The rebirth of IC2 ?

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Alright alright alright alright alright i'm completely lost.
That's what i get for taking a break for a month :p
The only thing I've ever used UUM for was to make water so I could flood the Nether. Is that still possible with the new UUM system? I don't think it is, since you need the item in the first place to scan.
D-does this mean you "scan" items in a machine and use liquid UU matter to make it?

I LOVE IT

Reactions: MagusUnion

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Alright alright alright alright alright i'm completely lost.
That's what i get for taking a break for a month :p

D-does this mean you "scan" items in a machine and use liquid UU matter to make it?

I LOVE IT

Yeah, there's three separate machines now. A Massfab for creating liquid UUM, a Scanner for scanning items, and a third machine for forming liquid UUM into specific items depending on what items you have stored in the adjacent scanner.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there's three separate machines now. A Massfab for creating liquid UUM, a Scanner for scanning items, and a third machine for forming liquid UUM into specific items depending on what items you have stored in the adjacent scanner.
Heh heh... i really need to read the 2 months worth of jenkins build changelogs i missed.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Crops with a bit of Weed-Ex is a fair way to get more out of things like wheat and such. I really do wish weeds weren't a concern, though. There's quite a line between realism and fun.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I tossed a suggestion to rework the crop system up over on the IC2 forums. Such a thing will probably have a low priority, however - they've an e-net to fix and core mechanics to overhaul.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
As slowpoke said, you can feel the greg influence in ic2.

And speaking about crops, I thought nobody never used them since they are totally useless.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
As slowpoke said, you can feel the greg influence in ic2.

And speaking about crops, I thought nobody never used them since they are totally useless.

Crops are incredibly useful in conjunction with other things because of their ability to produce things without needing to replant and bypass soil/"next-to-water" requirements.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, it makes it easy to have a small farm that you can just click spam to gather, and not have to worry about replanting.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You rather automatically replant and manual gathering (IC2 crops) or automatically gathering and manual replanting (vanilla crops) and you can't have both. Without taking into account other mods that is.

I chose number 2

Jul 29, 2019
I could see the plants that produce ink sacs being useful as an alternative to a mfr squidfarm. No more squid hunting for thaumcraft research, ars magica 2 spell writing and mystcraft books.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I use the crap out of IC2 crops in the early game. Easy access to renewable dyes (I just wish I could get green dye with them too, instead of having to make a side cactus farm) and super easy food. After that, later in the tech tree, a watermelon farm harvested by GT Crop Harvesters will generate stupid amounts of watermelons for running in recyclers.