The City of Industry

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
this brings up an interesting idea, when the industrial revolution first took off in great britan there was a mess of slums and shanties that were thrown up in a matter of months, so what about a residential district that has an dilapidated feel, kind of damascus in the 1200s kind of look? we could fill them with testificates to tax to H*ll and back if you guys feel the need to,

this is just a random idea that just popped up in my head, and i know that we have planned having every building have a purpose, but i feel that this would add quite an aesthetic appeal to the project, and frankly turn this from a few industrialized buildings to city worthy of note.

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah =) I just thought of sth like a farmer village or similar, but slum are great as well. But it could be difficult to bring it together with the very futuristic city. We would have to make it a little less futuristic.
And in the end its tompa's decision ^^

About the idea of extracting buildings from the main city, and filling up gaps, you have the last word, Tompa, but I'd really appreciate a hotel-like building, as well as some offices, a firefighter station, some regular train station, space for living (Don't like the idea living in an industrial tower, or in the worst case a penthouse far up =P) etc...
I hope you get what i mean. We HAVE TO fill the city a little, as it would end as an empty liitle, only ressourcewise effective bulk of buildings.
It also adds some asthetic points to have a homogeneous atmosphere in the city =)
Thats it from me for now

PoReGe

Jul 29, 2019
Wow guyz, its just a template... its not even a beta version either. Its just a brainstorm....

First, my suggestion was that we should have a secondary city, smaller, just for forestry machines and bee district... my idea for the barn is he will act like a powerplant, but just for renewable resources. But im far way from the final design, i just posted for u have a preview for what im planning... But if its not fit on our plans, i will just have one more blueprint for my collection, dont worry about it xD

Second, i made it very big so if i want to set more things inside, i will already have room for it without having to rebuild walls and etc... and i want you all to help me too. I want that u can build something inside this too, or replace anything that i built there if isnt good enough... that is the reason im planning to build a semi empty barn on our build server too. =]

Right now im just finishing how will the minecart system will work, i just cant decide yet between logistic pipes or normal pipes.
But i will build it as soon as possible.

PoReGe

Jul 29, 2019
Guyz, i cant connect to the server, i received a weird msg when i tried today...

I cant even read the msg, the texts are overlaping eachother.

mYENe.png

lololol

What can i do? =/

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
yep im getting the same message, i hope its not all that serious im like 80% finished with the digging functions of my quarry program, its only 90 or so lines but this is my first program so it would take quite some time to figure it out again.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
That was an issue with Minecraft's authentication servers, not our server itself :) Should be fixed by tomorrow morning :D

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
well stannek we dont have redpower so deduction would say yes a turtle program, unless there is some other way to dig a quarry with a program?

edit: wow i must be tired my sarcasm is showing......

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Rhinehart_ said:
well stannek we dont have redpower so deduction would say yes a turtle program, unless there is some other way to dig a quarry with a program?

edit: wow i must be tired my sarcasm is showing......

Hehe no Problem. It was a kinda dumb question. But the intention was to Show interest for what you did Till now ;)

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to do those filling up buildings as well. But I'm so dry on ideas for such buildings as it is. It would indeed be cool, but it will take so much planning to make it work and fit with the buildings we already got. If someone could draw a very basic layout on how a city with slums, a fire station etc. etc. together with the buildings we already got, we can go for it.

I really appreciate the ideas you have, but I'm afraid that I'll have to do all the building of those, which I really don't want to. If you can assure that you'll take care of the building of those, then lets do it.

The next step after a map layout would be to find even more inspirational images. If we got those, I might lend a hand. Use the google doc to list ideas, links and map layout for this addition, so we won't only talk about it here, and nothing happens.

Stanekk, I want you to use the Google doc more. You haven't used it for some time. You too PoReGe ;)

PoReGe

Jul 29, 2019
Tompa974 said:
I would like to do those filling up buildings as well. But I'm so dry on ideas for such buildings as it is. It would indeed be cool, but it will take so much planning to make it work and fit with the buildings we already got. If someone could draw a very basic layout on how a city with slums, a fire station etc. etc. together with the buildings we already got, we can go for it.

I really appreciate the ideas you have, but I'm afraid that I'll have to do all the building of those, which I really don't want to. If you can assure that you'll take care of the building of those, then lets do it.

The next step after a map layout would be to find even more inspirational images. If we got those, I might lend a hand. Use the google doc to list ideas, links and map layout for this addition, so we won't only talk about it here, and nothing happens.

Stanekk, I want you to use the Google doc more. You haven't used it for some time. You too PoReGe ;)

Can you send me the link of the .doc file? Since of the restart i lost my archives and all the information that u send me by PM.

EDIT: oh god im having really big issues to join the server again, first those two new mods that u add on server (computercraft and EBXL) have a lot of conflict blocks, so how do you resolve the id problem? u just choose an aleatory number?

Wel... i choosed, and all are working fine on my minecraft, but when i try to connect....

lnRsu.png

I think that is a bug on server because i changed the instance of my multiMC, maybe deleting my char from server resolve this, but idk =/

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: try redownloading the configs from the doc im pm ing you the link

well i finished my Quarryteam program on the server, here's what it can do
it has a programable length and depth,
it digs a quarry in a straight line
when it gets low on fuel or fills up 12 of the 16 inventory it returns to its start point and dumps items and refuels
it then goes back to where it returned from and starts where it left off,

im also planning a "Quarrymaster" program that will deploy the necessary number of turtles for a more rectangular quarry
giving it a programable width so to speak, but the "Quarryteam" program is functional so long as you provide a chest above the turtle with fuel (and a drop point for the items behind the turtles start point) there is an example in the nether on the server.

i say finished but i want to test it out a bit and try making it go haywire to see how it reacts, there is still some optimizing and such to do, plus i want to add some functions so we can change it to enderchests for refueling and dumping of items,
ill soon set up a pastebin and upload it, seeing as im writing this for the project ill leave it up to the rest of you if i post the link for the public.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
For config errors, there's a link on the google docs file. I've basically commandeered a section for server updates and such. As for why I haven't updated anything else, yet, I'm waiting on Mystcraft. Most of the mods need the latest Forge, but Mystcraft doesn't work on that, yet. I'll update when Mystcraft does :p

bluechance12

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've seen, I love it. DW20's 9x9 bug me too - though useful at the beginning, I would rather make something look nice. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
*whistling, hands in pockets, impatiently pacing back and forth, generally waiting for redpower to go public* my mind feels like running a blender filled with screws and other various metal tidbits........ :beg:

PoReGe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guyz, how its going? How about your builds? This weekend i think i will end my barn... here in Brazil we have a big holiday starting today, and i should have some time to finish my stuff!

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guyz, how its going? How about your builds? This weekend i think i will end my barn... here in Brazil we have a big holiday starting today, and i should have some time to finish my stuff!
You're in Brazil? Dude, I'm like right next door. Colombia xD
And most of us aren't really working on the builds much, now. We're going to do some planning on the fly. More fun that way :p So we're just waiting, now :/

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
yes waiting ive taken up terrafirmacraft in the interum, its remarkably entertaining, so entertaining in fact that this is the first post ive had on the forums in over a week i believe, and the only reason im posting now is because the server im on is down atm

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, guys. This is starting to get slightly annoying. Just hang in there and we'll have a blast when the pack is released.