Terraria

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
So yesterday, I went and farmed 6 Destroyers and got full Hallowed, a Drax and Gungnir. Everything was looking good until I got a Shoddy Excalibur. I pressed "Reforge" once and got a Legendary Excalibur. I are pleased.

Some of the new weapons look OP as hell though, SDMG and Shadowbeam mainly. One question, though:
How the HELL are you supposed to survive in the hardmode dungeon?! Necromancers are practically unbeatable without an anti-curse accessory and I can't find one for the death of me. Plus there's those stupid giant skull things that fly through walls and shoot lasers.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
So yesterday, I went and farmed 6 Destroyers and got full Hallowed, a Drax and Gungnir. Everything was looking good until I got a Shoddy Excalibur. I pressed "Reforge" once and got a Legendary Excalibur. I are pleased.

Some of the new weapons look OP as hell though, SDMG and Shadowbeam mainly. One question, though:
How the HELL are you supposed to survive in the hardmode dungeon?! Necromancers are practically unbeatable without an anti-curse accessory and I can't find one for the death of me. Plus there's those stupid giant skull things that fly through walls and shoot lasers.

turtle armor and a true nights edge are your friends

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019

You don't. I just run in the dungeon and kill things until I get some ectoplasm, or until I die. Also, the spectre axe is much better in terms of damage than the Gungnir. I would suggest upgrading to that once you get enough ectoplasm.

Also... necromancers aren't the worst. Ever try to get out of the dungeon with a paladin in your way, and only adamantite armor/weapons? Yeah. Not fun.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
If curse is your problem
Your ultimate goal is to get an Ankh Shield made, but one of the early precursor components is the curse-only item, the Nazar, which you can get from farming up Enchanted Swords in Hallowed territory.
If you are highly melee-centric rather than spell-centric, the Light Discs are helpful for those sections. A goodly portion of hardmode dungeon/jungle I also was falling back on my Megashark and doing a lot of flying around.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I really love the update. The Crimson is so pretty. :)

I never really got very far in Hardmode before 1.2, and now that my 1.2 world is hardmode, I have trouble leaving my house without getting brutally murdered. Any advice?

ItsRex

Jul 29, 2019
I really love the update. The Crimson is so pretty. :)

I never really got very far in Hardmode before 1.2, and now that my 1.2 world is hardmode, I have trouble leaving my house without getting brutally murdered. Any advice?

Rush the dungeon, get Ectoplasm (you normally find Dungeon Spirits by killing other skeletons), make a Spectre pickaxe, go to your jungle, mine down and find the chlorophyte bar, (green common ore) DO NOT USE THE ARMOR MADE BY ECTOPLASM though, why? cause its getting nerfed like Vampire Knives in 1.2.0.3. Get about 60 bars and 2 turtle shells (from giant tortoises) Make a chlorophyte mask and the rest turtle. Congrats, you are now (nearby) invincible.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
According to the 1.2.0.3 notes, hardmode dungeon mobs won't spawn until I kill Plantera. D:

yeah it sucks now
if you make a hellevator and at the bottom make some branches get so good hardmode ore and fight a boss
then plantera.

may take a few tries but if you have a good arena it can be really easy with the right plan.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
u.u the post was made in 1.2.1 or whatever its called update, so yeah..

You made that post a couple of hours AFTER the update, actually. :p

But, yeah, the update just sorta snuck in. I went to get dinner and came back and was like "Why are there squirrels?" :p

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
I like most of the things in the new update, but I can't stand the Crimson, for one simple reason: Those SPIDERS. I have crippling arachnophobia, and those spiders freak me right the hell out. The ones in the spider caves aren't as bad, for some reason, but the Crimson ones literally make me whimper out loud :oops:

Reactions: PeggleFrank

ItsRex

Jul 29, 2019
I like most of the things in the new update, but I can't stand the Crimson, for one simple reason: Those SPIDERS. I have crippling arachnophobia, and those spiders freak me right the hell out. The ones in the spider caves aren't as bad, for some reason, but the Crimson ones literally make me whimper out loud :oops:

Well, what I find annoying is the spiders with 200 health, they deal like 70 damage EVEN with the best armor and accessories in the game, well, not really the best, due to not having 5 warding paladin's Shield lel. Still, 70 damage with 95 defense is ALOT. I dont really go to the crimson, as I have got everything i need from it.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

You're not alone. Every time I talk to a friend and say "I love the new Crimson! It's my favorite color!" they respond with "But the spiders! D: "

Kinda weird that I'm normally terrified of spiders or video game representations of them, but the Crimson spiders don't bother me at all.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019

i have yet to see the crim spiders but the pre hardcore ones scare the crap out of me.
irl spiders are fine i kill them all the time but i run from the ones in terraria
:(

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
i have yet to see the crim spiders but the pre hardcore ones scare the crap out of me.
irl spiders are fine i kill them all the time but i run from the ones in terraria
:(
The Crimson has spiders in pre-hardmode, too. Go into one of those cave systems in the crimson, and they'll be crawling all over the walls. They've got big, bulbous abdomens. *shudder* I'll repeatedly generate worlds until mine has corruption, insteada crimson when I play >.>

EDIT:

I just read that and saw the line that said you can make Living Wood Walls. @_@ I'M GONNA MAKE A TREE FORT. In fact, I already started. Here's what I have so far:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185226107

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
The Crimson has spiders in pre-hardmode, too. Go into one of those cave systems in the crimson, and they'll be crawling all over the walls. They've got big, bulbous abdomens. *shudder* I'll repeatedly generate worlds until mine has corruption, insteada crimson when I play >.>

EDIT:

I just read that and saw the line that said you can make Living Wood Walls. @_@ I'M GONNA MAKE A TREE FORT. In fact, I already started. Here's what I have so far:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185226107

i have an apartment made out of stone.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to kill all three "mechanical" bosses for the first time today! :) Having another player with you is such a huge help. Also, Golden Shower is such an amazingly handy spell.

Also killed Plantera using my superior firepower and skills by setting a respawn right next to the boss arena and slowly whittling him down.

ItsRex

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to kill all three "mechanical" bosses for the first time today! :) Having another player with you is such a huge help. Also, Golden Shower is such an amazingly handy spell.

Also killed Plantera using my superior firepower and skills by setting a respawn right next to the boss arena and slowly whittling him down.

gj, now get to dungeon hunting and make a spectre pickaxe and mine chlorophyte