Private Pack TahgCraft [Closed, Can't pay for it]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
No real need to state you sent PMs, I get email for them (as opposed to thread replies which I don't). Server seems to be doing well now after some initial trouble. No idea as I didn't change anything. I will probably whitelist another group of people in the next day orso.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
No real need to state you sent PMs, I get email for them (as opposed to thread replies which I don't). Server seems to be doing well now after some initial trouble. No idea as I didn't change anything. I will probably whitelist another group of people in the next day orso.
Ahhh thanks, I was just wondering if i'd applied properly as no reply but thanks for info. :)

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
I still have 37 people on the raffle list. I'm taking people in slowly to see how things go

Alex L

Jul 29, 2019
TahgCraft will be a pair of Minecraft servers using the Mindcrack pack. Initially only the survival server will be available. Successful applicants will have equal access to either server. Initial concurrent slots on each server will be set to 50, but is subject to change dependent on performance.

Server: 3.4Ghz, 32GB ram, s.tahgcraft.com (Survival)
Pack: Currently Mindcrack + Mystcraft
General Rules:
  • Absolutely no griefing. Any reasonably confirmed griefing will be met with a ban, no refunds.
  • Mystcraft ages are to be made by ops only. Management reserves the right to delete any unapproved age.
  • Streaming and/or filming of the server is allowed, so chat should be kept relatively clean. Audio content can be whatever maturity level the filmer desires.
Survival Rules:
  • This is a legit server. Anyone caught duping or otherwise exploiting Minecraft or a mod with be dealt with on a case by case basis. Penalties may range from deletion of duped items to a ban.
  • A creative Myst notebook will be provided by the management to facilitate stable ages without an undue amount of server strain due to world generation.
  • The spawn area shall consist of a 300x300 region in the overworld centered on the origin. Items and machines in this area should remain in this area unless explicitly marked as being free for the taking. Members are encouraged to contribute to buildings/machinery in this area to be shared by everyone. While a reasonable attempt should be made to locate owners of materials being processed at spawn, members risk resources becoming fair game should they leave them at spawn while logged off.
  • Personal homes should be built outside the spawn area and are to be considered private unless either marked otherwise or a person has a specific invitation to visit.
  • Please do not strip mine the overworld. This includes but is not limited to quarries, frame machines, and/or turtle excavation programs. If you feel you must, either restore the surface afterwards, or do so in a secluded area. One or more Mystcraft ages will be provided suitable for mining.
Creative Rules:
TBD

Application process:
Please PM Tahg with the following:
  • Your Minecraft uesrname
  • 2-3 pictures of a build you created
  • A brief summary of what you're good at (ie technical or aesthetic building, and/or mods that you're good at)
  • Whether or not you want to make a one time donation of $20 for guaranteed admittance (subject to available space on a first come first serve basis) or be entered into a raffle for a free whitelist. Total number of raffle spots will depend on the number of approved applications received.
Donations of any amount are appreciated, but do not guarantee acceptance. Please wait until you are accepted if you want to make a donation for the purposes of whitelisting.

You ONLY need the attached file if you want to be sure you have matching recipes. Some things, especially in GregTech, have been changed from the defaults.
did you get my message tahg? :)

Shivy011

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, my client doesn't want to join the server. It seems to work fine when there is no MystCraft, just Forge says there is no MystCraft installed. Then I install MystCraft and I get a crash. Can anyone help? :) Here is the crash log:

http://pastebin.com/CBPyeLWu

Throaks

Jul 29, 2019
Wondering if its just a random crash or brought down due to people trolling and not playing nice together.

Akaedis

Jul 29, 2019
Wondering if its just a random crash or brought down due to people trolling and not playing nice together.

i HIGHLY bet it was someone who had a book receptical, and finally placed it down that made it crash, cause thats what caused it last time i think

Akaedis

Jul 29, 2019
So i assume it's sleeping time for Tahg atm?
tahg hasn't been online at all today, im assuming hes at a friends house or relatives, probably at a dinner i bet, or went on a little vacation, but i highly doubt it as he probably would of left someone in charge...

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, I've investigated the crash, just haven't decided what I want to do about it yet. The issue is with forestry, and it's been fixed in a later version than the one in the pack. I can do one of two things:

1. Just restart the server and see if it happens again.
2. Update Forestry (this would require everyone to manually install the update as well)

As an extension of 2, would you guys mind if I updated for critical patches that are needed between updates to the pack? For now I'll just restart the server until I hear some opinions.

Thanks,
Tahg

Johnson

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, I've investigated the crash, just haven't decided what I want to do about it yet. The issue is with forestry, and it's been fixed in a later version than the one in the pack. I can do one of two things:

1. Just restart the server and see if it happens again.
2. Update Forestry (this would require everyone to manually install the update as well)

As an extension of 2, would you guys mind if I updated for critical patches that are needed between updates to the pack? For now I'll just restart the server until I hear some opinions.

Thanks,
Tahg

Option 2 all the way. Also, I heard there was an update to Soul Shards that fixed the Soul Forge from spamming information constantly. Manually including updates isn't hard, especially since you are already providing the config pack. That seems to be the hardest part for people.

Shivy011

Jul 29, 2019
That crash is an ID mismatch Shivy. Download the config's in the OP

Thanks for the help BigDave ;)

Got another problem now. I've just been playing on the server, and at this certain point (I have walked away from spawn about 100 blocks) I crash. No log, the window just closes and the Client shuts down. Maybe there is something wrong with the chunk or so, but I can't get out of this area before crashing. Can anyone reset me back to spawn or help me in another way?

Thanks.

BigDaveNz

Jul 29, 2019
No log generally means a java error... try updating java... Otherwise i dont know what that one is. A tip to always have the log is transfer your FTB to multimc... as MultiMC's running log does not close when the game window does. That way you can tell exactly what happened at the point of the crash