Tabula Rasa/Custom Items discussion (was Longshot Request - hopefuly very simple)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap, was just thinking to myself, "Gee, it'd be cool if I could make it so in order to mine iron ore, one has to have iron equivalent tools already, and maybe disable quartz tools while I'm at it with Minetweaker", but damn, this is gonna be awesome.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yeah, forgot the default behavior on blocks is stupid. Fixed that.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57416963/TabulaRasa-1.6.4-1.0.0.jar

Didn't bother renaming, sorry.

Anyways, as far as textures go, your string should read <mod>:TextureName (no .png)

and for blocks, that'll end up in mod/textures/blocks/TextureName

for items, it will be mod/texture/items/TextureName.

So basically that "/" should be a colon, and then in the /textures/blocks/ subdirectory of tabularasa in your assets folder, or at least I assume. Check another texture pack for the directory structure, but I believe I am correct.
Thanks! I'll give that a go tonight.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Holy crap, was just thinking to myself, "Gee, it'd be cool if I could make it so in order to mine iron ore, one has to have iron equivalent tools already, and maybe disable quartz tools while I'm at it with Minetweaker", but damn, this is gonna be awesome.
I don't believe you can do that with this, as it's purely making blank blocks/items for you to manipulate yourself with minetweaker and textures, and plonk in the world with a worldgen mod.
While it has the ability to set hardness and resistance, it seems no matter the hardness, you can still mine with a wooden pickaxe (just will take a very long time!)

Using 10 of the 16 blocks for the poor ores, and the remaining for a harder stone, which leads to 5 decorative blocks.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
As a sidenote, adding custom blocks, items and woldgen is a planned feature for MineTweaker. MineTweaker 3 will be released this weekend and I have a lot of plans with it. In the meantime, I will mention this mod in the MineTweaker thread. It's good to see creative use of it :)
Sweet! Sounds like some big future plans for MineTweaker.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how hard it would be to use something like this to craft blocks in game. Like a gui with a mini art program. You draw the textures then set block characteristics. And more or less print the block. It should be doable. I'm not sure how resource friendly it would be.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how hard it would be to use something like this to craft blocks in game. Like a gui with a mini art program. You draw the textures then set block characteristics. And more or less print the block. It should be doable. I'm not sure how resource friendly it would be.

Impossible, this only adds basic blocks, to add special features you'll need to code them in separately.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I had an idea like this except what I thought was more complex. This would be so servers can have their own custom blocks. Basically when you log on to the server it loads x amount of blocks and saves the resources/script(as in a .json file) to somewhere in the MC folder and when you log off the server it deletes them (also there would be an option) to not delete the resources so you wouldn't have to load them every time. This would be easily feasible as the .json script could allocate certain data to blocks when the game loads.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I can confirm that the textures and block drops are working correctly. Thanks KL!

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I am confused how to add custom textures, do you need to make a resource pack or can it be done without?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
As a sidenote, adding custom blocks, items and woldgen is a planned feature for MineTweaker. MineTweaker 3 will be released this weekend and I have a lot of plans with it. In the meantime, I will mention this mod in the MineTweaker thread. It's good to see creative use of it :)

<3

@Jadedcat will you get Stan a dev tag plz

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Would anyone be interested in instructions for replicating Poor Ores within 1.6.4 using Tabula Rasa, Minetweaker 2.3 and COFHWorld Gen? Poor Ores adds ore blocks that smelt down to Nuggets, works best if you reduce ore generation.

I've also added "Dense Stone" which just takes longer to mine, designed to slow down mining in the depths with poor tools.

Both are quite easy to do, but if you are just starting out it can be confusing.

I'm also looking at making a "tech" way of crafting spawn eggs by using existing mods.

Reactions: 1SDAN

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone be interested in instructions for replicating Poor Ores within 1.6.4 using Tabula Rasa, Minetweaker 2.3 and COFHWorld Gen? Poor Ores adds ore blocks that smelt down to Nuggets, works best if you reduce ore generation.

I've also added "Dense Stone" which just takes longer to mine, designed to slow down mining in the depths with poor tools.

Both are quite easy to do, but if you are just starting out it can be confusing.

I'm also looking at making a "tech" way of crafting spawn eggs by using existing mods.

I'm not sure it possible with out a few tweaks to some mods but I can suggest a fun way of doing it. Using Tinkerers construct, tinkerers steel works, and minefactory reloaded as a basis. You pore mob essence into a ingot cast to make mob goop ingots then smelt them in the steel smelter with 3 items related to that mob and pore it into a egg mold. You could also just pore the mob goop directly into the steel smelter but I want to see someone make mob goop blocks.
It would require adding egg molds to tcon and the egg resipies to Steel works.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm not sure it possible with out a few tweaks to some mods but I can suggest a fun way of doing it. Using Tinkerers construct, tinkerers steel works, and minefactory reloaded as a basis. You pore mob essence into a ingot cast to make mob goop ingots then smelt them in the steel smelter with 3 items related to that mob and pore it into a egg mold. You could also just pore the mob goop directly into the steel smelter but I want to see someone make mob goop blocks.
It would require adding egg molds to tcon and the egg resipies to Steel works.
My initial thoughts were 8 buckets of MFR Mob Goo around an Egg for the base material (so a LiquidCrafter or AutAct should work), then an other component that's built up of the mob drops. Combine the Egg, Mob Drops, Meat ingot, give it a strong zap in a BC laser assembly system, pop, one egg.
All that would be possible with Tabula Rasa and Minetweaker.

Kasdar

Jul 29, 2019

I wouldnt complain if you wanted to provide a little instruction.

Reactions: 1SDAN

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
My initial thoughts were 8 buckets of MFR Mob Goo around an Egg for the base material (so a LiquidCrafter or AutAct should work), then an other component that's built up of the mob drops. Combine the Egg, Mob Drops, Meat ingot, give it a strong zap in a BC laser assembly system, pop, one egg.
All that would be possible with Tabula Rasa and Minetweaker.

Buildcraft? I assume that you would find eggs most usefull for packs like Aggskys. And that has no buildcraft.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
i must be an idiot, but i cant find permissions of any sort on this topic, so can i use tabularasa in my jampacked modpack? (for the competition)

Reactions: Watchful11