Geothermal Generator + The Nether

Status
Not open for further replies.

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019
So I was watching Tekkit on Sips and Sjin's channels, and they made a geothermal generator by using some way to get lava from the nether.

The only things I know are needed is the tanks and world anchor.. what else is needed and how do i set it up?

Jason Betts

Jul 29, 2019
The way I do it:

Railcart liquid loader and unloaders, pump, mystcraft portals set the unloader to hold until empty and watch it fill your tank :) works like a charm but requires you find a crystal age

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
You'll want a pump to pull the liquid up from a lava lake and put it into a tank, a holding track and liquid loader to put the lava into a liquid tank cart, mystcraft age portals with rails running into them.

Sara Dr In te House

Jul 29, 2019
A pump in the nether works great for getting tons of lava. To get the lava back either use Mystcraft portals with Railcraft liquid tank cars or a Thermal Expansion's liquid transposer loaded with tin cans and pumping the full cans into an Enderchest.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
...works like a charm but requires you find a crystal age

Or spawn in a Notebook using creative mode. This is actually the recommended method from the dev as Crystals are really rare, and it's currently a huge hog to create over 100 ages trying to get specific symbols. In fact, with Extrabiomes I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends up in the 200s to get everything.

Jason Betts

Jul 29, 2019
I got both crystal age, and dense ores within 40 ages... maybe I was lucky. Now I'm just trying to find out how to exploit Pandara! :)

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019
Soo I'm back.. Thanks everyone for the help

I set up my mystcraft area, and got crystal on my first book.. Is this supposed to happen?

Oh yeah, can someone explain in detail what I need to connect to the nether..? for the lava

Ok, I understand how to do this now thanks again

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Soo I'm back.. Thanks everyone for the help

I set up my mystcraft area, and got crystal on my first book.. Is this supposed to happen?

Oh yeah, can someone explain in detail what I need to connect to the nether..? for the lava

From what I understand, you need railcraft liquid holder things and you use tracks to get them back into the portal.. I think, then when you connect them to the surface world you connect the lava in the carts to tanks?

Random is random. One person can get it the very first time, another could go 20,000 times. The odds are on the fairly rare side, I think in the 50-150 range.

I'm not the person to ask about nether lava farming though. I just go solar:)

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
So I was watching Tekkit back when I didn't know how naughty that modpack was..
Was that really necessary? You were watching a video. You saw a system to automate lava transport from the nether. You want to know how to build it. That's all we need. Your little snide remark about tekkit serves no purpose other than to add vitriol and fuel a fight.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
In brackets, do world anchors work interdimensionally? I mean, will a world anchor keep some nether/end/mystcraft chunks even if I'm not in that specific dimension/age? Or do I have to be in it for them to work properly?

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
In brackets, do world anchors work interdimensionally? I mean, will a world anchor keep some nether/end/mystcraft chunks even if I'm not in that specific dimension/age? Or do I have to be in it for them to work properly?
A dimension will only be loaded if a client requests it from the server by entering that dimension.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
I guess Forge changes it to keep the dimensions loaded... well at least my Quarry and my Netherpump work somehow even if I'm not in that age/the nether.

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
Was that really necessary? You were watching a video. You saw a system to automate lava transport from the nether. You want to know how to build it. That's all we need. Your little snide remark about tekkit serves no purpose other than to add vitriol and fuel a fight.

That it was tekkit provided context as to what mods were involved in a quick clear and concise manner and assisted those who wished to help the user in knowing what mods exactly were involved, and which weren't.
Reading the thread please note yours is the first with snide remarks and vitriol.

I guess Forge changes it to keep the dimensions loaded... well at least my Quarry and my Netherpump work somehow even if I'm not in that age/the nether.

Quarries now have (have for a little while at least) a built in chunkloader. I think it only loads chunks if the quarry is being powered and is mining, not sure though haven't tested.

To OP, I would suggest investing in a netherack, magmatic engine, and Magma Crucible system. You need a bucket of lava to start but after that the only limit to how much lava you can produce is how many Magma Crucibles you make (and how many magmatic engines per crucible, max of 5/per), and the setup is simple, quarry in the nether pumping netherrack into a (or a few) enderchests (and some overflow chests), then pumping out the netherack into an army of waiting Magma Crucibles, which are powered by magmatic engines (pump lava from the crucibles to the engines), and the excess (and there is a lot of excess lava) can get stored in a waiting railcraft iron tank (or boring old buildcraft tanks, yawn, lol).

If you are playing SSP, then this really cuts down on lag because there are no flowing liquid calculations to worry about in the nether.

The largest size railcraft iron tank is 7x7x8 (unless they made it 9x9, don't know), that stores 6272 buckets of lava, I filled up the largest size railcraft iron tank with lava in a few hours, I'm going to power my whole base with lava, muhahahahah!

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
No idea why you'd spend all that time getting mystcraft portals and using an expensive method of transporting lava from the nether to the overworld when a small alteration to Tekkit's usual method works better.
BC Pump > Forestry Bottler > Ender Chest > Overworld

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019
Moved the Thread to General > Mod Discussions.

No idea why you'd spend all that time getting mystcraft portals and using an expensive method of transporting lava from the nether to the overworld when a small alteration to Tekkit's usual method works better.
BC Pump > Forestry Bottler > Ender Chest > Overworld

The Forestry Bottler does however require a constant supply of capsules or tin cans.

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
Moved the Thread to General > Mod Discussions.

The Forestry Bottler does however require a constant supply of capsules or tin cans.

And if you have Gregtech active capsules get expensive fairly quick (although using a powered liquid transposer in place of a bottler on both ends would help relieve that, but then it wouldn't be as simple)

Status
Not open for further replies.