The Overworld is Overrated (Nether-Only Picture-through)

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Thanks for adding the file, I'll start working on tracking down all the mods this weekend.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You should just install those Exhilo mods, you are basically doing a skyblock map but not as boring.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
By the way, Aqueous Accumulators can create water without source blocks, just very slowly. Eventually though you'll get a bucket, so you could technically have it feed into an Igneous Extruder until you have enough. Also, Sprinklers can run off an Aqueous without source blocks.
I don't think that works in the nether does it?

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Santa, you have inspired me to follow your lead with my own version of this challenge, though with fewer mods:

Blood Magic
Carpenter's Blocks
Chisel
Expanded Redstone
Mekanism (All three)
Natura
Nether Ores
NEI (Obviously)
Project Red (No Mechnical or Compat)
Railcraft
Rotarycraft
Reactorcraft
LiquidXP

The only issues I can find with this is the lack of dirt production, and the lack of ender pearls. I'm not sure what I can add to fix this, that won't be adding mods that mess up my sense of balance or just be hugely redundant. (Added Ex Nihlio, with sieves and most of the barrel recipes disabled) There's also a lack of access to sugar, which could be problematic later on...

I'm also debating on adding Tinker's Construct. I prefer the vanilla tool system, but it also adds a lot of other features that I like...

Last edited:
Reactions: SatanicSanta

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Santa, you have inspired me to follow your lead with my own version of this challenge, though with fewer mods:

Blood Magic
Carpenter's Blocks
Chisel
Expanded Redstone
Mekanism (All three)
Natura
Nether Ores
NEI (Obviously)
Project Red (No Mechnical or Compat)
Railcraft
Rotarycraft
Reactorcraft
LiquidXP

The only issues I can find with this is the lack of dirt production, and the lack of ender pearls. I'm not sure what I can add to fix this, that won't be adding mods that mess up my sense of balance or just be hugely redundant. (Added Ex Nihlio, with sieves and most of the barrel recipes disabled) There's also a lack of access to sugar, which could be problematic later on...

I'm also debating on adding Tinker's Construct. I prefer the vanilla tool system, but it also adds a lot of other features that I like...
If you need sugar cane for paper you can make paper out of logs by pulverizing them, I believe.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
If you need sugar cane for paper you can make paper out of logs by pulverizing them, I believe.
Grinding*
Notice there's no Thermal Expansion on that list. This was on purpose.

Also, It's not for paper, it's for sugar. And I suppose it's not absolutely vital, but it will cut out a lot of things for me... I'll probably add a recipe to convert heat vines into sugar or something.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Since you're using Ender IO, can you use the reservoir for infinite water and just place your aqueous accumulater on it after you set it to auto output mode?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Grinding*
Notice there's no Thermal Expansion on that list. This was on purpose.

Also, It's not for paper, it's for sugar. And I suppose it's not absolutely vital, but it will cut out a lot of things for me... I'll probably add a recipe to convert heat vines into sugar or something.
Glowshrooms in a crusher makes sense to be a recipe for sugar to me.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
So I knew you could do this, but I never got up to actually doing it. When I saw Nether smeltery, I remembered my idea, but still didn't do it. However, with this post, I did. I really like this concept, and the pictures motivated me.
My pack, however, is modified Monster. I removed a bunch of mods, and added a few others.
I wanted AE, so I installed DartCraft to freeze nether quartz, and the other neat stuff.
I've added NetherX by recommendation of a friend, adds a way of crafting (not placing) water in the nether, so I can get obsidian and cobble more easily than you.
Surprisingly, adding a few mods to Monster brought up a silly ammount of id conflicts and errors, I had to remove extra bees due to conflict with NetherX (both add poison, weirdly enough it's not fluid id or something like that, I can't do anything about it).

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Since you're using Ender IO, can you use the reservoir for infinite water and just place your aqueous accumulater on it after you set it to auto output mode?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I thought Reservoirs are from RoC?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Alright @Staxed and @Padfoote, I've begun Orthanc.

http://i.imgur.com/dUlNE0S.png

Also, from discussion with Padfoote on IRC, I think I may be releasing this pack on a launcher once I get everything set up, which will be once this world is "complete".

Edit: I should add that all of that stone took FOREVER to get. This is probably gonna be a big project.

Reactions: Padfoote

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Alright @Staxed and @Padfoote, I've begun Orthanc.

http://i.imgur.com/dUlNE0S.png

Also, from discussion with Padfoote on IRC, I think I may be releasing this pack on a launcher once I get everything set up, which will be once this world is "complete".

Edit: I should add that all of that stone took FOREVER to get. This is probably gonna be a big project.
Is there any way (even slow) to get water with the mods you're running?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Is there any way (even slow) to get water with the mods you're running?

It's possible TE3 can slowly generate it, but I haven't tried it. I'll probably test some things and then throw ideas at Santa later.