Private Pack TahgCraft [Closed, Can't pay for it]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
I may have forgotten to mention I cleared my inbox a couple weeks ago. I just didn't know what the status of most of the apps in there was. Anyway I can add you. To anyone else, Part of the point of PMs is to not clutter up the thread, please don't post "I pm'd you messages" It's 1) messy, and 2) counterproductive (I get email notification of every PM, which I check way more often than this thread)

lombax

Jul 29, 2019
Same, could you please add me to the whitelist, not sure if my message went true? My name is lombax5832 in game and I would love to contribute to the TahgCraft Community. I am pretty knowledgeable with most of the mods.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Could you add me?
Cannot pm you for some reason.
Serpentis

Can you specify why you cannot send a PM? If you do not know how, follow these steps:

1. Click on Tahg's username.
  2. Click on "Start a Conversation"
  3. Done! Simply add a subject and copy/paste the application on page 1 and fill it out.

Same, could you please add me to the whitelist, not sure if my message went true? My name is lombax5832 in game and I would love to contribute to the TahgCraft Community. I am pretty knowledgeable with most of the mods.

Read Tahg's post above, if you sent the PM a few weeks ago or more resend it to him via PM. Otherwise, just wait for approval. This keeps the thread purty and clean! :D

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I've been thinking of recording a 30 minute video or so (once I get my power suit and can fly) of the server's most prominent buildings and creations, I've seen some impressive builds thus far. Has anyone already done this? Any opinions/suggestions/comments?

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, just some updates on where things stand. First, regarding updating to 1.5. In all likelyhood this will come with a map reset again. I know some people hate this, but I think it's nice to start fresh from time to time. More importantly, the list of mods on the server will be changing (but I don't have a final list yet) and that makes it difficult to keep existing maps.

Second, I've set up a donate link (finally). For anyone who wants to help me out, you can go to tahgcraft.com and click the donate button. Thanks

Zhul

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update, Tahg, but these are sad news, at least for me.
Because Selulance and I were trying to build nicely this time (look at -3250, -300). Meant more fun for a longer time than just trying to get everything as fast as possible. And I started for fresh often enough that I don't want to do it again right now.
Understandable that changing mods will change the world generation, but I'd vote for new chunks or new ages instead of a new map, if possible.

If not, could we please have a download of the current map (at least the overworld)? I'd seed a torrent.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, just some updates on where things stand. First, regarding updating to 1.5. In all likelyhood this will come with a map reset again. I know some people hate this, but I think it's nice to start fresh from time to time. More importantly, the list of mods on the server will be changing (but I don't have a final list yet) and that makes it difficult to keep existing maps.

Second, I've set up a donate link (finally). For anyone who wants to help me out, you can go to tahgcraft.com and click the donate button. Thanks

Tahg, thanks for keeping us up to date. I am alright with a server reset (but, then again I'm quite new and won't lose much unlike above poster). Any time frame more-or-less on when this will be setup?

PS: Is server offline? Can't connect, shows offline.

11philip22

Jul 29, 2019
Tahg, thanks for keeping us up to date. I am alright with a server reset (but, then again I'm quite new and won't lose much unlike above poster). Any time frame more-or-less on when this will be setup?

PS: Is server offline? Can't connect, shows offline.

i think its ofline beacause i can't connect too

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
The server did indeed appear to be unresponsive. I just restarted it, so it should be good soon. I need to get around to seeing if there's any fix for the problems its been having. As far as needing a new map, we'll see. If there are any major mods missing there will almost guaranteed be a map reset. One of the main mods in question right now is RP, but based on her recent twitter posts, it might be coming after all. It's really too early to tell tbh, and I expect a couple of weeks at least before anything happens. The last time I did this I shutdown the previous server because everyone wanted to move, but I can keep this one for as long as there is interest. The box I rent is powerful enough for a few servers, at no extra cost, but there's hardly been enough usage to merit the one.

TL;DR Don't expect any changes before FTB Ultimate for 1.5 is out.

11philip22

Jul 29, 2019
The server did indeed appear to be unresponsive. I just restarted it, so it should be good soon. I need to get around to seeing if there's any fix for the problems its been having. As far as needing a new map, we'll see. If there are any major mods missing there will almost guaranteed be a map reset. One of the main mods in question right now is RP, but based on her recent twitter posts, it might be coming after all. It's really too early to tell tbh, and I expect a couple of weeks at least before anything happens. The last time I did this I shutdown the previous server because everyone wanted to move, but I can keep this one for as long as there is interest. The box I rent is powerful enough for a few servers, at no extra cost, but there's hardly been enough usage to merit the one.

TL;DR Don't expect any changes before FTB Ultimate for 1.5 is out.

why dont we wait till redpower updates?

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
As some of you already may know, a few hours ago the server went offline. We are not really sure what caused this unexpected error, but please be patient as Tahg is currently working on resolving the problem. The server will be going online and offline periodically for the next hour or two while he tries to resolve/debug the issue.

Thank you for understanding.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
As some of you already may know, a few hours ago the server went offline. We are not really sure what caused this unexpected error, but please be patient as Tahg is currently working on resolving the problem. The server will be going online and offline periodically for the next hour or two while he tries to resolve/debug the issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Thank you for the update, awaiting patiently :D

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
We did some work on the server last night, and it appears to be more stable now. Hopefully it will last until we upgrade.

Akaedis

Jul 29, 2019
well map reset is fine with me, i got my mc account password back and all, and i think the power user group pretty much gave up once they achieved their goals of end game...
EDIT(I'm not quitting, but im just waiting for 1.5 now... been playing with tinkers construct and found a decent balance with natura mod and those redwoods, 250 = you only see them like every couple thousand blocks)
btw, has anyone removed our chunk loaders yet/who still plays from power user group? btw catalisum/whatever OP, if you guys WANT you CAN remove my chunk loader from my base in power user age, its tiny but its still a chunkloader, only thing its chunkloading is EU, AE system, and MFFS atm, and 2 xycraft tanks, i think their may be a few mob spawners but not sure.