The rebirth of IC2 ?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
judging from what i heard about changes, it looks more like raising a zombie rather rebirth.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You can see some of the changes previewed in Direwolf20's latest Forgecraft2 series on youtube, starting episode 4.

You'll be surprised to see that IC2 is assimilating some concepts originally seen in GregTech - introducing metal plates, or having a centrifuge, and so on. However, so far it seems to do so without affecting other mods and/or vanilla, and without the extremely roundabout way of doing some things that GregTech has.

This definitely has potential.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
If you saw the new direwolf20's forgecraft 2 episode (episode 4) you'll see some of the changes.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently Greg is now a official IC2 dev and is bringing some of his concepts into default IC2 to breath new life into its undead corpse. Which is great as long as he keeps the hard core concepts in Gregtech and does not add them to default IC2. As I highly doubt that player or richardG would allow him to turn IC2 into a hard core only mod.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently Greg is now a official IC2 dev and is bringing some of his concepts into default IC2 to breath new life into its undead corpse. Which is great as long as he keeps the hard core concepts in Gregtech and does not add them to default IC2. As I highly doubt that player or richardG would allow him to turn IC2 into a hard core only mod.

You'll be surprised to find that Greg's the one doing backend and API coding, while the content changes are pushed by sfplayer and the other IC2 maintainers (though doubtlessly they asked Greg for permission).

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I want to pop in and say something i found:
Ic2 is just like the butler model of tourism (picture below)

IC2 is currently at stage 6, where it either dies off or becomes a new.
Its really really funny, it fits in so perfectly xD

Attachments

• butlersmodel.jpg
    butlersmodel.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 466

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Seems Uranium is now more complex. I see smt that looks like Uranium 235 (?) from one of the UE mods. Plus Uranium "drop".

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Just have a look at this:

.... so, all you folks who said that "him" wouldn't be allowed to make changes to the play mechanics. We get to laugh at you now.

Reactions: Fahrun

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Moved to Mod Discussion. Merged ICount's post in.

Friendly Mod Warning: If this turns into another lynch mob for Greg we will shut this thread down and drop Warning Points on accounts this go round, as we have closed at least two such threads in the past 24 hours. Review this policy before posting and if you can't abide by it, don't post. Keep away from personal attacks, on fellow forum members as well as on mod developers who may or may not be here to defend themselves. Keep the discussion to the mechanics and to how they relate to modded Minecraft gameplay, to the direction of IC2 as a mod itself, and the like. This can be readily done without tangents that impugn on the personal character of the participants in working on IC2. It's really that simple. Be Nice.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I want to pop in and say something i found:
Ic2 is just like the butler model of tourism (picture below)

IC2 is currently at stage 6, where it either dies off or becomes a new.
Its really really funny, it fits in so perfectly xD

And in the real business world they already develop new products when their current one is at consolidation. Rebirth is just an extra money income :b

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
.... so, all you folks who said that "him" wouldn't be allowed to make changes to the play mechanics. We get to laugh at you now.
This wasn't Greg though, he's still only doing backend work.

So it's exactly what some of us wanted, some of the GT stuff is being rolled into IC2, but none of the super-tedious stuff. I can't wait to try it

BigBrother_

Jul 29, 2019
it seems like it's ore processing things are a mix of GT industrial grinder and also with some mechanics of mekanism in the way that you have to purify the ores and you'll get a little plus ( small dusts )

I like it a lot actually, and i hope it'll turn out great

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't sound bad, but I'll withhold any "official" judgments until we get at least a semi-finished product on our hands.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really hoping they're going to add some new, exiting and fun stuff to IC. I am also hoping they're not going into either the GregTech route ("make everything take 10 times as much time") or into the direction a lot of mods go that want to be 'better' than other mods ("ore doubling, HAH! we give you TEN ingots for every ore!"). How it plays out we'll have to see. I am exited to see some movement atleast, currently in my builds I don't use IC at all anymore.