Thermal Expansion or Industrial Craft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Pulverizer + Powered Furnace requires Gold & Redstone, which are only found at the bottom layers, close to bedrock. If you don't have Gregnerfs enabled, Macerator + Electric Furnace is cheaper ore doubling, since it doesn't require anything that can't be found in your first 10~15 minutes of mining. That said...

Induction Smelter is really, really underrated. When you start quarrying stuff, using Cobble Gen + Pulverizer to get sand and processing all your normal ores through it, you'll find that you'll quickly amass some non-trivial amount of Rich Slag. Rich Slag, in turn, can be used in the Induction Smelter to get three ores per two dusts. Which equals to a tripling of the yield of an Ore. But now, if you process your ores *first* through an Industrial Grinder, and *THEN* smelt the dusts in the Induction Smelter while using Rich Slag, you'll get quadruple, and even quintuple yields for certain types of metals.

Which is really useful. But not quite so simple to set up. If you want to go really crazy with it, you can even process your really valuable ores through Factorization first, to get 350% ingots, then macerate them, and then smelt them with Rich Slag in the Induction Smelter... Then it'd be a 700% Yield. Which is very lol worthy. Of course... Only do this with the most valuable ores :D

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I normally start by getting 64 ladders, about 6 stone picks and an iron pick then build a double shaft straight down to bedrock then start branch mining to find some gold and Redstone. Then I make a pulverizer and 4 Redstone engines to power it and at least 1 hopper. Toss in all my ore and go back to branch mining (or caving if I found one while branching.) It's slow, but it's doubling right out the gate and requires no maintenance right off the bat. add in a powered furnace or two (each run off two Redstone engines) and you are good to go for a bit.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2