Thaumcraft Research Helper, Webbrowser and Windows version available.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Isn't the current Vannila version 1.9? How is 1.8 beta?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Technically, latest stable release is 1.8.9, still waiting for a solid 1.9 release. So far, they're just snapshots.

Can't wait for it, though. That new combat style... can't wait to see what TiCo does with THAT.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
No, the current released version is 1.8, we're still in the midst of 1.9 snapshots, not actual 1.9 release for vanilla

Can't wait for it, though. That new combat style... can't wait to see what TiCo does with THAT.
I can't wait for LegacyCraft to be on 1.9 or someone else to do the same thing and revert the usage cooldown for weapons and ender pearls :p

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Technically, latest stable release is 1.8.9, still waiting for a solid 1.9 release. So far, they're just snapshots.

Me too. Puting quarts on a sword would make it slower, putting redstone would make it faster. Just think of the posibilities!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Me too. Puting quarts on a sword would make it slower, putting redstone would make it faster. Just think of the posibilities!
Frankly I think you listed all the possibilities.
Exept that the cleaver can be designed properly without the need to afflict you with mining fatigue to simulate it's immense weight.

I'd probably make a new damage modifier that acts as a pre nether damage buff. Like a counter weight made of iron and stone. Would boost damage by .5 of heart for 10% slowness or whatever amount could counter one level of redstone it could be applied 3 times.
Quartz could be changed to provide a percentage damage buff from 1% to 25-30% or an amount that's balanced for the new combat paradigm.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Frankly I think you listed all the possibilities.
Exept that the cleaver can be designed properly without the need to afflict you with mining fatigue to simulate it's immense weight.

I'd probably make a new damage modifier that acts as a pre nether damage buff. Like a counter weight made of iron and stone. Would boost damage by .5 of heart for 10% slowness or whatever amount could counter one level of redstone it could be applied 3 times.
Quartz could be changed to provide a percentage damage buff from 1% to 25-30% or an amount that's balanced for the new combat paradigm.

DFTT aside, there's a ton to be done here.

First off, shields, with different properties and durabilities. Potential rules for dual-wielding to give interesting options vs 2h or weapon and shield. An interesting and comprehensive list of different modifiers which can be infinitely more flexible than the lousy vanilla enchanting system. As a start. Damage bonus, I think, is going to be less important than other modifiers. Cleave for swords to increase their area effect, penetrating to give axes more damage vs shields, there's plenty of things to be done here.

Really, we're looking at a sea-change for combat. The Slime Knight team is not going to ignore this opportunity.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I don't suppose we could leave this thread for discussions relating to the research helper? Seeing 1.8/9 stuff come up on my updates is rather obnoxious for what should be a relatively topical thread :p

chinchill

Jul 29, 2019
whoa, i missed some good piece of conversation :p
Anyway - i'm almost finished with app - to be fair, it reminds me more social application than thaumcraft helper, but whatever, for sake of learning ;)
Im publishing it in 1 or 2 days from now on.

L

Lithorn

.tk is gone, .ga does nothing. I liked this app because I could just click what two I wanted to link. Now it no longer functions, and there is no more downloads for this. The web app is such a pain, why didnt they too use a point and click.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
All the links are broken, is there anyway to get a download, I know its old but people still play with thaumcraft 4.