This forum will be closed on March 4th

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
The new tech support site is up and running so unless we come across any issues within the next two weeks this forum will be closing down on the 4th of March. All old threads will still be readable but it will not be possible to create new ones.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
But... but... what are we supposed to do to while bored at work?

Meanie!
Just watch youtube but when your boss looks actually do work. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1392756233][/DOUBLEPOST]Not to be mean or anything, But you know people are going to be stupid and post this stuff somewhere else on the forums.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Just watch youtube but when your boss looks actually do work. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1392756233][/DOUBLEPOST]Not to be mean or anything, But you know people are going to be stupid and post this stuff somewhere else on the forums.
They all post it in general discussions...
Any chance of a "General Questions" and "Forum Suggestions" category?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I will be sad to see this forum go as I prefer here to the new one. I will just have to get used to it i suppose.

I don't see many of the usual helpers like myself there as of yet.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm no tech wiz, but I try and help where I can. But I do so as part of my normal browsing the forum. If the tech support is going to be in a different section, then I seriously don't think I will be taking the trip over there that often just to have a look if there is something sufficiently low tech enough for me to help out with.

Also have to agree with the others, people have a hard enough time(read lazy) finding these subforums and instead post it in the general sections.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm no tech wiz, but I try and help where I can. But I do so as part of my normal browsing the forum. If the tech support is going to be in a different section, then I seriously don't think I will be taking the trip over there that often just to have a look if there is something sufficiently low tech enough for me to help out with.

Also have to agree with the others, people have a hard enough time(read lazy) finding these subforums and instead post it in the general sections.
Proof from a "Well-Known Member" with the glorious title that makes me so jealous!

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
@Captainnana a question about the new tech support site:

How do you just add a comment to someone's post? The few times I've been there I had to "answer" a ticket to ask for more information, and the ticket creator had to "answer" their own ticket with more information. I've seen a few of the moderators on the support site do it, so I know it's possible, but I have no idea how. And if I'm having trouble figuring it out, so will most people.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
@Captainnana a question about the new tech support site:

How do you just add a comment to someone's post? The few times I've been there I had to "answer" a ticket to ask for more information, and the ticket creator had to "answer" their own ticket with more information. I've seen a few of the moderators on the support site do it, so I know it's possible, but I have no idea how. And if I'm having trouble figuring it out, so will most people.
Fixed, it had a minimum reputation set on it for some reason

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I think something should be done to make the link to the Support site more clear. Seems several people go to the support section of the forum, find it locked and out of desperation then opens tickets in other sections cause they don't know where else to go.

Also has it been thought through what will happen to all the support threads opened in other forum sections now? Before I think many/most of them were moved here. Now all we can do is either seem like we don't care about their problems and just link them the url to the support site, or we can do the support in whatever forum section they happen to post in(which seem to defeat the purpose of the support section a bit, and makes a mess of the other sections with non-relevant content).

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I don't really understand why there has to be ANOTHER forum that you have to sign up to just to get support. This forum is FTB, everything should be under this roof.
Having to make two accounts for the same "package" will turn people off. I know I won't be using that site, I have enough usernames and passwords to remember/juggle as it is.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
We have people creating threads at the new support site that have nothing to do with ftb. Is there a moderator around that can remove them?

Edit: I suspect there is not because there are ones from 3 days ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tankh

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
We have people creating threads at the new support site that have nothing to do with ftb. Is there a moderator around that can remove them?

Edit: I suspect there is not because there are ones from 3 days ago.
Was just gonna post this here. There are a couple of spam accounts already and there doesn't seem to be any report buttons.