Townwolf: Game thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Eruaniton
I see.

Man, this game is going to take a while.
Ho boy, man. You have no idea.

There are 13 players, all with Toughness, currently alive. We started with twenty; Assuming the standard 1:4 ratio, there were 5 wolves to begin with. Two've been lynched, leaving 3 remaining.

Best case scenario: Somehow, we figure out the identities of every living player today and lynch accordingly. The village works in perfect cohesion and no powers are used. Game proceeds for 6 days.

Worst case scenario: Wolf win. You'd have to reduce the total player count to six, with no wolves lost, so there's 9 you've got to get rid of. Each has Toughness. Assuming the village lynches no wolves, the game proceeds for 9 days. But wait! Two Blacksmiths continually repleneshing Toughness could negate all wolf-kills, extending the worst-case to 18 days from the current point. Math! Making the world go 'round since ever.

Bottom line, we're in for the long haul. Pull up a chair. :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Oy. Let's hope we do manage to locate all the wolves fairly soon, and that Dragon will let us timeskip.

Maybe I should add my own spin on Persistence to my next game. Maybe then it'll last longer than three days...

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I should add my own spin on Persistence to my next game. Maybe then it'll last longer than three days...
Tarkirwolf, right? You could give UgBol something like "Gains Toughness every night (Cannot stack)", so that they'd have to be lynched/attacked twice in the same night to actually die. That'd be interesting to work around. Bolas's approach especially.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Vote Eruaniton

Ho boy, man. You have no idea.

There are 13 players, all with Toughness, currently alive. We started with twenty; Assuming the standard 1:4 ratio, there were 5 wolves to begin with. Two've been lynched, leaving 3 remaining.

Best case scenario: Somehow, we figure out the identities of every living player today and lynch accordingly. The village works in perfect cohesion and no powers are used. Game proceeds for 6 days.

Worst case scenario: Wolf win. You'd have to reduce the total player count to six, with no wolves lost, so there's 9 you've got to get rid of. Each has Toughness. Assuming the village lynches no wolves, the game proceeds for 9 days. But wait! Two Blacksmiths continually repleneshing Toughness could negate all wolf-kills, extending the worst-case to 18 days from the current point. Math! Making the world go 'round since ever.

Bottom line, we're in for the long haul. Pull up a chair.
Do you know what I call this? Good game design! Why? Because it's not! Wow, can we just kill the wolves already? I can't be arsed to wait 18 days.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Tarkirwolf, right? You could give UgBol something like "Gains Toughness every night (Cannot stack)", so that they'd have to be lynched/attacked twice in the same night to actually die. That'd be interesting to work around. Bolas's approach especially.
That's... actually a good idea.
If Bolas gets randomly and unsuccessfully lynched or something, then as long as there's an unconverted vigilante-style role around, the game's pretty well over unless he can convince people that he's actually Ugin... which would not work if Sarkhan or an unconverted seer is alive.

If Ugin gets randomly hit, he may or may not be able to convince everyone that he's actually not Bolas. If he doesn't get lynched, he's still going to be vulnerable to the wolves if they can convert one of the vigilante types. But on the plus side, Sarkhan would then know who he is as well.

I like that. I'll write that down.

Although honestly, that Persistance comment was kind of a joke, for reasons Cheese has pointed out. I think I'm going to base my next game on Innistrad- Vampires, zombies, and werewolves, oh my. And probably ghosts as well. And win conditions more like those in typical WW games, at least for the humans and werewolves.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
THE PAST IS THE PAST OK
The point is, when you're first starting out GMing Werewolf games, sometimes you have no idea as to how the mechanics can impact the game. Sometimes it doesn't go well. We all make a few mistakes in our early games - that's part of what GMing those early games is about. We get a feel for how it works, and learn to recognise when something can snowball. No need to be snarky about the game design. dragon's learning, as we all did.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: Shazam08

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
The point is, when you're first starting out GMing Werewolf games, sometimes you have no idea as to how the mechanics can impact the game. Sometimes it doesn't go well. We all make a few mistakes in our early games - that's part of what GMing those early games is about. We get a feel for how it works, and learn to recognise when something can snowball. No need to be snarky about the game design. dragon's learning, as we all did.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OK fine, but we do need to let him know what he's done wrong.

1. Way too much information in the recaps. You're basically confirming half of us.
2. Way too many toughness roles. In fact, I'm pretty sure the blacksmith is op if I read it correctly.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
ugh... morning already?

ok.

striking got wolfkilled, but survived due to toughness.

eruantian gets lynched, but survives due to toughness.

eefoc loses grace smite

*notes:

lynch is not affected by toughness.

TheEpic5

Jul 29, 2019
1. Vikestep, BetrayerWolf.
2. Chbachman, GodWolf
Smited D3, boring old villager
3. HeilMewtwo, TargeterWolf
4. SpwnX, InnocentWolf
5. traijing, SmitedWolf
Smited D2, bait