Terraria

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
i got turtle chest and boots and chloroform helm 80 defense and great tank armor.
also read up on all the hollowed armor and what not they changed EVERTHING.

ItsRex

Jul 29, 2019
Love it. Its now fun, new bosses etc, though i think they should have both corruption and Crimson, dayum, Brain of Cthulhu was hard!

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving the new updates. I discovered a pyramid and got a pharoh's gown and mask, and found and killed a new bee boss in the Jungle. I'll be venturing into hardmode soon, but I'm building up my base a bit first and looking for a pair of Hermes Boots before I try that. Even in normal mode, there's a ton of cool new stuff to do, and with the paint and other new building tools, people are going to start making some amazing bases.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving the new updates. I discovered a pyramid and got a pharoh's gown and mask, and found and killed a new bee boss in the Jungle. I'll be venturing into hardmode soon, but I'm building up my base a bit first and looking for a pair of Hermes Boots before I try that. Even in normal mode, there's a ton of cool new stuff to do, and with the paint and other new building tools, people are going to start making some amazing bases.

I've found three pairs of fluffy/hermes boots on the medium server a friend is hosting.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Currently at part of the Shadow scale armor tier, defeated the Eye of Cthulu and Eater of Worlds, and grappling around with my Ruby Hook. Next goal is to intercept a meteorite, get more mats for armor, and start exploring Ice biomes/jungle etc. Dunno half of the new stuff added xD

ItsRex

Jul 29, 2019
Hard mode is REAL hard, its like impossible to survive in a jungle..

Giant turtles dealing 109 damage on attack, 45 on melee with crimson armor, giant bats doing 66 on touch damage.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019

Giant turtles dealing 109 damage on attack, 45 on melee with crimson armor, giant bats doing 66 on touch damage.
thisthisthisthisthisthis

also has anyone found an above ground glowing mushroom biome?

ItsRex

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I've only found some stuff with my friends, got mythril armor with a legendary sword, so yeah. Still not good defense tbh, 46 atm. Gastrapods dealing 25 damage with laser.

TIP:
Go on hardmode, summon a pirate army, kill the pirate army, get the pirate npc by defeating the pirate army, get a cannon and atleast 500 cannonballs, get 20 fireworks from Party Girl, summon destroyer, use a friend as a prey to make destroyer go 'upwards' so you can fire cannonballs dealign about 200 - 400 damage, He can also set off the fireworks. (Use a back-up TNT summoned by lever if not dead)

Reactions: PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I have a pre-1.2 world, so I'm using all the trees and mushrooms as monuments to the 1.1 textures. Which is slightly ironic because I use 1.2 blocks to decorate the monuments.

I'm currently trying to get a set of ectoplasm armor. It's slow, tedious, and I'm sure I'm going to lose at least 10 armor points by switching out my adamantite armor with it, but I rely mostly on magic spells so I'll see if it helps or not.

I feel your pain. I have an ice biome (albeit a small one), a jungle biome, a hallow biome, a corruption biome, an underground hallow biome, and an underground corruption biome. The enemy variety is painful.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
i have an obsidian generator for skulls
min profit of 54 silver per skull.

ItsRex

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to change to spectral armor due to epic Magnet sphere and shadowbeam staff < me hoping to get dat. I still want to get paladins shield. I finally also got master ninja gear. I noticed i had tons of materials for spectral armor left, so why not use it for some awesome mage armor?

ItsRex

Jul 29, 2019
I just got terraria, How is all this possible...

Most of the things are from machines, which you need to kill Skeletron in the Dungeon (4500 health, 40 - 50) Why? cause you need to save the Injured Mechanic in the Dungeon. Keep in mind that you need a housing for it, meaning a table, chair and light source, with walls and a door.

Reactions: PhantomRage

KitsuKoten

Jul 29, 2019
Either 1.2 has made things easier or 2 months of single-player minecraft has improved my skills. I last played terraria 1.1 about 3 months ago & constantly died when mining in the jungle caves, even after 3 weeks of playing.

I've played 1.2 for 2 days... Beaten Eye of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu, & Skeletron, have every non-hardmode NPC, found 3 Floating Islands, & made a Hellevator.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Either 1.2 has made things easier or 2 months of single-player minecraft has improved my skills. I last played terraria 1.1 about 3 months ago & constantly died when mining in the jungle caves, even after 3 weeks of playing.

I've played 1.2 for 2 days... Beaten Eye of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu, & Skeletron, have every non-hardmode NPC, found 3 Floating Islands, & made a Hellevator.

1.2 considerably eased the early-to-mid game, putting in a lot of options for how to handle things up to the point of handling the Wall of Flesh. Things are also relatively straightforward in dealing with the hardmode bosses from before (construction of Hallowed armor is also much more straightforward: the bosses drop the ingots and you construct the armor from those instead of mixing and matching like before).

The new "end-game" really comes in hitting up the hardmode dungeon and hardmode jungle. If you're used to facetanking things in Hallowed armor, be prepared to be mauled by that content. The journey to getting my Vampire Knives and Turtle Armor included a fair bit of screaming, dodging, and running. =)