The Thaumcraft 4.1 Experience

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to enchant Runic Armor, either. Sadly, regular old Thaumium Armor with enchants is better in almost every way.

But, here's to hoping Runic Armor is not yet complete and it will be enchantable.

Kochean

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of adding respiration to the goggles. If i cant do that i will go back and make a new pair and add the respiration onto it so i can stop switching helmets all the time.

I could say to heck with it and get a power suit all decked out like my friends do. but i think i have been doing fairly well with just having enchanted thaumic robes.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I could say to heck with it and get a power suit all decked out like my friends do. but i think i have been doing fairly well with just having enchanted thaumic robes.

In the past, I got bored very quickly with my world once I got full MPS or GraviSuite. Even with the best-in-slot (BiS) TC4 armor setup, I am not invincible and choices have to be made. In other words, there is still some risk and challenge left with a full TC4 setup.

But, I'm not liking the lack of options with the Runic Armor. The variants on the Runic 'energy' are too narrow.

I'm not sure why Azanor removed the ability to enchant Runic Armor. Maybe too difficult to code with how the Runic energy shield works.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
In the past, I got bored very quickly with my world once I got full MPS or GraviSuite. Even with the best-in-slot (BiS) TC4 armor setup, I am not invincible and choices have to be made. In other words, there is still some risk and challenge left with a full TC4 setup.

But, I'm not liking the lack of options with the Runic Armor. The variants on the Runic 'energy' are too narrow.

I'm not sure why Azanor removed the ability to enchant Runic Armor. Maybe too difficult to code with how the Runic energy shield works.

Runic armor is actually pretty excellent protection, especially when mixed with other kinds of armor. I wear runic leggings along with my ichorcloth cowl, robes, and boots most of the time, since the hyperenergetic nitor effect can cause some pretty bad fps lag at times. If there was a runic thaumostatic harness, I think it would be a very good mid-to-late game armor option.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the legs are the only piece of Runic Armor worth considering, IMHO.

Traveler's Boots w/Feather Falling > Runic Traveler's Boots
Thaumostatic Harness > Runic Chest
[TT] Thaumium Goggle Helm > Runic Goggles
Thaumium Leggings ~= Runic Leggings

But, you can't put Fire Protection on the leggings and I really like having Fire Protection when visiting the Nether.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I've taken on a Chocolate Quest dungeon with just runic armor and found it to be more than adequate for the hordes flooding in. If you're looking to enchant some goggles, perhaps the Sanguine helm from Blood Magic can fill that bill.

Good to know ! I'm almost to a Tier 3 Altar in my current world. I'm trying to progress through TC4 and Blood Magic at roughly the same pace.

Reactions: RedBoss

Kochean

Jul 29, 2019
Well it could be that runic armor is considered, as far as enchanting is concerned, as an item. Granted that item can be placed in an armor spot.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Good to know ! I'm almost to a Tier 3 Altar in my current world. I'm trying to progress through TC4 and Blood Magic at roughly the same pace.

I think that's the way to do it if you're into both mods. They certainly work great together, and feel like they cover two different aspects of play with minimal overlap. But where they do overlap, it's done quite nicely.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, if you're doing blood magic, then a sigil of elemental protection will satisfy all your needs for fire protection in the nether. It lets you swim around in it like it was water. I've got the full Ichorium set, and I still use it to prevent those annoying damage ticks.

Reactions: Padfoote

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
In what way? If you say enchanting, you have to tell us how you did such a thing.
You can upgrade Runic Armor with special abilities (basically enchantments lol), including having it recharge faster, cause a shockwave upon bursting, giving it more armor points, give it more durability, etc.

Reactions: RedBoss

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I tried the runic armor. Fancy graphics but not much use in the field, only thing that makes it kind-of sort-of worth it is the Runic Meteor/Comet Boots from Thaumic Exploration, and that's only if you're adamant on having a runic set.

Stick to Kami, they'll see you right.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I have a full set with the Augmented infusion. It doubles the field charge capacity so you can take more hit. It's fairly good armor but not completely godmode. It'll definitely protect you against any vanilla mob horde.

I will say that the runic boots are disappointing because you can't put the Haste enchant onto them. I'd also prefer some kind of texture model for the leggings and chest plate. If you like Thaumcraft, you just accept the Elton John style goggles but they look derpy without a full set of armor. I'd also like the harness to have a runic upgrade. It's a natural inclination since the tech mods have armored variations on their jetpacks. Plus you can have runic boots so the concept is already within the mod.