Private Pack TahgCraft [Closed, Can't pay for it]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, MyTown just doesn't do what I want. If anyone knows of a plugin where I can preallocate large sections of land, and then assign people who can assign others that'd be cool. World Guard (Forge Essentials) seems to be nowhere near that point yet for forge, otherwise I'd be using it.

only thing that would come close to that i know would be http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1484373-146147smpfihgus-command-mods-for-vanilla-server/ and yes i know it says "for vanilla servers" but ive already played on servers that used it with FTB servers. was a while back but if nothing extraordinarily major has been changed since back when the ftb pack was only 2-3 weeks old it should still work.

with this you could make large sections of land as of if it was/is possible to make others the owner of specific sections with owner priviledges i dont remember anymore i know however that if you were the owner you were able to assign building/mining rights in your section that you did make.

only thing that ppl would have to keep in mind is that sectioning is done in a cuboid fashion. like 1st block is on bedrock lvl somewhere and then the 2nd block would be on height lvl 100 or so.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
only thing that would come close to that i know would be http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1484373-146147smpfihgus-command-mods-for-vanilla-server/ and yes i know it says "for vanilla servers" but ive already played on servers that used it with FTB servers. was a while back but if nothing extraordinarily major has been changed since back when the ftb pack was only 2-3 weeks old it should still work.

with this you could make large sections of land as of if it was/is possible to make others the owner of specific sections with owner priviledges i dont know.

This was one the first plugins suggested. It was turned down because it has massive amounts of exploits.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I've had a look at forge essentials and I *think* it can do what I need in its present state...if only I could figure out how. I basically want about 5 zones that are each limited to a group of people, and free access to the rest of the world. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Edit - it does indeed do what I want. Just had one of the devs help me sort out the config I need to do.

Jerae

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I've had a look at forge essentials and I *think* it can do what I need in its present state...if only I could figure out how. I basically want about 5 zones that are each limited to a group of people, and free access to the rest of the world. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Edit - it does indeed do what I want. Just had one of the devs help me sort out the config I need to do.

That is great! Really looking forward to it :D

Shivy011

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds awesome :D
About the land allocation; will we be able to decide where we can build, or will the OP's be deciding?

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds awesome :D
About the land allocation; will we be able to decide where we can build, or will the OP's be deciding?

The idea is. He wants people to build far far away from spawn. thats the idea. He will need people to work on spawn of course. but for homes and such. please build far away.

Shivy011

Jul 29, 2019
Right-ho. So we can decide where abouts we can build, but as long as it's as far away as possible from spawn?

BigDaveNz

Jul 29, 2019
With the server launch. Is the whitelist opening back up?? Because i was wondering if I could suggest adding a friend of mine to the whitelist...

Agent

Jul 29, 2019
With the server launch. Is the whitelist opening back up?? Because i was wondering if I could suggest adding a friend of mine to the whitelist...
Many people are eager to invite their friends onto the server which is fine and all but as far as i know it won't be opening back up until after a few weeks of the new server. Thats's IF the server is stable.

Reactions: BigDaveNz

Anthaeus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm definitely looking forwards to the new server, I hope to try doing things quite a bit differently this time round. I want to take my time building up and concentrate on aesthetics for a change.

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm definitely looking forwards to the new server, I hope to try doing things quite a bit differently this time round. I want to take my time building up and concentrate on aesthetics for a change.

a little advice on this since i had major problems with this the first couple times i decided to take this kind of approach. whatever you plan out as space for wiring/piping to put in afterwards double that space ^^

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently the old server died and no one cared to tell me? Anyway, I guess I won't bring it back up unless people want it.

Selej

Jul 29, 2019
The server simply said it closed when it did so I figured you had done. Since not many played anymore I did not want to annoy you with it.