Tools for Pack Creators

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I am missing COFH core for ore/stone gen and Loot++ for chest/mob controlled loot, allows manipulations of furnace recipies and it also adds text files for all Biome, block, item, dimension, enchantment, effect and entity ID's aswell as oredict entries and food/drink information.
Added
Just a FYI, the Vanilla Biome disabling through EBXL is currently not functional, it's the main reason I added Climate Control to Regrowth.
Edited
So I think adding Custom Main Menu and Resource loader to your list would be good too. and one called launchgui.
Added
LOVE CUSTOM MAIN MENU. You forgot one of Lumien's other mods too: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225928-custom-backgrounds
Seems to be 1.8 only, but will be interesting when mods make the shift.
Added, and I also noted that you can do this in 1.7 with Random Things.

Reactions: Queue

lumien

Jul 29, 2019
Dimension Inventorys also is a mod pack / map mod. It allows you to specify groups of dimensions where the player has a different inventory / groups of dimensions where the player has the same inventory.

prodamn

Jul 29, 2019
guys i need some quick help, how does one, let's say generate a world like the crashlanding map or the blast off map.

How i would approach that, since i can't figure out how to add custom generation of objects, terrain etc.,

-> generate a flat map (with whatever layer/block settings)
-> ruins ( create all terrain alteration and objects as ruins)

but let's say i want a random forest in one part of the map, a desert in the other but the rest my custom flat(or whatever) map

is there a tool, a mod, which i don't know of which handles said case ?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
-> generate a flat map (with whatever layer/block settings)
Make a superflat world out of the block you want
-> ruins ( create all terrain alteration and objects as ruins)
Use the Ruins mod to distribute the structures
but let's say i want a random forest in one part of the map, a desert in the other but the rest my custom flat(or whatever) map
You could use MCEdit to insert these.

Reactions: prodamn

prodamn

Jul 29, 2019
Make a superflat world out of the block you want

Use the Ruins mod to distribute the structures

You could use MCEdit to insert these.
so like i thought how someone would do it. Kappa
Nice that you specifically repeated exactly what i said, though. ;P

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a guide anywhere for how to use/edit the xmls for Custom Ore Generation? I'm having trouble figuring out the mystcraft pages part, which don't show up in-game as far as I can see.

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019

MinecraftMart

Jul 29, 2019

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it doesnt let me change the damn background of the world. It just makes it better. Maybe an end world? The problem is i need a complete dark world. Wich is probably impossible right.
Depends what you mean with "dark", if you mean it looks dark but has a day/night cycle, then look at this mod and change the textures :p
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-and-1-7-custom-sky-space-edition-optifine-or

If you mean eternal night, then your best bet would be to use a well defined mystcraft dimension

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Well, it doesnt let me change the damn background of the world. It just makes it better. Maybe an end world? The problem is i need a complete dark world. Wich is probably impossible right.
I believe you can change skyboxes with texture packs, if that is what you are talking about.

MinecraftMart

Jul 29, 2019
Depends what you mean with "dark", if you mean it looks dark but has a day/night cycle, then look at this mod and change the textures :p
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-and-1-7-custom-sky-space-edition-optifine-or

If you mean eternal night, then your best bet would be to use a well defined mystcraft dimension

I could try those 2 yes. Or use a plugin wich puts void darkness to level 64. And use mcedit to create a big massive platform.

I believe you can change skyboxes with texture packs, if that is what you are talking about.

Oh, ill try that too.