Tesseract problems

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot get tesseracts to work with items. They work fine with power and liquids. Whenever the item's get to the tesseract, they just pop out of the pipe. I have tried lots of solutions in a test world, and can't find anything that works. I'm also pretty sure I'm setting up the send/receive right because liquids and energy work for me.

I also cannot get itemducts to extract items from chests or a quarry, but they worked extracting items from the pulverizer. I don't really need itemducts very badly, but storing items from my quarry is very important.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot get tesseracts to work with items. They work fine with power and liquids. Whenever the item's get to the tesseract, they just pop out of the pipe. I have tried lots of solutions in a test world, and can't find anything that works. I'm also pretty sure I'm setting up the send/receive right because liquids and energy work for me.

I also cannot get itemducts to extract items from chests or a quarry, but they worked extracting items from the pulverizer. I don't really need itemducts very badly, but storing items from my quarry is very important.
For the chest the itemduct needs to be on extract mode with a redstone signal.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Things popping out of pipes, sounds like you're using BC?

Most likely they get to the tesseract and don't see a valid inventory on the other side. Do you have a pipe connected directly to your receiving tesseract? If so, put a chest next to your receiving tesseract and pull from that chest.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
For the chest the itemduct needs to be on extract mode with a redstone signal.
Thanks for your help. I forgot to use the redstone on the itemducts, so I fixed that. When using an itemduct to extract from the tesseract I was sending the items to, it worked. I think it wasn't working before because the wooden pipe couldn't pump items out as fast as the items were coming out of the quarry. The only thing I couldn't do is get an itemduct on top of the quarry pumping items out, but this is not an issue, because I can just set the tesseract on top of the quarry or use BC pipes on that end.

My question now, is there a way to filter items in itemducts, or am I going to have to put everything into a chest and pump it out of the chest to send the cobblestone from my quarry to the void?

EDIT: I guess I will just try the void pip on the end with the quarry for now, but I will probably need to filter out on the side where my base is when I get each ore a specific pulverizer for my quarry.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your help. I forgot to use the redstone on the itemducts, so I fixed that. When using an itemduct to extract from the tesseract I was sending the items to, it worked. I think it wasn't working before because the wooden pipe couldn't pump items out as fast as the items were coming out of the quarry. The only thing I couldn't do is get an itemduct on top of the quarry pumping items out, but this is not an issue, because I can just set the tesseract on top of the quarry or use BC pipes on that end.

My question now, is there a way to filter items in itemducts, or am I going to have to put everything into a chest and pump it out of the chest to send the cobblestone from my quarry to the void?
There are blacklist and whitelists on itemducts if you install a Servo.
Itemducts cannot connect to quarries for technical reasons.
You do not need a wood pipe on a quarry, any pipe works :p

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
There are blacklist and whitelists on itemducts if you install a Servo.
Itemducts cannot connect to quarries for technical reasons.
You do not need a wood pipe on a quarry, any pipe works :p
Yeah I had the wooden pipe on the tesseract in my base. It wasn't fast enough, causing items to just pop out of my pipes and not go through to my chest.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I had the wooden pipe on the tesseract in my base. It wasn't fast enough, causing items to just pop out of my pipes and not go through to my chest.
Why... Why in the HELL would you use pipes on a tesseract?
Use itemducts FFS, they are quicker, more server efficient, and look better!
Not only that, but their impulse variants are amazing!

[/rant]

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Why... Why in the HELL would you use pipes on a tesseract?]
Actually makes sense when coming off a quarry. If you do Quarry > chest > itemduct > tesseract, you are limited to the pull rate of the tesseract. If you use a pipe from the quarry to the tesseract, it'll continue, as long as the items have somewhere to go. As long as you sort out the filtering/accepting on the other side, you can end up with a far quicker and more compact system. I've not gotten itemducts to work directly with quarries yet, they seize up every time I try.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019

Unless wooden pipes have had a massive redesign, a Tesseract shouldn't even see them as a valid inventory. Tesseract / Pipe functionality was disabled due to BuildCraft having unsafe data structures which could cause a world to permanently crash.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Actually makes sense when coming off a quarry. If you do Quarry > chest > itemduct > tesseract, you are limited to the pull rate of the tesseract. If you use a pipe from the quarry to the tesseract, it'll continue, as long as the items have somewhere to go. As long as you sort out the filtering/accepting on the other side, you can end up with a far quicker and more compact system. I've not gotten itemducts to work directly with quarries yet, they seize up every time I try.

With a pipe, or a chest, you are doing it wrong.

Place the tesseract ON the quarry (and hook up a redstone energy conduit down the side) The quarry will eject directly into the tesseracts inventory.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com

Place the tesseract ON the quarry (and hook up a redstone energy conduit down the side) The quarry will eject directly into the tesseracts inventory.

Yes, I also did it like this. I was actually hoping that the quarry would also get the energy directly from the tesseract. That way you wouldn't even need the energy conduits but unfortunatelly that's not the case.

SandGrainOne

Jul 29, 2019
Unless wooden pipes have had a massive redesign, a Tesseract shouldn't even see them as a valid inventory. Tesseract / Pipe functionality was disabled due to BuildCraft having unsafe data structures which could cause a world to permanently crash.
Just want to add that a part of the problem here is probably that the pipes do not have any inventory that can be accessed by other mods. It is possible to put resources into a pipe, but not through any inventory related operation. It is for example not possible for a vanilla Hopper to put items into a pipe. A mod would need to use the API.

I would think it would work in reverse though, but I don't know if the Tesseracts have any inventory that the pipes can put resources into.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Once you've committed to using a tesseract, you've already taken the poison pill.

They're about the only way to teleport items with any type of pipe. If you want to teleport things, you basically have to use them.

Impulse itemducts.
... are slower than gold pipes. (inb4 TE3 gets an even faster type of pipe)[DOUBLEPOST=1402020508][/DOUBLEPOST]

This honestly sounds like FUD.

Reactions: Padfoote

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019

With a tesseract you dont need a redstone energy conduit because you can transfer energy FROM base while to transer items TO base

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
With a tesseract you dont need a redstone energy conduit because you can transfer energy FROM base while to transer items TO base

I thought so too but apparently it only works for items. I had to use energy conduits to get the energy from the tesseract to the quarry. It wouldn't directly accept it for some reason (note that I was using a QuarryPlus but I assume that the Quarry works similarly).