The Thaumcraft 4.1 Experience

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Yup Aurum for crafting pretty much forces you to become a mana bean farmer, as wisps and nodes worth breaking (instead of keeping and moving to your base) don't supply nearly enough.

Reactions: Padfoote

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The only downside to the bad nodes, is the closest sinister one to me is actually my source for Order, believe it or not.. I have 1 aurum mana bean at the moment, and tried hunting wisps, but as far as I can tell the couple I killed did not drop any essence. (They had the tenacity to die from fire over top a bunch of trees, and I have no flight yet.--couldn't find any essence, although I did get experience orbs.)

Since staves can be used as a weapon, does anyone know if they will take weapon enchants directly?

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Since staves can be used as a weapon, does anyone know if they will take weapon enchants directly?

Again have not tested myself, but I've read that they take the same set of enchants as a sword will. Worth trying.

Edit: I doubt those enchants would apply to focus attack however, only to whacking people with the stick end.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Again have not tested myself, but I've read that they take the same set of enchants as a sword will. Worth trying.

Edit: I doubt those enchants would apply to focus attack however, only to whacking people with the stick end.

I am of course going to have to put knockback II on the staff, as that only seems fitting. Although I am wondering about sharpness or smite.

I did cheat in some charged caps to test vis requirements, and using a full set of robes, the silver caps on a reed staff cost a discounted 50.6 vis, and the thaumium caps cost 75.4 (or something). It is just enough that I need to make a silverwood wand to craft it. (no frugal enchants on the focus)

From what I can tell, the silver and thaumium caps are the same discount on the four primals. It is only perdito and order that are a little less efficient. If that is the case, since I plan to use shock as my main attack, silver would work just fine on a stave.

Now all we need is a wand that recharges perdito & order to match up with equal trade...

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
If any of you uses Dartcraft, ground feathers (feathers in a grinding furnace) and Roc's Feather (2 ground feathers, 2 glowstone, 1 feather) have a ton of the aura aspect.
In fact, the whole mod is quite generous with TC aspects, and it looks like some items don't care about the 8 reseach points cap.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
If any of you uses Dartcraft, ground feathers (feathers in a grinding furnace) and Roc's Feather (2 ground feathers, 2 glowstone, 1 feather) have a ton of the aura aspect.
In fact, the whole mod is quite generous with TC aspects, and it looks like some items don't care about the 8 reseach points cap.

In general DartCraft is quite generous with everything it does. A bit too generous in my opinion.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yup Aurum for crafting pretty much forces you to become a mana bean farmer, as wisps and nodes worth breaking (instead of keeping and moving to your base) don't supply nearly enough.
If you have Dartcraft installed, I recommend setting up a silverwood farm. The Force Mitts yield 3-6+ saplings per tree. I plant tons of them and just chop any trees down with pure nodes in them. I don't feel bad about using that for auram. I also run my cursed earth farm in a magical forest biome to get the extra mana bean drops from Pechs that spawn.

I too have a sinister node with both ordo & perdito quite near my base.

Reactions: casilleroatr

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Mystcraft installed, you can use it to find nodes to destroy. A nice flat age that doesn't spawn monsters and you'll find nodes all over. And some of the ages can spawn Thaumcraft dungeons or altars as well for even more nodes (and chests).

Spodean

Jul 29, 2019
I know that perhaps this is not the right thread, or the right people to ask but I have to give it a shot.

Currently the Magic Farm 2 server I am playing on has been having golem issues. They seem to work fine, then quit. they might start up again a few minutes later. But they always quit working for minutes at a time.

You can sometimes punch them and they seem to suddenly remember what it was they were supposed to be doing. It is not a magic crop thing. They do it will all the vanilla stuff as well.

Its edging close to 2 weeks now that they have been broken. When 2.1.5 came out we switched to it hoping it would fix it, but it did not.

I have not seen this same problem in any of the forums, which leads me to believe that perhaps it is a server side issue.

What I am asking for here is... has anyone else encountered this problem and if so how did you fix it. Is there a server mod that jacks up golems in Thaumcraft? JadedCat is currently been working on the issue as well, but I think perhaps this problem could be server side.

Any Ideas?

Reactions: NegaNote

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I know that perhaps this is not the right thread, or the right people to ask but I have to give it a shot.

Currently the Magic Farm 2 server I am playing on has been having golem issues. They seem to work fine, then quit. they might start up again a few minutes later. But they always quit working for minutes at a time.

You can sometimes punch them and they seem to suddenly remember what it was they were supposed to be doing. It is not a magic crop thing. They do it will all the vanilla stuff as well.

Its edging close to 2 weeks now that they have been broken. When 2.1.5 came out we switched to it hoping it would fix it, but it did not.

I have not seen this same problem in any of the forums, which leads me to believe that perhaps it is a server side issue.

What I am asking for here is... has anyone else encountered this problem and if so how did you fix it. Is there a server mod that jacks up golems in Thaumcraft? JadedCat is currently been working on the issue as well, but I think perhaps this problem could be server side.

Any Ideas?
It sounds like server lag, im probably wrong though. Also this is not the proper thread, I suggest making a new thread, but that is strange.

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh*

*longer sigh*

In the latest version (''e''), I apparently lost a few hours of progress when I loaded that world today. This both enrages and saddens me, and temporarily ruins all my fun in minecraft. Great.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Kind of a background tc question. Supposedly in tc 3 nodes replenished themselves from shards or something right? Do they still replenish themselves by shards in tc4? I guess I just want to know if there is any reprocussions if I mine out all the local shards...

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Kind of a background tc question. Supposedly in tc 3 nodes replenished themselves from shards or something right? Do they still replenish themselves by shards in tc4? I guess I just want to know if there is any reprocussions if I mine out all the local shards...
No repercussions for mining shards

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Is there an explination of everything in the taint biome? How to combat it? Any uses for it? What are the misquito type things I can't hit? Thaum book doesn't say anything about it.