Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmmm.... running low on lava and making seared bricks.
If only there was a way to make seared bricks without lava​
Is that a 1.6 thing? Needing lava to make seared bricks? The Grout (sand, clay, gravel) option no longer works? Or aren't we actually talking seared stone?

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm.... running low on lava and making seared bricks.
If only there was a way to make seared bricks without lava​
Clay is a pain :p

Is that a 1.6 thing? Needing lava to make seared bricks? The Grout (sand, clay, gravel) option no longer works? Or aren't we actually talking seared stone?
There are 2 ways to get bricks, Grout recipe or smelt cobble, cast into a basin, chisel until you get bricks, right now, both ways are impossible for me. :(
Maybe I will ask around and see if it's okay to drain the nether.

Xris

Jul 29, 2019
Caves are to common and there is no clay generation in the ground...a man can never have to many options for lighting.

Reactions: AlanEsh

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

There are 2 ways to get bricks, Grout recipe or smelt cobble, cast into a basin, chisel until you get bricks, right now, both ways are impossible for me. :(
Just make clay with UU-matter? That's what I always do.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Among others I think factorization makes clay as a byproduct of ore tripling, and (pre 1.6) BoP add a biome full of clay.
And you can Minium stone either Gravel, Sandstone or flint into clay. Or Minium stone iron into clay blocks and then Minium stone those into clay.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Badlands Biomes have raw and hardened clay. But good luck finding them unless you or your server owner alter the configs.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
yeah- 1.6 stuff. Gregtech nerfed the grout.
GregeriusT said:
These are all changes I do to other Mods per default. And I mean ALL of them:

Buildcraft Quarry Recipe changed to contain Diamond Drill (Configurable).
Forestrys Bronze Crafting Recipe.
Universal Electricity Plates to use the GT Ways of getting Plates, what is even a Buff.

That is ALL. I change NOTHING else of other Mods per default. If another Mod decides to use GT Components, then it's the Mod causing that and not GT. If you stumble upon "Gregorium Ingot" then it's RichardG adding that Stuff, and not me. Do you still think I am the one nerfing everything?
[DOUBLEPOST=1385069041][/DOUBLEPOST]I hate people that complain about resource packs looking different from vanilla. That's the point of them, lol.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019

MFR Tree Farm >> Sludge Boiler >> Clay is a byproduct. I have 10k clay in about 2 weeks of un-chunk-loaded play.

Reactions: MigukNamja

gokogt386

Jul 29, 2019
When MC lag interrupts the music I'm playing in the background.
How laggy my PC is.
When every single item in the game turns to a white box whenever I load 1.7 to play servers and then switch back to 1.6 to play mods.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
It irritates the hell out of me when a mod brags about how "vanilla" it is or, even more irritating, calls itself "vanilla with sprinkles". If I wanted Vanilla, I wouldn't be playing a damned mod.

Not a practical suggestion. Updated mods are not released for older versions, bugs don't get fixed, and threads on minecraftforums.net get closed if a mod is not updated to newer versions.

It's not lack of updates that gets a thread closed. It's when the thread gets constantly bumped to the front page with people screaming "UPDAET DA MOOOOD! GOSSSSSSHHHHH!"

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Tree Farm >> Sludge Boiler >> Clay is a byproduct. I have 10k clay in about 2 weeks of un-chunk-loaded play.

If you're into bees, Earthen Bees make a nice amount of clay. A single Fastest Queen in an un-framed Alveary makes about 1,000 clay/day, chunkloaded server.[DOUBLEPOST=1385153446][/DOUBLEPOST]
...with people screaming "UPDAET DA MOOOOD! GOSSSSSSHHHHH!"

I must not get out enough. When did "gosh" come back in vogue ?

Reactions: SpitefulFox

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
If you're into bees, Earthen Bees make a nice amount of clay. A single Fastest Queen in an un-framed Alveary makes about 1,000 clay/day, chunkloaded server.[DOUBLEPOST=1385153446][/DOUBLEPOST]

I must not get out enough. When did "gosh" come back in vogue ?
when people started having kids and couldn't say what they used to say.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Anti-forge people. The hatred ones with little common sense, some are fine.

Edit: The one who conducted a personal attack on me, reading all of my previous posts and reporting half of them. I think I know who it is. Say, they don't say anything in the forum rules about personal attacks, so revenge will be easy (especially since he has more posts then me, and adds a pretty negative karma to the forum anyway)

Last edited:
Reactions: ApSciLiara