Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
The performance drops caused by Thaumic Infusion shall be fixed soon, I have to reconfigure the data structure to make the block look up time faster. As it currently takes more than 300 ms and its called for every single block in the world, so it all adds up and that is why performance is being heavily impacted by TI.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Updates.png

This version of the mod fixes a number of issues that people have been having, the biggest one being the performance. Though I've had to sacrfice Aqua for the time being while I try to come up with a more effeciant way of changing the material of the block. Other changes are as follows:
  • Potentia effect has been added
  • Machina effect has been added
  • Linking effects now work accross dimensions
  • Issue with desyncing with linking effects has been fixed
Download is on curse forge

If you use this version can people please post their FPS with and without the mod, I need to see if the perforamnce it still an issue. The mod will always be taxing on the computer due to what its doing, but if it is unplayable I'll have to keep looking into it.

Reactions: Yulife

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
So I am thinking of removing the research page that shows all the effects as it seems boring to do it like that. Instead I intend to add an inscriber so you can decipher aspects and unlock the ability to infuse them, also it will give you an indepth description/tutorial on how to use it. I think if I add this, it will stay true to the research side of Thaumcraft.

Also please be sure to report ALL bugs/crashes to the issues in the repo, I will only be supporting 1.7.10 for a small amount of time so the sooner I find all the bugs before moving to 1.8 the better.

Reactions: Lethosos

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Infusion is ALIVE! I've finally fixed the performance impacts caused by my mod, along with a few glitches in the aspects. The data structure has been completely over hauled and will work with old worlds if you update the mod. I'll be uploading it within this week, just needs to be polished up and it will be ready.

Reactions: Azdule and Lethosos

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Infusion 4.05 is now out!
Download the latest version from Curse
  • (HOT FIX) Fixed world load crash in obfuscated environment (NOTICE: Not compatible with old saves)
  • Data Structure Reworked
  • Performance Fixed
  • Memory Issues Fixed
  • Networking Reworked
  • Aspect Bugs fixed
  • Blocks have more of their Functionality with aspect infused

BlooberryMuffin

Jul 29, 2019
So for those interested, I've cooked up a preview of what the inscriber will look like:
4609ed75d5.gif

I personally really like how its turning out.
This is the most epic piece of awesome ever created, I don't car how it works or what it does but I want at least 8 of them opening and closing spitiing out amazing into the world :D

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
So so far the new version of the mod seems to have fixed all the issues people have been running into with the old versions. So the next update will be the last on for 1.7.10, if anyone has any ideas for the remaining aspects that don't have a unique effect attached to them. Just post it here and I will implement it, as I have exhausted all my ideas.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
6b7d9b0829.gif

Heres an update of the new Foci GUI I've been working on, its still WIP and I am still trying to figure out how to display the description of the aspects. As I want it to be displayed here rather than in a research.

Reactions: InfinityRaider

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
The new version of TI seems to be going down well, if no more issues are shown I may begin working on the update to 1.8

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
The new version of TI seems to be going down well, if no more issues are shown I may begin working on the update to 1.8
...except that it seems to be conflicting with other ASM methods. I'm actually getting generic FML errors; I know TI was conflicting because it was the only thing I updated, and it was working well with DragonAPI before the update.
[20:22:05] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launch
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/entity/player/EntityPlayer
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:72) ~[Main.class:?]
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.getCommonSuperClass(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.a(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at org.objectweb.asm.Frame.a(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at org.objectweb.asm.MethodWriter.visitMaxs(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at org.objectweb.asm.tree.MethodNode.accept(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at org.objectweb.asm.tree.MethodNode.accept(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at org.objectweb.asm.tree.ClassNode.accept(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at de.sanandrew.core.manpack.transformer.ASMHelper.createBytes(ASMHelper.java:29) ~[SAPManPack-1.7.10-2.4.1.jar:?]
at de.sanandrew.core.manpack.transformer.TransformPlayerDismountCtrl.transformPlayer(TransformPlayerDismountCtrl.java:87) ~[SAPManPack-1.7.10-2.4.1.jar:?]
at de.sanandrew.core.manpack.transformer.TransformPlayerDismountCtrl.transform(TransformPlayerDismountCtrl.java:30) ~[SAPManPack-1.7.10-2.4.1.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:279) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:176) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
... 6 more

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
...except that it seems to be conflicting with other ASM methods. I'm actually getting generic FML errors; I know TI was conflicting because it was the only thing I updated, and it was working well with DragonAPI before the update.
[20:22:05] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launch
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_76]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/entity/player/EntityPlayer
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.getCommonSuperClass(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.a(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at org.objectweb.asm.MethodWriter.visitMaxs(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at org.objectweb.asm.tree.ClassNode.accept(Unknown Source) ~[asm-all-5.0.3.jar:5.0.3]
at de.sanandrew.core.manpack.transformer.ASMHelper.createBytes(ASMHelper.java:29) ~[SAPManPack-1.7.10-2.4.1.jar:?]
at de.sanandrew.core.manpack.transformer.TransformPlayerDismountCtrl.transformPlayer(TransformPlayerDismountCtrl.java:87) ~[SAPManPack-1.7.10-2.4.1.jar:?]
at de.sanandrew.core.manpack.transformer.TransformPlayerDismountCtrl.transform(TransformPlayerDismountCtrl.java:30) ~[SAPManPack-1.7.10-2.4.1.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:279) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:176) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
... 6 more
I need the full log and TI_Transformer log, also are you sure you are running the recent build? This is the issue that was resolved and its working in other peoples instances with dragonAPI installed.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Lemme re-download and try again for a fresh log.

Okay, working fine now--probably a bad download or something; I don't always have Internet access to be sure.

Last edited:

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Lemme re-download and try again for a fresh log.

Okay, working fine now--probably a bad download or something; I don't always have Internet access to be sure.

Alright cool, just happy there is no issue here. I spent 5 hours yesterday making sure my ASM code worked fine with other mods, don't want to spend any more time doing it again ;D

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Alright cool, just happy there is no issue here. I spent 5 hours yesterday making sure my ASM code worked fine with other mods, don't want to spend any more time doing it again ;D
I don't even WANT to touch ASM code with an eleven-foot pole. :p

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2