The City of Industry

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
I am intersted in joining :D In my last game, i build a completely underwater (LOTS OF GLASS) factory with many different elements.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like an awesome project. Good luck to y'all!
Also, your IRC chan is empty. :p
Heh whoops. My internet has been unreliable recently, so that's my excuse. Not sure about everyone else though. I'll pester them to hang out on IRC more.

And thanks for the well wishes! :)

I am intersted in joining :D In my last game, i build a completely underwater (LOTS OF GLASS) factory with many different elements.

I'll chat with Tompa. He'll probably send you a message.

Also Oh goodness. My name is on the OP. Guess I should be more active on this forum, huh? :p

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how I've missed this thread until now, what you've got so far looks awesome. I was the leader of a town on the Nearby Nation server a few months ago and I consider myself pretty good with architecture, particularly detailed stuff with Redpower blocks. I tend to be more into the building side than my 9x9 dwelling compatriots anyway. :p

Here's a pretty billboard I did on the hill above the town, it's backlit at night using a light sensor and a load of lamps.

If I was given a place I'd happily spend my time on city building over mod contraptions although I'm capable of both of course. I'm particularly excited about what I can come up with using Xycraft blocks, stained glass and good old microblocks. Anyway if you have room for me I'd be willing to devote a good chunk of my play time to this project, it's certainly my sort of thing!

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019

First of all: thank you alot :) well have a Lot of fun and would be amazed over some hints with bees ;)
And about the irc. 3 of us are GMT +1 and as far as i know you are us :p so you should try to reach us a little earlier. Id appreciate that a Lot.

And Magic im gonna Look over that again After work :)

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Flora! Thanks for the whishes. We haven't come very far yet, due to bad servers and no RP. I can't wait to start things properly.

Regarding IRC: Yeah, I haven't filled it the last couple of days. I hope, as soon as we situate ourselves on a server, and once RP is out, there will be more frequent visits to that channel =)

Hello there! If you are interested, please PM me with some samples of your builds. We will want to emphasize design with good function. If you can show off some of your earlier builds, you would have a much greater chance of joining us.

I don't know how I've missed this thread until now, what you've got so far looks awesome. I was the leader of a town on the Nearby Nation server a few months ago and I consider myself pretty good with architecture, particularly detailed stuff with Redpower blocks. I tend to be more into the building side than my 9x9 dwelling compatriots anyway. :p

Here's a pretty billboard I did on the hill above the town, it's backlit at night using a light sensor and a load of lamps.

If I was given a place I'd happily spend my time on city building over mod contraptions although I'm capable of both of course. I'm particularly excited about what I can come up with using Xycraft blocks, stained glass and good old microblocks. Anyway if you have room for me I'd be willing to devote a good chunk of my play time to this project, it's certainly my sort of thing!
Greetings! We are looking for more staff members, indeed. I'd love to see more examples of your previous builds. If you can PM me these we can talk more.

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings! We are looking for more staff members, indeed. I'd love to see more examples of your previous builds. If you can PM me these we can talk more.

Thanks! I need to dig some more screenshots from the old server up from my old PC but I'll drop you a message later or tomorrow.

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
--snip--
Hello there! If you are interested, please PM me with some samples of your builds. We will want to emphasize design with good function. If you can show off some of your earlier builds, you would have a much greater chance of joining us.
--snip--

CC incorporation is possible as i am getting more familiar with the redpower integration in 1.2.5,

Challenges are welcome,:mad:

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, it looks like we'll have our own server to build on. Not a GREAT server, but a decent one, and it'll be plenty for what we need. Hosted through Multiplay. Which means we can get started VERY soon. :D

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, it looks like we'll have our own server to build on. Not a GREAT server, but a decent one, and it'll be plenty for what we need. Hosted through Multiplay. Which means we can get started VERY soon. :D
Yes, finally we seem to be on our way for real. Things are looking very good, and we are eager to start! This will be fun :D

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
News: We now have an actual server of our own set up to build on. Its not the best server (Its 8 slots with a gig of RAM), but I will serve our purposes well enough for now. Stay tuned for pictures once we get started :) (though we may end up needing to wait for RP before we get the big stuff done. We need marble, dangit!)

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
The Latest News

• 18 dec - We are still awaiting the release of RP2 before we can start for real. In the meantime we have moved our conversations from the limiting conversation system of this very forum, to another forum. Feel free to drop by, to see and engage in our discussions. Please respect the rules we have set up. Follow this link to get there.
  • 18 dec - Our recruitment of staff members is now closed. We currently have a staff of eight, which is a good number as well as it is the current player cap on our server.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
The Latest News
  • 10 Jan - We're still awaiting the release of the Ultimate Pack. The packs released so far are missing a few of the mods we need in one way or another, and the MindCrack pack seems to be crashing a lot.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Could we eventually have the map (or parts of it) for download? I'd love to play on this masterpiece with myself and 3 friends and do pvp on it.

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
Could we eventually have the map (or parts of it) for download? I'd love to play on this masterpiece with myself and 3 friends and do pvp on it.
We'll see about that. It is not impossible but it is a long time still until we will be even close to be half finished.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I planned on uploading the map somewhere once we were done. Or, if people are willing to donate to get a server running, we could host a world that has the City as the main spawn area :p

Reactions: Chocorate

zlim3z

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea of showing the city to everyone, Ill be recording videos for YT, But A look-around server or map uploads might be something we could consider :D

zlim3z

Jul 29, 2019
NEWS:
Ok, So after the release of the ultimate pack we could finally get started, but the long wait meant that only 3 of us were able to actively work on the project.
We've got the shell of the main building finished, entirely redesigned by myself and we'r ready to go more public with our progress. For anyone still interested, stay tuned, a new topic will be made shortly with the current progress and plans shown, as well as links to our blog and youtube accounts for all the information we will be streaming out to everyone. (I will post the link to the new topic when Its up HERE)

For now, A teaser of the shell we had to operate in before moving out (What, you didn't actually think I was going to show you the main building NOW did you?)
jqmcG4w.jpg