Tesseract problems

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
quarry -> tesseract -> tesseract -> itemduct -> sorting / void piping / storage

This works very well and has a huge capacity even with regular itemducts.
We clearly have different concepts on "huge capacity" item transprt when talking about automated ressource collection. I can easily setup automated mining that would backlog with an impulse itemduct in that place.

SandGrainOne

Jul 29, 2019
We clearly have different concepts on "huge capacity" item transprt when talking about automated ressource collection. I can easily setup automated mining that would backlog with an impulse itemduct in that place.
A question related to the ItemDucts. I thought the Tesseracts would put resources into the ItemDucts and that it would ignore any speed limit the ItemDuct might have when the Duct is doing the actual work. With this logic I have been using normal ItemDucts to handle the flow of resources coming though Tesseracts.

I have still not encountered any problems with this, but my supply might not be high enough.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I'm running four regular quarries and one maxed out quarryplus at full speed using that setup (regular itemducts). Maybe I should have specified that instead of saying "huge capacity". I haven't tried anything more exotic than that yet.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, so maybe it does work. It's been some time since I tried that, might have been the duct on the buffer chest that failed. Nowadays I just put the input tesseract right next to the QuarryPlus and the output one next to a ME interface =)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Hm, so maybe it does work. It's been some time since I tried that, might have been the duct on the buffer chest that failed. Nowadays I just put the input tesseract right next to the QuarryPlus and the output one next to a ME interface =)

Always remember to check chunk boundaries.

I had a buffer chest shit its pants once because one of its itemducts crossed a boundary. Maxed out quarrypluses are craziness.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
This honestly sounds like FUD.

It's not. Quite specifically, the TE 2 wiki even explains the issue:

http://thermalexpansion.wikispaces.com/Tesseracts

Edit: Okay, so the page didn't explain the root cause, but fact is that it's existing, known about, and is the reason Tesseracts won't eject to pipes anymore. We had to handle it on our end.

BuildCraft pipes cannot handle an item entering and leaving the same pipe in the same tick. I mentioned a fix long ago, and was shot down, as Tesseracts go against BC's grand vision and they do not wish to accommodate extradimensional possibilities. Which, this is a fair response.

But don't accuse us of FUD. If you want to just come out and say you hate CoFH/TE, and everything about us, just do it.

Last edited:

SandGrainOne

Jul 29, 2019
BuildCraft pipes cannot handle an item entering and leaving the same pipe in the same tick. I mentioned a fix long ago, and was shot down, as Tesseracts go against BC's grand vision and they do not wish to accommodate extradimensional possibilities. Which, this is a fair response.
I don't quite understand why that kind of speed was needed. I've never really looked at the internal workings of the base pipe, but I would think that regardless of what kind of speed the item were given it would need more than one tick to pass through.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
I don't quite understand why that kind of speed was needed. I've never really looked at the internal workings of the base pipe, but I would think that regardless of what kind of speed the item were given it would need more than one tick to pass through.

Speed isn't the issue. The item does take multiple ticks to travel through the pipe. The problem is that the pipe can't handle the concept of an item leaving and then re-entering that same pipe in the same tick, which can in fact happen with teleportation.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
It's not. Quite specifically, the TE 2 wiki even explains the issue:

http://thermalexpansion.wikispaces.com/Tesseracts

Edit: Okay, so the page didn't explain the root cause, but fact is that it's existing, known about, and is the reason Tesseracts won't eject to pipes anymore. We had to handle it on our end.

But don't accuse us of FUD. If you want to just come out and say you hate CoFH/TE, and everything about us, just do it.
"Buildcraft uses unsafe data structures which could cause a world to permanently crash" isn't FUD?

That explanation is reasonable, although you could have just delayed items entering pipes for one tick.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Always remember to check chunk boundaries.

I had a buffer chest shit its pants once because one of its itemducts crossed a boundary. Maxed out quarrypluses are craziness.
Nah, that's a lesson I learned long ago =)
An impulse itemduct just can't pull fast enough for a fully ducked out QuarryPlus =)