Open Server The Digital Factor|FTB: Unleashed + GregTech|Open|25 Slots|24/7|MCPC Plus|Grief Prevention|PVE

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
The Digital Factor FTB Server
Server IP: 108.174.57.176:25865
Current Modpack Version Number: v1.0.5
Due to being heavily based off the Unleashed pack, this modpack will usually update when Unleashed does. Be prepared.

The Modpack:
How to Download:
This modpack is listed as a private pack on the FTB Launcher. It uses the code "dfpack". Enter that code exactly as it is written here (without the quotation marks) and you'll be all set. If you do not know how to install a private mod pack, click this link and it'll teach you how to do it: http://bit.ly/DFPInstall

What is the Modpack?:
This modpack is basically just FTB: Unleashed with GregTech. There are a few other changes though. Several of the disabled mods are now enabled like Nether Ores, Power Converters, Vending Block, and Xeno's Reliquary. We have also replaced Biomes O Plenty with ExtraBiomesXL as we are more familiar with that mod. We will replace ExtraBiomesXL back with Biomes O Plenty on the next map.

Suggest Mods for 1.6.4:

We are preparing to switch to 1.6.4 and we would like to use this time to take suggestions from the community on what mods we should add. You can read more information and suggest them at this steam forum thread: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DigitalFactor/discussions/1/630800445633086413/

Important Server Info:
Description:

This is a server aimed towards the involvement of everyone. We want this to feel like everyone's server, not just ours. We value the opinions of the people who play on the server and we would like to work together to make a fun server for everyone to play on.

Gameplay Information:
1.) The server is running on Normal Difficulty in all worlds.
2.) PVP is disabled on the server. It's set to PVE instead (Player vs Environment).
3.) GregTech is enabled on its default settings from the Unhinged pack.
4.) The Modular Powersuits recipes are only on Thermal Expansion and GregTech mode. You can use either one to make your Powersuits!

5) Multiverse is currently being used to provide a spawn world and test worlds for our staff to try to make the server better.
6.) There is a world border on the server. It is 25,000 blocks away from spawn in all directions.
7.) The gravity gun only lets you pick up entities (excluding players) to prevent grief.

8.) Just as a warning, after 15 minutes of being AFK, you will be kicked to make room for somebody else. You can easily rejoin though.

Disabled Items:
1.) Nukes - Griefing
2.) Mystcraft Ages - Lag
3.) Mining, Digging, and Felling turtles - Griefing (Allowed to donators)
4.) All chunk loaders except the one titled "Chunk Loader" - Lag
5.) Wands of Excavation, Frost, and Equal Trade - Griefing (Allowed to donators)
6.) Defense Stations - PVP and Stealing
7.) The normal IC2 and BC2 pumps (Anything other than those are fine) - Lag
8.) Arcane and Tunnel Bores - Lag and Griefing

9.) Shovel of the Earthmover - Griefing (Allowed to donators)
10.) Sticky and Regular Dynamite - Griefing

11.) CF Sprayer - Griefing
12.) We will disable more items if they become an issue.

Voice Server Information:
We run a Mumble server alongside our FTB one. Come and check it out.
Mumble IP: 216.246.108.148
PORT: 64776

Steam Group Information:
We have a Steam group that we would like for our active members to join. This is a great place to find information regarding the server! You can find it at:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DigitalFactor

Notable Plugins:
1.) Essentials
2.) GriefPrevention
3.) LogBlock
4.) Buycraft
5.) Multiverse
6.) PluginController
7.) WorldEdit
8.) WorldGaurd
9.) WorldBorder

What Happens To Old Maps:
Whenever we need to switch maps, we will make the map(s) available for download and post the download link(s) in an easy to find area. We will post a link to the download whenever it becomes available. NOTE: Not all maps may be made available for various reasons. For example, the very first map was corrupted when I was transferring it. Keep that in mind.

Rules:
General Rules:
1.) Be Respectful
2.) Be Ethical
3.) Use Common Sense
4.) No Griefing (Duh)
5.) No Stealing (Duh, Again)
6.) No Trolling
7.) No Excessive Swearing (Some is fine)
8.) No Racism
9.) No hacking or cheating of any kind.
10.) No spamming.
11.) No leaving floating trees.
12.) Do not build inappropriate things.
13.) Don't be a douche.
14.) Don't beg anybody for anything.
15.) Mining Lasers are for mining purposes ONLY.
16.) No one except for Admins have the ability to change the time.

17.) Do not use the Buildcraft Filler to mine.
18.) Turn OFF all quarries, engines, and machines when you are not online.
19.) Limit of 1 Quarry per household, not per person.
20.) Limit of 18 chunks loaded per person.
21.) The Admins have the final say on anything not covered in the rules.
22.) If you are unsure about anything, contact a mod or admin.

Courtesy Rules:
1.) Don't junk up the place (Ex: Random blocks, messed up buildings, etc. Make things look nice)
2.) Replant trees after chopping them down.
3.) Remove all 1x1 towers and other temporary structures.
4.) If you plan on building near another player, make sure to get permission before doing so.
5.) Do not kill all the animals! Leave some for other players!

Last edited:

drave

Jul 29, 2019
I also noticed your gear isn't being transported to the nether, so any mining there seems like an impossible task

This is fixed now :D

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
I also noticed your gear isn't being transported to the nether, so any mining there seems like an impossible task

This is fixed now :D
If there are any more issues, just let me know. I always feel better knowing I made something work better.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
We've discovered that there was a "secret" update to the Ultimate pack sometime between the v1.0.1 release and now. It updated Twilight Forest and we have finally updated the server to that version. If you've been playing on the same version as the server, you'll have to use the "Force Update" option on the Ultimate pack. For those who had the latest version the whole time and could not join because of it, we apologize for the inconvenience.

drave

Jul 29, 2019
We've discovered that there was a "secret" update to the Ultimate pack sometime between the v1.0.1 release and now. It updated Twilight Forest and we have finally updated the server to that version. If you've been playing on the same version as the server, you'll have to use the "Force Update" option on the Ultimate pack. For those who had the latest version the whole time and could not join because of it, we apologize for the inconvenience.

I told you it was plugin discrepancy :p
Thanks for updating though :)

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect the server went down and requires Cap'n Digital to give it a nice hard kick, but he's not available until this evening. Unless I'm mistaken, it sounds like Cap'n could use a first lieutenant for the times he's unavailable. I'm sure he can work something out; it's such a neat server.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
I apologize for the trouble with the server. I checked McMyAdmin earlier and it reported the server was up and working. Something happened over the night and I wasn't able to tell something happened when I checked this morning. It's working now.

mysterysolved

Jul 29, 2019
just wanted to give a shoutout to this server. it's a really great server--it's fun, laid-back, the admin is always there to help, and the members are friendly. thanks for such a great server, digital!

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
just wanted to give a shoutout to this server. it's a really great server--it's fun, laid-back, the admin is always there to help, and the members are friendly. thanks for such a great server, digital!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy the server. =)

Server just crashed I think, 7 people were on it at the time....
I'm not sure what causes these crashes. Based on the server logs, it's something involving a player action. I'll look into it a bit more.

CreeperBrute

Jul 29, 2019
You are definitely one of the most caring and helpful owners I've seen. Keep up the great server!

I highly recommend this server to people.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Server went down at about 19:30 EST. Would appreciate it if you or someone could bring it back up sometime soon ^_^

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
CreeperBrute got stuck in an alternate universe version of The End. He needs a little help when you get a chance. Not sure how it happened. He said he tried to do /home, and did NOT use a linking book.