The Creation of Omega3 a Base Mass Producing Every Craftable Item [VIDEOS NOW ADDED]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tjaden

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to Omega3
LIVESTREAMIMG HERE
Omega3 Is my current project, I've been trying to find new ways to entertain myself in FTB/Minecraft all together, so along side starting up a YouTube Let's Play found here, I decided to really challenge myself and try to create an amazingly aesthetic build yet also 100% functional. My end goal is to be able to mass produce every single craftable item in game from this one base. This is how Omega3 started.​
Everything I will be doing towards the creation of Omega3 is completely legit, every item and resource has been crafted by hand/mined/quarried and no spawning is involved. I believe that this will really challenge me, considering I've always had problems creating large Aesthetic builds, I thought why not make it even harder and make it 100% functional as well.​
On this forum thread I will be documenting everything, almost like a blog but I will be updating this thread with new pictures and descriptions every time something major has been added, whether its a Building Upgrade/Creation or a new functionality of the base added. Not only this but I will be creating this base in my LP series on YouTube once again found here, So if you are looking for videos going in depth on how certain things work and how I created different parts of Omega3 please watch the series, there will be roughly 1-2 videos a week 30+ minutes long detailing what I have done since the last episode. I could also really use some feedback on the series as-well as Omega3 It self.​
Omega3 Is going to be broken up into individual levels/sections/towers doing different things, some of the basic levels/sections/towers I am planning for so far include:​
EnviroSynth - The Environment level where everything related to nature is created ranging from trees, to wheat, to pork chops and to bees.​
Industries+ - The Industrial level where all Industrial items/machines are created and housed, this will include the processing machines as well as the creation of Industrial Parts and Machines.​
The BuildZone - The BuildZone is going to be where all big machines/parts will be created, for example all the Machine Casings for GT will be created here aswell as house the MultiBlock GT machines.​
The AntiMatter Chamber - The AntiMatter Chamber is where I am going to be building all my Matter Fabricators to create the substance known as UU, this will be one of the key items required for this project so I will be mass producing this at extremely high levels.​
The FR Chamber - You can all probably guess but this is where I will be placing the Fusion reactors, I plan on having more than 1 to generate the insane amounts of power Omega3 will require.​
Aquatics Combined - Aquatics Combined will be one of the largest rooms/chambers in Omega 3 and will be dedicated to the production and storage of all Chemical and nonChemical Liquids.​
If you guys can think of anything else I can add room wise, or what to put in each room that would be appreciated, I really want a lot of community input in this project because then it really will become one of the most amazing builds I have ever done. Also bare in mind, I have never got high in GregTech, I never got past Industrial Centrifuges, so for the past 2 weeks I've slowly been getting into them and understanding how GregTech works, and I'm really enjoying it.​
Omega3 is Located on the Joe-Craft Ultimate FTB server run by me and another. The server is whitelisted, we may be opening up the whitelist for applications again soon, but not in the next week or so.​
Now I expect you've all been waiting for this, so here are the pictures and current status of Omega3​
2ziv50h.png
Welcome to Omega3, at this point in time, approximately 1 real time day had been put in to the creation, really only focusing on the looks and design.​
f10exi.jpg
The stairs will lead down every side to square platforms, which then lead to the basic ore processing room. The square platforms will also branch off into different sections and levels.​
33ndsvl.jpg
Currently the pit is only 27 Blocks deep, but will eventually be expanded down to bed rock where the fusion reactors will be located.​
wu1b9.jpg
Obsidian Framed Windows, I quite like the look of this.​
2znohol.jpg
My original plan, and what i think i'm going to stick too, was to base the entire project around a middle collum which goes down to the bottom of the map, at the very top is my ME system with a 5*5 Molecular Assembler Chamber which I expect I will be expanding.​
358nlnt.jpg
The basic ore processing unit.​
snklmx.jpg
And 1 final Overview of the base from above which shows the possible expansion of Omega3.​
VIDEOS
LP Ep.8 Welcome to Omega3
LP Ep.9
I hope you guys like the look of it and can give me some really cool and awesome ideas that I can expand.​
Thanks​

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
So it's completely legit? The flying and no health and hunger bars is creative, just for taking pictures
the no health/no hunger are questionable, but the flight is legit as he appears to be wearing an advanced jet pack (why bother if you're in creative).

Legit survival or not, looks good so far.

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
... just wow, I thought I could get a lot done in one day... but just... WOW!
Epic idea and I can't wait to see more of Omega3, Good luck to you and your mega build sir *Thumbs up*

DIMT

Jul 29, 2019
At one point, I heard those would just dump out flux, a player needs to activate Crucibles.
I haven't used a wand turtle, but a regular turtle with the turtle.place command while having a wand selected will work. Dropping items from directly above the crucible will sometimes toss them across the room though, I'd suggest buildcraft pipes as turtle output and a short shaft for them to fall into crucible.

Tjaden

Jul 29, 2019
Magic. You're missing magic. Might be hard to automate it.

Magic o_O If I'm honest, I have never in tried Thaumcraft, I might have to give that a go if you guys are interested in it? Also, I turned to creative mode on the server so I could hover and get some good angled photos and also used F1 to hide the hud. Its all legit just using creative till I get myself power armour/gravisuit to get to good perspectives to get some cool looking screenshots.

Looking at what I have already, is there anything you guys would say to add? I'm gonna be recording an episode tonight on how the ore processing works so look forward to that, I'll post it on here when it is uploaded.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Fun fact: Omega 3 is already a thing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid

Anyway, I wish you good luck; I didn't think it was possible to automate EVERY item, but i've never played with AE other than the quartz grinder, so I don't know what is possible :p
I don't know about everything but AE can get damn close.

Magic o_O If I'm honest, I have never in tried Thaumcraft, I might have to give that a go if you guys are interested in it? Also, I turned to creative mode on the server so I could hover and get some good angled photos and also used F1 to hide the hud. Its all legit just using creative till I get myself power armour/gravisuit to get to good perspectives to get some cool looking screenshots.

Looking at what I have already, is there anything you guys would say to add? I'm gonna be recording an episode tonight on how the ore processing works so look forward to that, I'll post it on here when it is uploaded.
Thaumcraft would be interesting for sure.

I figured that the main reason for creative. Especially once I noticed that you were using the Jet Pack and not the MPS Suit. Though you may want to note that in the OP, just to avoid having this converstaion again :).

Anyway, looks good so far.

EDIT: Because english is my first language and I still can't get it right.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you can make a system to consistently automate TC3 stuff, I'd be very interested in seeing how you do it.

Tjaden

Jul 29, 2019
If you can make a system to consistently automate TC3 stuff, I'd be very interested in seeing how you do it.

What in Thaumcraft would I be automating though? Like what would I need to automate? What should I make it do?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
What in Thaumcraft would I be automating though? Like what would I need to automate? What should I make it do?
Automate the creation of Crystal Clusters. This will require you to be able to automate essentia production (and storage) and you'll have to find a way to automate the Infusion Altar. I haven't seen anyone automate anything with the Infusion Altar.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumium Factory? Alumentum/Nitor?
Thaumcraft Ore Processing?
Golem Creation System.
Arcane Bore Frame Machine (Is this even possible?)
Arcane Levitator(sp?) Factory
Wand Factory (Produce wand of lighting/fire/Excavation)

Tjaden

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumium Factory? Alumentum/Nitor?
Thaumcraft Ore Processing?
Golem Creation System.
Arcane Bore Frame Machine (Is this even possible?)
Arcane Levitator(sp?) Factory
Wand Factory (Produce wand of lighting/fire/Excavation)

Interesting list, you guys have to bare in mind I've never really used thaumcraft and always skipped those bits in all the LP's I watch, So those things would be the main things yeah? I have no idea how I would do any of that, so it should be a fun project.

QUICK UPDATE:

Just finished installing the stairs, finished off the ore processing added in floor pattern and design, also added in 4 Individual Solar Pillars which lead to 4 individual Solar Flowers, one on each of the squares at the bottom of the stairs, Each solar flower holds 25 Solars, Im planning on using 1 Ultimate Hybrid at the top, 8 Hybrid on the second layer, then 16 Advanced on the bottom layer, this adds up to 100 Solars, I currently have 9 Solars, 1 Hybrid and 9 Advanced, gonna be making some more very shortly.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Automate the creation of Crystal Clusters. This will require you to be able to automate essentia production (and storage) and you'll have to find a way to automate the Infusion Altar. I haven't seen anyone automate anything with the Infusion Altar.
I'm going to have a go once I've finished automating my bees, which is my current project. I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get that far.