Townwolf: Game thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, we know we don't have an experienced player behind the wolf team (just from play after the main guys died), so I'll vote eefoc as well

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I like toying with you. Most of you know what I'm hinting at before i even give the hint.
Giving hints is something that, IMO, a GM should never do. If you have a game where hints are an important process, then you're screwed on two fronts:
  1. The hint is too good, therefore you're working against the wolves.
  2. The hint is too obscure, therefore you're working against the town.
If hints aren't part of the game, then you're working against the wolves by providing information that the town should never have. No matter which way you approach hints from, you run into the same problem. You cannot provide hints in a way that is perfectly fair to both sides, but as a GM you must be neutral. Any suspicion of favouritism towards one team is going to make the game much less enjoyable for the other team, and it undermines your role. As GM, you underpin the game whilst never participating.