..this Industrial Centrifuge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Revalationist

Jul 29, 2019
Greg, I honestly have no idea why you think you can go around implementing your broken machines into your mod. Gates are an essential part of my setup, and I am not surprised to find that the inventory settings on them do not work with Industrial Centrifuges.

Here's what I tried

if Inventory Full, then send out a redstone signal (which I inverted), so the engine pumping items into the pipe stops.
However, it only recognises it as full when the 4 slots extruding from the input are filled, which is strange..considering you can't pipe things into them.

if Space in Inventory, then send out a redstone signal, but, if there is 14 items in the central slot (meaning there is room for more), it will no longer recognise it as free and consider there to be no more space. This, again, baffles me as it is a polar opposite to the result above.

Please, anyone enlighten me on how to fix this.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I don't see the point of complaining about this. They're two completely different mods. They're compatible for the most part, but stuff like this is almost unavoidable.

At any rate, his machine isn't broken. It does exactly what it was designed to do.

Reactions: Whovian

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Use RP2 pneumatic pipes if you are having overflow problems.

Golems are cuter.

Buildcraft is good and it is something I understand, but this is just one of many situations where it is much simpler to use another mod. Any time you want to fill up an inventory without overflow...

If it must be pure buildcraft, the OP wants to make the pipe stop well before there is no more space for items anyway. OP might also want to look at detecting if the centrifuge is using EU, which it will only start doing once it has enough materials to operate.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
if Space in Inventory, then send out a redstone signal, but, if there is 14 items in the central slot (meaning there is room for more), it will no longer recognise it as free and consider there to be no more space. This, again, baffles me as it is a polar opposite to the result above.

This is the meaning of Space in Inventory. It should be properly labeled as "Empty slot in Inventory" and works that way for every block I've used gates with.

Personally, I used BC gates heavily and have used them with pretty much every GT machine - most definitely centrifuges. I rather suspect the error is sitting in your chair.

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
Only problem I have with IC2 and Gregtech machines is they are not like the TE ones. It's very hard to go back after you get used to the custom input/output configs.

Oh well. Like most other storage related question, the solution for your tribulations is AE.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
Because greg isn't open to criticism, and he's the greatest person ever. :/
godcraft tier right? just wait til this poor fellow gets a load of the newer(ult 1.0.2) and later gregtech. hai guis i can haz upgrades in my industrial centrifuge, but then turning water into hydrogen pulls over 91,000eu per second.(2transformer upgrades, 1 hv transformer upgrade, 4 overclockers, and 9 or so power storage upgrades. good luck keeping that fed its constant power requirement hombre. then there's the tricorder.. and being unable to remove upgrades.. and the hardcoded upgrade stacksize on those machines vs the base ic2 machines..).

if he's having problems not using a different pipe interface when the need arises, he's gonna LOOOOVE when he starts seeing the herpaderpa built right in without needing to bring other mods into it.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
What an idiot.
If you think Greg cares about what you think you're mistaken..
As the first reply said this isn't buildcraft Addon it's ic2

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
What an idiot.
If you think Greg cares about what you think you're mistaken..
As the first reply said this isn't buildcraft Addon it's ic2
Yeah, greg's kind of arrogant like that. I thought it was common knowledge. Along with how everything is an "exploit" not a feature.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Lol the GT love here is sickening. I like the mod but it is far from perfect. IC2 seems to work with gates, GT is based of IC2... why does it not work with gates? I mean he can change the recipe's for BC but wont actually let BC work with his machines? Working properly with a mod > changing a mod's perceived balance issues.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Lol the GT love here is sickening. I like the mod but it is far from perfect. IC2 seems to work with gates, GT is based of IC2... why does it not work with gates? I mean he can change the recipe's for BC but wont actually let BC work with his machines? Working properly with a mod > changing a mod's perceived balance issues.

DoctorOr said:
Personally, I used BC gates heavily and have used them with pretty much every GT machine - most definitely centrifuges. I rather suspect the error is sitting in your chair.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I like his mod, but I definitely wouldn't say that gives him basis to be overly-arrogant.

He should still listen to public opinion, at very least.
Take a look at what users you're quoting, you should maybe expect certain things?