The rebirth of IC2 ?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by BigBrother_, Aug 25, 2013.

1. mushroom taco

mushroom taco New Member

Alright alright alright alright alright i'm completely lost.
    That's what i get for taking a break for a month :p
    D-does this mean you "scan" items in a machine and use liquid UU matter to make it?

I LOVE IT

MagusUnion likes this.
  2. SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox New Member

Yeah, there's three separate machines now. A Massfab for creating liquid UUM, a Scanner for scanning items, and a third machine for forming liquid UUM into specific items depending on what items you have stored in the adjacent scanner.

3. mushroom taco

mushroom taco New Member

Heh heh... i really need to read the 2 months worth of jenkins build changelogs i missed.

4. Yusunoha

Yusunoha New Member

automated crop farming and better cross-breeding would also be nice.
    it'd also be nice if crops became more mid-game instead of end-game

ApSciLiara likes this.
  5. RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter New Member

Crops with a bit of Weed-Ex is a fair way to get more out of things like wheat and such. I really do wish weeds weren't a concern, though. There's quite a line between realism and fun.

SatanicSanta likes this.
  6. Omicron

Omicron New Member

I tossed a suggestion to rework the crop system up over on the IC2 forums. Such a thing will probably have a low priority, however - they've an e-net to fix and core mechanics to overhaul.

7. Dravarden

Dravarden New Member

As slowpoke said, you can feel the greg influence in ic2.

And speaking about crops, I thought nobody never used them since they are totally useless.

8. Siro

Siro New Member

Crops are incredibly useful in conjunction with other things because of their ability to produce things without needing to replant and bypass soil/"next-to-water" requirements.

9. PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs Forum Addict Trusted User

I use them to grow pumpkins for seed oil and for MFR biofuel.

Flipz likes this.
  10. Flipz

Flipz New Member

Same here, with plain melons as well.

11. Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix Too Much Free Time

Crops are EPIC early game, its an easy way to grow carrots and potatoes in bulk. Pumpkins and melons are friggin ridiculous with them too. Sugarcane- no problems. And later on the nether-wart works a treat!
    (1.2.5- 1.5ish- unless the recipe in 1.6 changed to iridium instead of sticks or something)

PierceSG and SpitefulFox like this.
  12. draeath

draeath New Member

Indeed, it makes it easy to have a small farm that you can just click spam to gather, and not have to worry about replanting.

13. Celestialphoenix

Dont have to spam click- last time I was able to walk sideways with my coffee cup on the mouse

14. Siro

Siro New Member

Or just use it with an mfr harvester. Farms can then be vertically stacked quite densely.

15. Dravarden

Dravarden New Member

You rather automatically replant and manual gathering (IC2 crops) or automatically gathering and manual replanting (vanilla crops) and you can't have both. Without taking into account other mods that is.

I chose number 2

16. Celestialphoenix

Erm... early game guys???
    like stone-age early game. ​

17. Omicron

Omicron New Member

Now now Celestialphoenix, everyone knows that "early game" is defined as about three 36 HP boilers fully heated up! Who starts by punching wood nowadays? That's like, so 2011.

... :p

whizzball1, RedBoss and SpitefulFox like this.
  18. SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox New Member

IC2 crops were my best friend back when Netherwart could only normally be grown in the Nether. :)

Pokefenn and ApSciLiara like this.
  19. 57782

57782 New Member

I could see the plants that produce ink sacs being useful as an alternative to a mfr squidfarm. No more squid hunting for thaumcraft research, ars magica 2 spell writing and mystcraft books.

20. Steel

Steel New Member

Oh yeah, I use the crap out of IC2 crops in the early game. Easy access to renewable dyes (I just wish I could get green dye with them too, instead of having to make a side cactus farm) and super easy food. After that, later in the tech tree, a watermelon farm harvested by GT Crop Harvesters will generate stupid amounts of watermelons for running in recyclers.