Private Pack TahgCraft [Closed, Can't pay for it]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Planning mods for the new server instance today. Tentative will be the new DW pack as base, with the addition of DenPipes, PfF, and Applied Energistics, less EBXL The big differences from our current modified pack will be the removal of GregTech, TrainCraft, EBXL, and the addition of AE.
In addition, but server side only, I'm considering adding MyTown and related mods. (see http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1650110- ) I would like to get a few opinions though before I finalize this as the current pack.
Just as a reminder, the current map will be staying for the time being, although it won't be getting regular pack updates. The new pack is more the type of server I want to run. Also, this pack doesn't have to be set in stone if there are other mods that come up later.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much these changes i like. One other thing everyone was discussing was the removal of soulshards. If we have portalgun and or gravigun. Players can just construct their own grinders pretty much. Actually tahg i think you should keep EBXL. Its recent updates fixes a lot of things. sure the added biomes are annoying. But they re actually fun. Oh yes one big thing. REMOVE EE3!!

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
he'll get to them when he does.

Anyway also maybe add the netherores mod. That way people explore in the nether more often then actually using a quarry.

Anthaeus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure about MyTown, but it would help encourage people to work together rather than a few building spawn and everyone else scattering to the corners of the world.

Soul shards are fine IF people remember to turn them off when they aren't needed, and I'd really like to see how the mod develops. If we lose the shards, we will probably end up with mob grinders all over the place instead, and to be honest they are more likely to cause lag issues.

As for other mods, being a little disorganised with my inventory management, I quite like the look of the inv search mod slow was trying out a couple of days ago, (assuming you can't find spawners with it any more).

TopJo

Jul 29, 2019
MyTown - It looks like it could work. I don't have any reason to use it now but it is always possible we could get someone greifing.

I like EBXL unless it causes lag or bugs.

I like Applied Energistics.

I agree traincraft needs to go.

I'll stay out of the gregtech & ee3 debate.

Can't wait for the new map.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
After talking to Slow and CWW I've rescinded my thoughts on GT. CWW is going to help with configs for me.

I've slightly revised what I'd like to have personally in the pack based on feedback.
1. Keep EBXL but disable most/all biomes (open for suggestions) As for why have it at all, see 2.
2. Add Mine Factory Reloaded. This looks like fairly cool mod, gives implicit permission for modpacks, and to better explain 1. has a way of producing quicksand and cracked sand when EBXL is installed.
3. Add Nether Ores (Haven't used this in the past though, so will need to take a look at configs.)
4. Add that search mod assuming it's balanced. I believe it's a clientside mod though, so I can't really stop you if you want it yourselves.
5. Potentially add MyTown soon, but for the time being +-750 blocks from 0,0 is reserved for a central spawn and 4 600x600 corner "towns"
6. Add Applied Energistics, not much else to say on that.
7. Keep all other DW mods. I know some have expressed issues with SoulShards and/or EE3, but I have no reason to believe they cause server instability (I can look at gameplay on a person by person basis)

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 has some known duplication methods. Soulshards was discussed in the TS today. perhaps leave it. If people want to be ignorant and not make fail safes on their shards. then they best not be suprised if they find them gone. also i looked at minefactory in SP.....it got stupidly laggy when i tried to use it for automation and stuff. Its basically BC but without the pipes. Mine Factory does as weylyn stated everything several other mods extensively do already.

-Edit
Can't remember who. But someone asked me if you could look into adding Balkions Weapons.

Selej

Jul 29, 2019
Item search is not client mod that i know of. tried to make it work on the server right now didnt work well. gotta look into it.

nick493

Jul 29, 2019
I really like all the proposed changes to the server. I do like ExtraBiomes but it adds fat too many biomes and makes finding some vanilla biomes quite hard. As with EE3 having duplication methods there are other mods we are already using that have duplication methods so I dont think it's that big a deal.

BigDaveNz

Jul 29, 2019
My Opinions:

EBXL: If it stays please get rid of the large tree biombe's... As far as im concerned they cause ridiculous world gen lag. But that might just be me. and noone else...
And i agree that it makes finding beehives etc. But i do like it.

Nether ores is fun. But kinda OP. Its basically dense ores... just because you can break netherakk so fast. But then again. still not as OP as dense ores ;)

AE sounds awesome.

TBH minefactory is an incredibly weak mod compared to Powercraft (At least the last time I played Minefactory it was. but that was ages ago)... However i am unsure what Powercraft is like in an SMP Enviroment. The lasers are awesome and so are there miners. It also adds the best parts of almost every mod. It even has it's own programming language and Miners "Bulldozers". I originally used minefactory but switched to powercraft as it was alot better. However the only problem that might come up is that teleporters are kinda OP as they teleport players aswell as items... But if your considering Minefactory... consider Powercraft as a replacement. There is already a couple of servers using powercraft alongside most of the FTB mods (TC3/RP2 etc.)

With EE3 theres no problem. If you want to break the game by exploiting thats your problem.

ghellerman

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with BigDave when he says get rid of the redwoods. I do like them, but the fact that you get bombarded with saplings when you go near them is kind of annoying. I've never played with nether ores really, but anything that gets people out and exploring sounds good with me. AE looks amazing, I haven't tried it out but i looked at the videos on the forum post for it and it just looks incredible. I don't really have an opinion on MineFactory as I've never used it. I don't have a problem with EE3, as long as people don't exploit dupe bugs and whatnot.

Soulshards I'm actually okay with, but I think we need to put some rules on it. Maybe a special age (void?) with community spawners, possibly alike what.. Zeldo? did on Forgecraft. I'm not really familiar with MyTown, but I kinda feel like I'm playing singleplayer because nobody's near me. So if it's anything like it sounds I'm good for it.

P.S. sorry for not being active in the last month or so. Got busy with school stuff. Just started my new semester last week, so things should be getting back to normal where I can play again.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Also I wish to nominate Selej as the next OP to the server as well. He's done some incredible stuff. His technical knowledge of the mods is superb. More so then my own. plus he seems to be online whenever i'm not. Which is a massive plus should the server take a shit.

Reactions: BigDaveNz