Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, could do. Alembics might not work though, I'll have to re create it from scratch, as I am limited by them API.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, could do. Alembics might not work though, I'll have to re create it from scratch, as I am limited by them API.
Yeah, I don't mean using alembics as they are, but to me, it makes sense to craft it out of them because you're almost doing the reverse of how items were broken down in TC3.

It also pushes the use of your mod back into a later game area. People could rush to get to your mod if they so wish, but for a general play through with no intent of getting there fast, it will push it back a fair amount of time

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I think I might of come up with an idea based around what you said, I'll give it a try tomorrow and will post the results.

tobi1449

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you read the post he linked to you will see that he also plans to add the mechanic of infusing blocks with aspects to add other attributes to them.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about not updating, I attended ModJam and have been busy with IRL. However I have this update: "Right I have begun working on the mod, I have an idea for how you will infuse the blocks. I have also decided to go open source. So if your interested take a look at my repo located here: https://github.com/TheDrunkMafia/ThaumicInfusion Also I am trying to decide what licence to use. GPL 2 looks like a winner:)" (Taken from my thread on the Minecraft Forums, why? because I am lazy ;))

Reactions: Succubism

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Things are going well. The infusion process has been Implemented and now I am working on adding the effects, all the while trying to make sure I can add addon support.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Should I allow you to infuse 4 aspects into a single block, because it seems a tad OP and if I make it so you only allowed to infuse a single aspect. I'll be able to switch to the thaumcraft infusion system, instead of making my own.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Make it so that you can get a research or something that allows more aspects to be infused into it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Make it so that you can get a research or something that allows more aspects to be infused into it.

or perhaps only have certain combinations be effective
or have tiered blocks, the lower tier blocks like cobblestone or dirt can only take 1 aspect, but blocks like gold and diamond can take upto 4 aspects

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Yh. I could do that, but thats not what I am driving at. The reason I want to make it only 1 aspect to be infused, is so that I can use the thaumcraft infusion method instead of my own (The reason I can't do it with more than one aspect, would mean I would have to register all the combinations).

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Right I'm back once again, after taking part in ModJam. I am now ready to start working on TI full time.

Last edited:

Wasliebob

Jul 29, 2019
As of what i heard from you there are some really nice features coming, good luck with the mod.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
The mod return again, I am re-writing it again and allot of progress has been made. The reason why the mod died in the past was because I kept running out of ideas for how to allow players to infuse the aspects in survival. However I am back now, but this time with a plan and I have finished the main Infrastructure of the mod.

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
You could make it so you make a custom block, and you use the normal infusion altar to infuse it with the block you want it to look like and one or more mana beans of the aspects you want to infuse. Then the essentia cost would be the same aspects as the mana beans. Does the Thaumcraft API allow for soemthing like that to be done?

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
No, as I would have to register each and every single combinations of all the aspects. Meaning you'll need a hell of allot of ram to run the mod.