon on an individual, then all of a sudden last minute (literally with 10 minutes to go) they changed to another person. I then said that I found it fishy and voted for the person who was originally the wagon recipient. Everyone then said that I had illogical reasoning, I kept on going for it but no-one really paid it much attention, then at the end of the game it turned out I was right all along.
If you follow your gut instinct in werewolf you almost never go wrong.. and even though I am kind of suspicious of sg, I'm not really sure.

I guess I'm being a hypocrite screw it. vote sgbros

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

You want content to analyze? Ok, here goes, for some of it, at least... it's late, and I need to sleep:
(And I agree that last-minute decisions are all too often poor ones. I remember that wagonshift in the championship game.)

VikeStep - Encouraging people to analyse people in more detail, obviously a good guy
Well of course you say that. All I can say is, last time you posted one of these snazzy analysis lists, you were a wolf. And it didn't help the village at all. I mean, you seem pretty villagery to me now, but maybe that's just what you want me to think.
RJS - I like the way he is playing, critically evaluating things, seems to be pretty villagery
Not exactly sure. I haven't read his posts in enough detail to say much.
Someone Else 37 - Nothing stands out as wolfy to me. Also pointed out the hypocrisy of sgbros's behaviour and is in general very helpful
Thanks! ;)
fowltief - Was quite helpful with the discussions on d1. Hasn't said anything d2 yet.
No obvious wolftells I've noticed either (although once again, I haven't looked hard)
Eruantien - Actually stepped up and did the player analysis (although some of the comments were more comical and not serious which isn't bad but yeah), but then voted for nojr with no reason.
His ratings more or less align with my own, so there's that.
SoraZodia - Was reasonable about the lynching someone d1 but decided to give sgbros a chance to speak. Could be interpreted as wolfy/villagery

SpwnX - Hasn't done anything I find suspicious yet.

He voted RJS... he always votes RJS...
Lethosos - Was excited for a "free bandwagon" as others have pointed out but gave an explanation which is sort of reasonable. Has justified his actions, so not sure what everyone else is going on about.
He was the third person to jump on the sgbros wagon, which, as I recall, you yourself have said is about the most likely time for a wolf to join a wagon.
StrikingWolf - Nothing suspicious on d1. Hasn't said anything d2 yet

Exedra - Was AFK day 1 and then voted for Sora with no reason d2. Not really something that is particularly villagery or wolfy

LivingAngryCheese - The person I still have the biggest question mark about. Waited a long time to post anything but was actively liking posts, I usually see wolves do this when they are keeping one vote extra so that near. However did bring some good arguments to the table about the whole d1 lynching thing. Also RJS brang up info about the conversations that he has been having and I am not entirely sure that the reasoning RJS brought up were really wolfy, it just seems like someone who wants to start a network with someone who looks quite villagery (as I find RJS very villagery as well).

Yeah, I dunno.
dylanpiera - Commented on the suspicious wagon which suddenly happened on Pyure. Then decided to antismite d2 despite the fact that lots of people are putting forth good arguments he hasn't commented on.
Being anti-bandwagon seems villagery to me (or maybe a wolf who knows what he's doing, or maybe a wolf that knows Pyure's also a wolf wait no Pyure's dead)
HeilMewTwo - Like every game, believes that since everything that he says can be used against him, does not say anything. And tbh this is just bad for the villagers
I even pointed out his silence a couple of times, and he didn't say more than two words. Not at all unusual for him, but as you say, it doesn't help anyone.
lenscas - Was very quick to join the wagon against Pyure. Could also just be that Shazam08 is very good at convincing people. Also did initially vote for sg
I could write off his and HMT's one-minute-apart sgbros votes at the very start of the game as coincidental. That and he likes messing with sgbros.
Fraction2 - Attempted to convince to instead vote for nobody. By no means is this bad, but if it so happens that sgbros was a wolf, then this may be an attempt to steer people away from that. He also found it suspicious that two people voted for the same person really close to each other, but people do that every game in the first few posts on day 1 and no-one bats an eye
It looks like sg will get lynched tonight, so we will see about that bit.
Theepic5 - Normal playing around on day 1, then voted himself? Then shortly afterwards voted for nojr just as "revenge" but with no reasoning.

016nojr - Hasn't done anything to help the village yet and antismited someone who already had two votes on d2. Could be a mistake but I can't help but find it suspicious.

Shazam08 - Assisted in steering the wagon away from sgbros1, whom I find very suspicious. And from experience, when a wagon suddenly stops it is maybe the work of wolves.

That wasn't a last minute decision to shift the lynch, though, so presumably it'd be better thought out- and indeed, Pyure didn't end up getting lynched. While this doesn't exonerate Shazam...I dunno. Once again, sg's role reveal may be very informative.
Sgbros1 - Instead of overreacting to the wagon attempt, stood the wagon in its face and encouraged people to join the wagon. Why a villager would do this I have no clue. Then justified the wagon on Pyure as tradition instead of agreeing that it actually was suspicious that this wagon happened so quickly. Also was possibly about to be lynched and then he managed to get out of it.
I'm not sure what to make of his antics so far this game. Maybe he's a wolf, maybe he's a villager who thinks his life is worth more than that of the average villager (which is entirely possible, although in that situation I'd try to lay low and explain myself rather than say "Lynch me!")

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Being anti-bandwagon seems villagery to me (or maybe a wolf who knows what he's doing, or maybe a wolf that knows Pyure's also a wolf wait no Pyure's dead)
Good thinking it could be both ways.

But its 100% sure pyure is a wolf. Even if proven otherwise.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Woah..this thread exploded.. I actually didn't vote yesterday so I've used up my grace. I didn't say anything yesterday As I was waiting to see how others voted. I'll analyze everything when I reach work.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Well then, that threw my theory out the window :/. I'll head to sleep and do another analysis knowing what I know

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
antismite someone else. I did not know i antismited on a person that already had a vote, im not gonna bother looking through a day just to see if a person had a vote already. It is nothing to really complain about, i changed my vote to sg after.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
antismite someone else. I did not know i antismited on a person that already had a vote, im not gonna bother looking through a day just to see if a person had a vote already. It is nothing to really complain about, i changed my vote to sg after.
sgbros1 is already dead, he was an apprentice.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
016Nojr - If I remember correctly, this guy was unpredictable. But I still don't like "I'm not going to bother looking through the day," that tells me he isn't making educated votes to begin with.
eeffoc - not much to go off of here.
Eruantien - Did the first player analysis, so he looks a little more innocent than most.
Exedra - Little to know information.
fowlief - Didn't say anything D2, awaiting his analysis when he reaches work
Fraction2 - I'm entirely confident this guy isn't a wolf. That's just my gut, though. Well, and my reading ability
HeilMewTwo - Needs to become more proficient in his typing speed, so slow he doesn't get things posted.
lenscas - did double vote D1, but most likely coincident and not worth changing, then our D1 lynching shenanigans happened.
Lethosos - Deliberately placed a third vote on a player with absolutely no evidence. Advocated a free bandwagon against somebody whom we had no evidence against.
LivingAngryCheese - Not very wolfish. Attempted to start a player network with RJS and I, but was shot down due to a lack of trust from RJS and I.
RJS - Was against the D1 lynch, but flipped due to the perceived timetable issue, and then continued on his new track after the timetable issue was cleared up. Initial arguments could have been a stunt to divert suspicion.
Shazam08 - Diverted the D1 bandwagon onto a "Power Player." This could have been a wolfish play to rid us of a power player, and when it failed Pyure was murdered by the wolves anyways.
SomeoneElse37 - Voted for Lethosos with me, so I find that a plus. Hasn't done anything super suspicious.
SoraZodia - Not much to read.
SpwnX - Busy with real life. What a scrub, werewolf is life.
StrikingWolf - very quiet so far.
TheEpic5 - I'm not sure what to think, seems like he's shenaniganing around over there.
VikeStep - The "power player." Encourages analysis, but he does that every game. Something about making us all better and more challenging for him. Incredibly dangerous as a wolf. Sorta let me down in his evaluation of RJS, had quite a bit of material followed by not a lot of meaningful analysis. Potential allies there.

Vote Shazam08.

This is just a hunch, but his "a wolf would have done this" argument reeks of planning and a nice attempt to rid the game of a "power player." Also, didn't respond to my message. Must be a lonely old hermit.

Reactions: Pyure

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
016Nojr - If I remember correctly, this guy was unpredictable. But I still don't like "I'm not going to bother looking through the day," that tells me he isn't making educated votes to begin with.

I forgot to mention the part that i wouldnt bother because i was on my phone...