The City of Industry

PoReGe

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, we will have to wait until the pack coming out....

Btw, im playing a game called Kerbal Space Program.... have you heard of this before? Im enjoying a lot so far... =]

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
I have, but it's not my thing. I've been playing Mount & Blade: Warband a lot lately. So much fun @.@

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
alright guys here are my CC programs as of now
http://pastebin.com/u/Rhinehart_
still working on the quarryteam program - got delayed because i realized stripminer worked alot better
soon i will make a wood and charcoal farm

Edit: just updated stripMiner fixing the torchplacing problem

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
So, the Launcher will go off today =) 5 hours left.

What if we start about tonight?! xD

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Woah. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Server's down because I don't have any more money. And the launcher still doesn't have RedPower, yet, so anything that involves that is out.

My activity is kinda in and out. I'm doing things to get ready to go back to college, so I'm available, but not all the time like I was before. Where are we building things?

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
Woah. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Server's down because I don't have any more money. And the launcher still doesn't have RedPower, yet, so anything that involves that is out.

My activity is kinda in and out. I'm doing things to get ready to go back to college, so I'm available, but not all the time like I was before. Where are we building things?

Well, we'll have to find a server to play at. I'll be on the lookout for one once things settles down with the launcher and stuff.

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
So, the Launcher will go off today =) 5 hours left.

What if we start about tonight?! xD
hmmm tonights not good for me, im moving today, but ifyou guys find a server just pm me,

oh btw ive been doing some work on the CC programs so they are a little buggy atm.

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as I said, we'll wait until we find a good server to do it at. Before then, we'll just take it easy. So its no rush Rhine =)

PoReGe

Jul 29, 2019
i guess we should wait for redpower release first... then we start to play.
For all my buildings i need that damn mod xD.

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
i guess we should wait for redpower release first... then we start to play.
For all my buildings i need that damn mod xD.
Yeah, same here. I wanted to start my tower save but then I realized that like 3k (ish?) blocks are marble :p
We could start out in a Mystcraft age and go gathering lots of materials, and then create a main world as RP is released. That should work.

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
Something we should discuss is the way we start, regarding starting machines and such. If we want to be on a server with Gregtech, then going IC for starters will be hard. I suggest we rush Buildcraft/Forestry/Thermal Expansion instead and add IC2 later. I think we will have room for a basic Thermal Expansion line in the Main building room.

What do you guys think?

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
I definitely agree. IC2 is near useless with both TE and GregTech. The only reason I'd use it at all is to get the GraviSuit. On that note, we should put lightning rods on top of the Needle. Could be useful.

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
I definitely agree. IC2 is near useless with both TE and GregTech. The only reason I'd use it at all is to get the GraviSuit. On that note, we should put lightning rods on top of the Needle. Could be useful.

Well, its not that we go for usefulness and efficiency really. I want to use all the mods, and not using IC2 would be a disgrace really, seeing how we have planned with Nuclear reactors and such. :p But I think we should pick it up later on the road once we can.

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
Tompa, as your talking about 1.4.2 now, do you want me to change the title of the thread to 'a 1.4.2 Project'?
Yes please. I looked for that option, but I didn't find it. You got ahead of me asking a moderator :D Thank you!

Still interested joining us, per chance? ;)

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
Yes please. I looked for that option, but I didn't find it. You got ahead of me asking a moderator :D Thank you!

Still interested joining us, per chance? ;)

Done and I think only moderators are able to change the title.
And, thank you for the offer but I have very little time at the moment...

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
Done and I think only moderators are able to change the title.
And, thank you for the offer but I have very little time at the moment...
Yeah, I guessed as much.
Hehe no problems. I'll invite you over to take a look at it some time ;)

Activity check for staff. Go to the Google Doc if you see this. We might have a server that we can join.

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Went there first when i saw the Launcher coming out and made it even faster than you =P
I'm fine with your suggestion of the server and I'm very excited to start.

Furthermore I agree we shouldn't ignore IC!

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
*THE LATEST NEWS*
  • FTB has launched and we have found the server that will shelter us and the city. We will not fully start before all World Gen mods are in place though, so right now we are mostly making basic systems, and no big builds yet.
  • We are currently looking for one or two more players, preferably those who are good with design and architecture. Knowledge in the mods are also important of course. PM me if you are interested in joining us, or:
  • Feel free to /join #cityofindustry on IRC.
  • Activity check for staff. Go to the Google Doc if you see this.