The Best Power Source

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
How much does one of those treadmills produce, anyways? At least 1.21, I would hope.
It's 2 RF per Piggawatt, but yeah, pretty much.
That goes perfectly with my captured squids that I get ink from.
Get with the times, yo! That was nerfed ages ago! You need a few extra sources of plant matter to get good output on those now. Or a few rainbow trees with all 16 colors of dye dropping from them.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Or a few rainbow trees with all 16 colors of dye dropping from them.
That would be quite interesting.
yFPStiu.png

Dark Of The Moon

Jul 29, 2019
When you have around 40 squids with 24 ranchers attached to each of them, the concept of nerf is mute(moot?).

I love those trees, by the way.

Last edited:

Chi347

Jul 29, 2019
So a diverse selection of the worst options on the market. Fun.

but mainly though the lava is just for usage by the machines that power the small stuff that solar grid power most of everything that produces the UU-matter and biomass production systems and the i use some of the biomass to power the stills which in term make the ethanol,also my nuclear reactor is dead and i've decided to not use it anymore even though it outputs 5000EU/t but i can only use it for a short while. i've built another reactor that never explodes but only outputs 320 eu/t

Here's some images
you may have to enlarge to view 2014-03-18_16.30.43.png 2014-03-18_16.30.57.png 2014-03-18_16.31.05.png 2014-03-18_16.31.10.png 2014-03-18_16.31.19.png 2014-03-18_16.31.23.png 2014-03-18_16.31.37.png 2014-03-18_16.31.43.png 2014-03-18_16.30.36.png

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Steam turbine from mfr put water in it not much else to say makes a lot of rf and only needs water nothink else it's around 1000 rf per bucket of water

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Steam turbine from mfr put water in it not much else to say makes a lot of rf and only needs water nothink else it's around 1000 rf per bucket of water
This was a serious bug/exploit, as you could actually power them off of any fluid. This has thankfully been fixed.
but mainly though the lava is just for usage by the machines that power the small stuff that solar grid power most of everything that produces the UU-matter and biomass production systems and the i use some of the biomass to power the stills which in term make the ethanol,also my nuclear reactor is dead and i've decided to not use it anymore even though it outputs 5000EU/t but i can only use it for a short while. i've built another reactor that never explodes but only outputs 320 eu/t

Here's some images
you may have to enlarge to view View attachment 10256 View attachment 10257 View attachment 10258 View attachment 10259 View attachment 10260 View attachment 10261 View attachment 10262 View attachment 10263 View attachment 10264
Again, though, IC2 solar power is seriously one of the worst options available, and lava powered anything is only slightly better. Biomass/ethanol was always somewhat useless(due to forestry being a PITA to get good output from them), until the tree breeding system was added allowing for great amounts of biomass from small amounts of ideal saplings(if they were sappy enough), but then they were nerfed again(and RC Boilers using them were nerfed even harder despite all reason).

The only thing worse then those(IMO) is squid power from MFR, using a bioreactor and inksacks to generate it's biofuel, which was so good that this was nerfed almost into oblivion(and all single input bioreactors with it), but while this was done, using as close to 9(if not actually 9) inputs in a bioreactor was buffed beyond the levels they were at before IIRC, making it much more obvious how you should run those things.

The fact that you are using IC2 Nuclear Reactors is nice enough, but still, not as great as other nuclear reactors out there. Ones that are more realistic and powerful, and ones that are simpler and more powerful, and then there is ReactorCraft, which is insanely realistic and insanely powerful(if built correctly), yet insanely dangerous if built incorrectly and kinda hard on your CPU, like most things by Reika, apparently.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
This was a serious bug/exploit, as you could actually power them off of any fluid. This has thankfully been fixed.

Again, though, IC2 solar power is seriously one of the worst options available, and lava powered anything is only slightly better. Biomass/ethanol was always somewhat useless(due to forestry being a PITA to get good output from them), until the tree breeding system was added allowing for great amounts of biomass from small amounts of ideal saplings(if they were sappy enough), but then they were nerfed again(and RC Boilers using them were nerfed even harder despite all reason).

The only thing worse then those(IMO) is squid power from MFR, using a bioreactor and inksacks to generate it's biofuel, which was so good that this was nerfed almost into oblivion(and all single input bioreactors with it), but while this was done, using as close to 9(if not actually 9) inputs in a bioreactor was buffed beyond the levels they were at before IIRC, making it much more obvious how you should run those things.

The fact that you are using IC2 Nuclear Reactors is nice enough, but still, not as great as other nuclear reactors out there. Ones that are more realistic and powerful, and ones that are simpler and more powerful, and then there is ReactorCraft, which is insanely realistic and insanely powerful(if built correctly), yet insanely dangerous if built incorrectly and kinda hard on your CPU, like most things by Reika, apparently.
It's not fixed as I'm on the latest version of ftb monster 1.1.0 and it works just fine :)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
It's not fixed as I'm on the latest version of ftb monster 1.1.0 and it works just fine :)
I didn't say it was fixed in Monster(which is a modpack, thus has outdated mods as a rule), I said it was fixed. As in, in the current release it's fixed.

Reactions: Padfoote

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The other day, I set up a system to convert charcoal into alumentum. Then DW20 shows exactly the same thing on his LP. Except that I used Steve's Factory Manager to automate, and he mostly used TE3. I had to check the date to see if I had gone back in time. This has happened twice now, the other time was when he set up his autonomous activator XP berry farm.

The SFM is set up to turn on the tree farm fertilizer if I have less than 999 wood, put 1 wood in each of 3 redstone furnaces if I have less than 999 charcoal, and put 2 charcoal in the arcane construct, 2 in the first arcane furnace, and 2 cobble in the other arcane furnace if I have less than 999 alumentum. It keeps 1 alumentum in each arcane furnace, and 1 in each steam dynamo. Also it checks if I have 999 cobblestone, and creates 1 triple compressed cobblestone if I do.

Sure, steam dynamos from an MFR tree farm isn't exactly imaginitive, but I enjoyed making my own personalised variation on the concept. What I like most is that if I want some wood, or some charcoal, or some alumentum, or some cobble, I always have a decent amount of it sitting in a line of chests.

I know, the cobble and charcoal aren't balanced. The system will end up with spare aspects in the ignis/potentia side. Can't do much about that.

Last edited: