Private Pack TahgCraft [Closed, Can't pay for it]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
I follow the current metagame of vanilla and people have made really crazy witch farms and wither skele farms. While it may be more challenging, once its done its more rewarding then just plopping down a spawner and calling it a day.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Well, mods have been decided, configs hashed and rehashed, and this information has been sent to CWW for pack construction. At this point nothing else is likely to change and hopefully we'll see a release this weekend. (It largely depends on an official release of MystCraft)

ghellerman

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds awesome tahg! I can't wait to look through the configs. And I believe that XCompWiz tweeted about a weekend release. That'd be awesome if we got the server then. Can't wait :D

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
i dont have much to say other than im looking forward to the new server and also i like the mytown idea since it gives protection and thats what i like most since im not much of a cave dweller and would like to build overground not fearing if some nutjob decided to go apeshit :D

Gralad

WeylynSotW

Jul 29, 2019
Asking about the mods that are going to be on the server this morning, what I heard disturbed me. My opinions on the topic of Equivalent Exchange are really no secret to anyone, but in light of the idea that it might actually get on the server I guess I should elaborate a bit.

It's been suggested that EE3 will be much more balanced than EE2, but in my opinion that's not saying much. Regardless of my opinion on EE2, I reject the notion that EE3 is any better and I'll demonstrate why because I don't think people were aware of the issues that exist when the decisions got made. Below you will find a number of screenshots obtained in approximately 20 minutes of messing around with EE3 on the latest DW20 pack, and they show that EE3 is every bit as bad as EE2 was. The fact that most features aren't working yet doesn't change the fact that the ones that are working are bad enough and that the new ones are only likely to make it worse.

Without further ado: http://imgur.com/a/bBc9H#mCzEUcJ

Wood to Obsidian: http://i.imgur.com/mCzEUcJh.png
Obsidian to Iron: http://i.imgur.com/WGA4pWBh.png
Iron to Ender Pearls: http://i.imgur.com/pycW3moh.png
Iron to Gold: http://i.imgur.com/ZNclXQ0h.png
Gold to Diamonds: http://i.imgur.com/fNeDED4h.png

If you're worried about damaging your precious minium stone, which by the way is cheap as hell, you can do the iron transmutations with whole blocks at once to get 9x the loot for the same amount of durability.
But then it gets worse:http://i.imgur.com/auRKsSCh.png

There are similar equivalencies for cobblestone to dirt to gravel to clay to iron, which doesn't help any. I submit the current recipe list, which I've verified to be accurate for the current version: http://equivalentexchange.wikispaces.com/Recipes

I ask that the decision to include EE3 in our pack be seriously reconsidered. It's not a balanced mod by any standard, and the convenience of a portable crafting table doesn't measure up against the already unbalanced features in the mod and the prospect of more to come. I can see the mod working on challenge maps or singleplayer, but I don't feel it has a place on a legit survival server like ours.

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly had no EE3 was this bad... I knew it had a few potential issues but not like this... I thought pahimar was taking steps forward to prevent stuff like this. Clearly my statement about EE3 was correct before I edited my original post. Even if the minium stone has durability, that does not counterbalance the potential abuse this mod has. Anyone can easily set up a mob farm and get the mobs down to half a heart and have all the minium stones to their hearts content. Nothing about turning wood into obsidian, let alone diamonds is equivalent. I really think pahimar needs to look up the definition of equivalent or should just rename the mod entirely if this is the path he wants to go down. This is no better then EE2 and has JUST as much potential abuse. I kind of feel stupid for not looking at this earlier but I was kind of swamped with other things.

I should strongly emphasize my concerns and say this mod does not belong on ANY survival server, and I'm pretty sure most people on the server will agree with me on this point.

EDIT: Whoops, apparently I misunderstood something and thought EE3 was to be included, selej is telling me that he was told it is going to be removed. Sorry for the confusion.

BlackR3d

Jul 29, 2019
I fully agree with Cata and Weylyn! This mod is going to be exactly like its previous version and we all know how unbalanced it was.
Once you have enough Obsidian(which is very easy to get, even automatically) you can just get everything you want. Fully automated. Please reconsider to put that mod in, becuause I'm sure it would just cause more problems (;

PS: let alone the fact that you can make iron out of enderpearls!

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
I should strongly emphasize my concerns and say this mod does not belong on ANY survival server, and I'm pretty sure most people on the server will agree with me on this point.

Let your voices be heard.

never liked ee2 since it was in my eyes nearly as game breaking as now are dense ore ages. in ages you have still to mine yea but its like shooting fish in a barrel ...

after now looking somebit into ee3 after reading WeylynSotWs posting i have to say it has been nerfed a little bit but still is a joke, it may have some neat tools/ideas but the transformations are way too overpowered, all i knew b4 was that ppl said it was nerfed and not anymore that op but oh well should have not trusted that ^^

Agent

Jul 29, 2019
I oppose mods that make the game easymode and looking at EE3 makes me cringe...my vote is in for the removal of this mod.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
GRRR, how can u say you guys dont want the mod when its not been tested with our server environment. Everything in the whole game is OP when abused or miss-used by a player, Should we get rid of TE because its easier to auto sort than ic2, should we get rid of forrestry because it makes Farms AUTOMATIC, I dont see anyone complaining about those.

Selej

Jul 29, 2019
guys you dont need to voice more ;) ee3 was already going to be disabled as far as i know so dont worry about it.

ghellerman

Jul 29, 2019
I did the math on turning wood into diamonds btw. it would take approximately 256 wood to make 1 diamond. That's about 4 stacks of wood for a diamond. A single diamond. I agree its by no means a good idea to let you turn wood into diamonds, but if you'd rather spend 256 stacks of wood on a stack of diamonds instead of just going to mine for an hour, I would call you an idiot. It's not as OP as I thought on first glance though.

P.S. I just woke up and if I did my math wrong, please correct me.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Still.... Pahimar actualy stated he was removing equivalence. The fact this is there means he doesn't give a rats ass and is gonna sneak it into the mod against his communities wishes.

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
I did the math on turning wood into diamonds btw. it would take approximately 256 wood to make 1 diamond. That's about 4 stacks of wood for a diamond. A single diamond. I agree its by no means a good idea to let you turn wood into diamonds, but if you'd rather spend 256 stacks of wood on a stack of diamonds instead of just going to mine for an hour, I would call you an idiot. It's not as OP as I thought on first glance though.

Its insanely easy to get logs, I have over 50k logs and I stopped farming them 2 weeks ago. Not to mention that diamonds aren't the only thing at stake here, you can get a buttload of iron or gold with the same method... or you can take your diamonds and turn them into iron. The end result will only cause people to becone super lazy and transmuting everything they might need via a massive tree farm. Can you farm diamonds? I think not.

I probably don't need to mention the zombie pigman spawners thaumcraft adds, or the ability to farm iron golems, but I thought I would anyway since some seem to be unclear as to why this is a bad thing.

ghellerman

Jul 29, 2019
When I was writing that post I was mainly thinking early game. With the way FTB does its worldgen diamonds really aren't too much of a problem. Especially if you have a fortune pick, which isn't too hard to get with thaumium tools. I'm definitely not saying it's a good thing, nor am I saying I want it on the server, I'm just putting numbers to it so people have a better idea of the situation rather than "oh mah gawdz u can make diamondz frum wood lol". Not accusing anyone of anything, I was just curious so I did the math behind it. It isn't as OP as when i first read Weylyn's post, but it's definitely still OP.

On the note of early game though, it just isn't practical to do that. You won't have the resources to set up a large tree farm like that (I'm assuming Steve's Carts) to get that kind of output from it. Endgame, you really have the resources that you wouldn't need to transmute wood into diamonds. If you think I'm arguing for EE3, I'm not. I'm only trying to look at it from a logical perspective. That being said, mid game is probably where it would be most OP, as chances are you have an abundance of some materials (wood for example), and lacking in others (iron is usually my limiting resource). With EE3 instead of playing the game you could very easily farm a minium stone and get all the iron you'd ever need, as even a forestry tree farm (new ones as well as old) would be able to supply the wood for 3/4 of your resource needs. Admittedly, it would be slow at first, but still is very OP.

to Nan: I had no clue Pah was scrapping his efforts for equivalency. That makes it even more clear that this mod shouldn't go on the server. I've got nothing against the guy, but going against the wishes of what seems like 3/4 of his mod's community is a dumb idea on his part.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
to Nan: I had no clue Pah was scrapping his efforts for equivalency. That makes it even more clear that this mod shouldn't go on the server. I've got nothing against the guy, but going against the wishes of what seems like 3/4 of his mod's community is a dumb idea on his part.

To my understanding. he was removing EMC as a whole and restructuring it into something more balanced. However it appears this is no longer the case. Had he not put in the ability to create obsidian from wood etc etc. I would actually welcome the mod. I actually used my minium stone to make me some clay for a alloy furnace because i had no clay around me but lots of gravel.

I had a go at the config. The one thing i noticed that could "help" in balancing the mod. Is that you can alter the minium stones durability from 1521 easily to like say a wooden pickaxe. Then alter the conversion of items from 1 to say 10. I highly doubt someone is gonna go through the tedious task of maintaining a autocrafting system with mob drops and such to get one stone. Then to have it break several uses later then have to recharge the inert stone. despite this fact. the mod is to OP. Had Pahimar included a config option to disable the crafting of obsidian from wood. I could agree to keeping it.