The Overworld is Overrated (Nether-Only Picture-through)

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Alright @Staxed and @Padfoote, I've begun Orthanc.

http://i.imgur.com/dUlNE0S.png

Also, from discussion with Padfoote on IRC, I think I may be releasing this pack on a launcher once I get everything set up, which will be once this world is "complete".

Edit: I should add that all of that stone took FOREVER to get. This is probably gonna be a big project.

Do you know how tall it's going to be, and how large the footprint is? Curious to see the size compared to the one I have planned :D

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Do you know how tall it's going to be, and how large the footprint is? Curious to see the size compared to the one I have planned :D

I don't know exactly what he's planning to do with the size, but I know in IRC he said that the base is starting out around y=37 or so.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So, since I plan to make this a public or semi-public pack, @trajing has agreed to help me test it :D

Also, mostly for my own future reference, I will probably be using lava -> solid fueled RC boiler for my power gen.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So, since I plan to make this a public or semi-public pack, trajing has agreed to help me test it :D

Also, mostly for my own future reference, I will probably be using lava -> solid fueled RC boiler for my power gen.
If this is gonna be public, you're gonna add RotaryCraft for water generation, right? I mean, just because your computer apparently = toaster, doesn't mean we shouldn't have a viable source of water that doesn't take trickery to work, right?

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Needs more Hellfish, just for trajing. :p
[22:25:03] <trajing> I hope hellfish are disabled..
If this is gonna be public, you're gonna add RotaryCraft for water generation, right? I mean, just because your computer apparently = toaster, doesn't mean we shouldn't have a viable source of water that doesn't take trickery to work, right?
probably; depends on if im lazy or not

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, meet configurer Jr!
.. In all seriousness though, I'll be configuring a bunch of my favorite mods with this pack, and @SatanicSanta might, *might* put them in disabled by default. Did thaumcraft change its modpack policy, or will I have to just post the config on pastebin?
That said, I'm not sure about Ex Nihilo or Ex Aliquo either. Don't worry, SatanicSanta, composting can be disabled.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Perfect, now enable them without telling him. :p
Hey, meet configurer Jr!
.. In all seriousness though, I'll be configuring a bunch of my favorite mods with this pack, and @SatanicSanta might, *might* put them in disabled by default. Did thaumcraft change its modpack policy, or will I have to just post the config on pastebin?
That said, I'm not sure about Ex Nihilo or Ex Aliquo either. Don't worry, SatanicSanta, composting can be disabled.
I'll be in the configs anyway, Padfoote. :p

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
They're already enabled :p

yes
you can't really use it without having access to the overworld, however
I mentioned Ex Nihilo and Ex Aliquo for a reason however. There are a few ways to get shards with it. Some of them I'm not sure are possible in the nether, but I can always add extra recipes as soon as I figure out MineTweaker.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I mentioned Ex Nihilo and Ex Aliquo for a reason however. There are a few ways to get shards with it. Some of them I'm not sure are possible in the nether, but I can always add extra recipes as soon as I figure out MineTweaker.
I wrote a guide for it, it's on the wiki. And again, Ex Nihilo/Aliquo seem useless to me. You can already get all the things necessary for the mods in the pack

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
you can't really use it without having access to the overworld, however

If you have MFR (I'd check the mod list, but mobile posting sucks) I think the mining laser can spawn the infused ores. Oh, and if you want someone else to test, I'm up for it.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If you have MFR (I'd check the mod list, but mobile posting sucks) I think the mining laser can spawn the infused ores. Oh, and if you want someone else to test, I'm up for it.
MFR is in the pack, haven't yet decided on how I'm going to get Rubber, so it's currently unusable. I'll figure out a recipe for rubber saplings.