The Best Power Source

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PremierCatch

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I have to go with Oil Bees and Lava bees for my means of power production. They are reliable renewable sources of power mid-late game and once you start bee breeding it is a bit hard to stop. Getting up to the status of having both species of bee's is another hassle in itself but totally worth it in the end.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Eiktyrner

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the middle of an oil field. What options do I have to turn it into power? I've only used the combustion engine from BC before but I'm interested in trying something new.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the middle of an oil field. What options do I have to turn it into power? I've only used the combustion engine from BC before but I'm interested in trying something new.
You can use a compression dynamo from TE to produce RF at 80 Rf/t(which converts to 8 mj/t), or you can use a semifluid generator from IC2 to produce EU at 26 EU/t is it?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, semi-fluid generator from GT, if you have a GT Distilation Tower(read: End game item designed for processing fuels like oil) you can start a chain to get some pretty sweet fuels. IIRC Forestry even has support for oil in it's generator(but it still sucks), and of course all the options in the world(so like five at best) if you turn that oil into BC fuel somehow.

Chi347

Jul 29, 2019
I Have been using an ultimate solar grid which produces 118,356 Eu/t or Eu/s something like that and made automated biomass fuel production system to power my bio gas engines and i use the nether rack and magma crucibles and all this is powering all my automated systems like compression, smelting, and Extracting from Ic2 machines. i use an energy bridge to power all my Buildcraft machines and i also have a uu-matter system feeding in to my biomass system :D. also im using a customized unleashed

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I Have been using an ultimate solar grid which produces 118,356 Eu/t or Eu/s something like that and made automated biomass fuel production system to power my bio gas engines and i use the nether rack and magma crucibles and all this is powering all my automated systems like compression, smelting, and Extracting from Ic2 machines. i use an energy bridge to power all my Buildcraft machines and i also have a uu-matter system feeding in to my biomass system :D.
So a diverse selection of the worst options on the market. Fun.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Advanced solars has been my go-to endgame thingummy for the last few packs now. It's expensive to make an Ultimate hybrid but 512EU/t from a single block is just nice.

Unfortunately monster doesn't include it, so i'm having to branch out and explore other types of power. It doesn't help that TE has decided that buildcraft power is passe and they need their own silly energy type, but that's another story.

So far i've tried CompactWindmills, I had an extreme low voltage wind turbine thingy that NEI rated at 8EU/t but actually gave me 1EU/t with a wooden rotor, a bit shite given the amount of iron i needed to make it...Iron is way rarer than it was in previous packs, less even than I remember it being in vanilla FGS. Eventually I managed to get enough to upgrade to a Low Voltage Windmill, which being 4x as powerful as the ELV windmill and rated at a mighty 32EU/t, plus a nice alloy rotor gave me an actual output of...NOTHING. 0EU/t even in a thunderstorm. What a waste of resources that turned out to be.

Fuck that mod, useless bilge.

So I went back to basics and built myself a 36HP solid fuel steam boiler, which then proceeded to eat through all my coal and most of an entire forest of wood blocks.

Such a pain in the arse. Basically as far as I can tell I'm left with the fallback plan of finding a nether fortress and farming enough blaze rods for a couple of ender tanks so I can start pumping oil from the overworld or lava from the nether. Vanilla solutions for modpack problems ^_^

Well I could be even more vanilla and build an enderman farm for ender pearls to make tesseracts, something i'm forced into given the lack of EE in any form.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced solars has been my go-to endgame thingummy for the last few packs now. It's expensive to make an Ultimate hybrid but 512EU/t from a single block is just nice.

Unfortunately monster doesn't include it, so i'm having to branch out and explore other types of power. It doesn't help that TE has decided that buildcraft power is passe and they need their own silly energy type, but that's another story.

So far i've tried CompactWindmills, I had an extreme low voltage wind turbine thingy that NEI rated at 8EU/t but actually gave me 1EU/t with a wooden rotor, a bit shite given the amount of iron i needed to make it...Iron is way rarer than it was in previous packs, less even than I remember it being in vanilla FGS. Eventually I managed to get enough to upgrade to a Low Voltage Windmill, which being 4x as powerful as the ELV windmill and rated at a mighty 32EU/t, plus a nice alloy rotor gave me an actual output of...NOTHING. 0EU/t even in a thunderstorm. What a waste of resources that turned out to be.

Fuck that mod, useless bilge.

So I went back to basics and built myself a 36HP solid fuel steam boiler, which then proceeded to eat through all my coal and most of an entire forest of wood blocks.

Such a pain in the arse. Basically as far as I can tell I'm left with the fallback plan of finding a nether fortress and farming enough blaze rods for a couple of ender tanks so I can start pumping oil from the overworld or lava from the nether. Vanilla solutions for modpack problems ^_^

Well I could be even more vanilla and build an enderman farm for ender pearls to make tesseracts, something i'm forced into given the lack of EE in any form.
TE conduits automatically convert to MJ